• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU VS COLORADO or Missouri St VS MONTANA: SEASON OPENERS

Definitely the Griz vs Missouri State is what id go to (assuming thats the meaning behind this post). However I'd be lying if I didn't wish we'd play some MWC schools more often, love to see how we'd stand up vs WYO, USU, Boise etc.
Me, too!

I think the best case scenario for the Griz is both NDSU and SDSU (@ Oklahoma State) lose week 1 so that when they play each other on October 12, one of them will have 2 losses meaning that team won’t get a top 2 seed. Then we just hope and pray that whoever wins on 10/12 will stub their toe against somebody else along the way

I think the best case scenario for the Griz is both NDSU and SDSU (@ Oklahoma State) lose week 1 so that when they play each other on October 12, one of them will have 2 losses meaning that team won’t get a top 2 seed. Then we just hope and pray that whoever wins on 10/12 will stub their toe against somebody else along the way
There’s also a worst case scenario as both play up games are winnable for those programs and it becomes impossible to uproot them from a top 2 seed meaning any road to Frisco would go through the cow barn or the rabbit checkerboard in Brookings.

There’s also a worst case scenario as both play up games are winnable for those programs and it becomes impossible to uproot them from a top 2 seed meaning any road to Frisco would go through the cow barn or the rabbit checkerboard in Brookings.
That is certainly a possibility. I like NDSU's chances against Colorado, especially after all the turmoil that's been going on with Deion and the guys, but SDSU has a tall task against Oklahoma State. The pokes are gonna have a good team this year and IMO will contend for the Big 12 title. I do think they have a shot, but It'll be tough. IMO, NDSU has a way better chance at winning their game than SDSU does. I'm just gonna pray they both lose.

History is against the jacks for sure, but OSU has struggled mightily the last couple of years getting it going in the opener. It’ll be a tough place to pull out a win, but I don’t think they will be intimidated at all going into Stillwater.

As for the Colorado game, does the want for a coach prime faceplant with his approach to “building” that program trump the hatred for the bison? Will be a tough game to watch for sure.

History is against the jacks for sure, but OSU has struggled mightily the last couple of years getting it going in the opener. It’ll be a tough place to pull out a win, but I don’t think they will be intimidated at all going into Stillwater.

As for the Colorado game, does the want for a coach prime faceplant with his approach to “building” that program trump the hatred for the bison? Will be a tough game to watch for sure.
I don’t get the hate for Deion. Explain the rationale please.

I don’t hate Deion. I think he is a hell of an athlete, probably one of the most God gifted athletes that we have seen, at least in my lifetime. His swagger is in line with that. As a professional athlete, I’m all for it.

Now, as a leader of young men, I find him to be a snake oil salesman. He’s all flash and show and no substance. He did everything he could to hype things and feed the media last year and crest narratives to drive interest. Good for him, good for the university. He put butts in the seats and made the program more relevant than it has been in decades. I don’t believe it’s good for the athletes and it was clear he is willing to sacrifice and throw anyone under the bus to avoid his sons taking any blame as part of a 4-8 team. I think he will leave that program in more shambles than he found it. Time will tell and I could absolutely be wrong.

I don’t hate Deion. I think he is a hell of an athlete, probably one of the most God gifted athletes that we have seen, at least in my lifetime. His swagger is in line with that. As a professional athlete, I’m all for it.

Now, as a leader of young men, I find him to be a snake oil salesman. He’s all flash and show and no substance. He did everything he could to hype things and feed the media last year and crest narratives to drive interest. Good for him, good for the university. He put butts in the seats and made the program more relevant than it has been in decades. I don’t believe it’s good for the athletes and it was clear he is willing to sacrifice and throw anyone under the bus to avoid his sons taking any blame as part of a 4-8 team. I think he will leave that program in more shambles than he found it. Time will tell and I could absolutely be wrong.
Fair enough. I can’t say what he’s like behind closed doors but from the outside looking in, it does appear he might not be the best leader for young men. That being said, I’d still think it’s cool to see him succeed

He's not building anything. Lots of 1-2 year flash players. Nothing future oriented. He'll leave with his son's.

Exactly my thoughts the first time I saw that phony huckster wear it. He looks the same as the Drug Store Cowboys seen in Montana every summer. Touron bastards. Haven't seen a full body view of him wearing the Stetson, but I presume he has Tony Llamas riding boots on, pants tucked inside the boots, kinda like the Arntzen political ads on TV.
Neon wouldn't know the front from the back of a horse. Fitting, as he is a horses ass.

Articles on Missouri State to CUSA and FBS

Well of all teams in that conference I wouldn’t have picked them to be the ones to pull the trigger. There needs to be a Midwest/west version of the c-USA in the group of 5. Seeming more and more like the group of five will become the next 1-AA and FCS will be reduced to a third tier or division 2.

Back