• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

myanmar tragedy

argh!

DONOR
the military, of course supported by the ccp, is doing terrible things to the people of myanmar, who seem determined to continue non-violent protesting, despite risking getting shot. given that the ccp would veto any u.n. action, should the u.s. do anything other than sanctions, which mostly hurt the people (in this case)? i think their biggest export might be jade, which is often sent 'underground', by thugs, to china. what a shitty situation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/09/world/asia/myanmar-military-tatmadaw-violence.html

on a slightly lighter side, there is the video of a woman doing aerobics while the coup happens behind her. ironically, the music is an indonesian anti-authoritarian song. not sure the woman knew why the lyrics meant, as they are in a very specific dialect that apparently combines portuguese and other languages, and is only spoken in one city in indonesia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6lqE_MQv8o

Grenada, Panama, Libya, Lebanon, Kuwait, Iraq, ISIS, Afghanistan, others you find unmentioned except for magazines like 'Soldier of Fortune.' The neo-cons have never found a war they didn't like. 20 f*cking years in Afghanistan, trying to drag that 11th century garbage into the 21st century. Biden and his puppet masters will get us into Myanmar, mark my words. Got a son or daughter in the military, then get then the hell out unless you want a headstone to mourn over.

tourist said:
Grenada, Panama, Libya, Lebanon, Kuwait, Iraq, ISIS, Afghanistan, others you find unmentioned except for magazines like 'Soldier of Fortune.' The neo-cons have never found a war they didn't like. 20 f*cking years in Afghanistan, trying to drag that 11th century garbage into the 21st century. Biden and his puppet masters will get us into Myanmar, mark my words. Got a son or daughter in the military, then get then the hell out unless you want a headstone to mourn over.

myanmar is too poor, and too dependent on the ccp, to be 'worth it' for the u.s.. i suspect we'll see some more sanctions, some sanctimonious talk by the u.n., and then the people will be dragged backwards again. hopefully they'll at least have some internet and connection to the world. although it would be a ccp styled, censored copy of the internet, but probably even more crude. 10 steps (years) forward, 50 back.

Only the govt has guns. Our left wants to take all our guns. We would be in the same bind as the Burmese.

tourist said:
Only the govt has guns. Our left wants to take all our guns. We would be in the same bind as the Burmese.

Tourist it’s not so much about who has the guns it’s more bout who controls access to the market place of ideas on the internet and social media, satellite tv, cell service. Control that and you control the world. So yeah cyberspace is what needs to be freed

Common ground, again. Hmm. CCP controls internet/everything else there, big tech/big media controls internet/information here. Both censor. Co-evils.

tourist said:
Common ground, again. Hmm. CCP controls internet/everything else there, big tech/big media controls internet/information here. Both censor. Co-evils.

What is despicable is google and the rest of them team up with the bastards to keep the population under their thumb. But that’s free enterprise right. We should be finding ways to force google and Facebook and the rest of them not to help the ccp control the internet in China or anywhere else. We need a military cyber campaign to bring the west to the people in Rangoon and China like we did with radio free Europe back in the day. We are not so different you and I, you just like guns and cocktails more then me. Lol

Back