• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MSU's Indoor Practice Facility

ElrodGrizzly said:
Livininthebush said:
If you are trying to compare what u.of Montana is doing by having a temporary inflatable bubble dome to an permanent structure. Haha.

How many years will the bubble be usable before the u.of Montana will be looking to upgrade 5-7?

these kind of structures are not meant to be permanent

Considering ours cost half as much and will bring in a projected $500,000 per year, according to the impartial Board of Regents, I'd say we are fine with that. And no, an upgrade isn't needed in 5-7 years. You know that Universities plan out facilities moves sometimes decades in advance, right? And that this isn't just something done by the athletic department, but has been done by independent architects and engineers? And reviewed by the Commissioner of Higher Education and the Board of Regents, right?

You sound like you think some random yokels threw up an an inflatable bounce house. This is a much more physical and long term structure than you seem to realize. Is it meant to last forever? No, of course not. But with our football revenue starting to explode again, that won't be a problem. Being back on top will be great for our budgets in the coming years. Just watch.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DcPwxTTfQQo8&ved=2ahUKEwiw6sOL7IOEAxUuGDQIHQzLAyoQwqsBegQIDxAE&usg=AOvVaw3DoGGGGMH8QYD0vwZY_puh

Listen to what Hansen of mtn sports calls it at around the 1:45 mark an inflatable dome it is definitely not a much more physical and long term structure like you claim. :roll:

Livininthebush said:
ElrodGrizzly said:
Considering ours cost half as much and will bring in a projected $500,000 per year, according to the impartial Board of Regents, I'd say we are fine with that. And no, an upgrade isn't needed in 5-7 years. You know that Universities plan out facilities moves sometimes decades in advance, right? And that this isn't just something done by the athletic department, but has been done by independent architects and engineers? And reviewed by the Commissioner of Higher Education and the Board of Regents, right?

You sound like you think some random yokels threw up an an inflatable bounce house. This is a much more physical and long term structure than you seem to realize. Is it meant to last forever? No, of course not. But with our football revenue starting to explode again, that won't be a problem. Being back on top will be great for our budgets in the coming years. Just watch.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DcPwxTTfQQo8&ved=2ahUKEwiw6sOL7IOEAxUuGDQIHQzLAyoQwqsBegQIDxAE&usg=AOvVaw3DoGGGGMH8QYD0vwZY_puh

Listen to what Hansen of mtn sports calls it at around the 1:45 mark an inflatable dome it is definitely not a much more physical and long term structure like you claim. :roll:

The inflatable tennis facility at msu was up for close to 20 years. And that was with much older technology.

BozAngelesGriz said:
Livininthebush said:

The inflatable tennis facility at msu was up for close to 20 years. And that was with much older technology.

Also, I know Arizona State has one that has been there for years. Both the UM and MSU new IPF’s will be very functional.

Livininthebush said:
ElrodGrizzly said:

It's much more physical and long-term than a blow up bouncy house which was his WHOLE POINT. Maybe stop being deliberately obtuse.

Da Boyz Mom said:
Livininthebush said:

It's much more physical and long-term than a blow up bouncy house which was his WHOLE POINT. Maybe stop being deliberately obtuse.

Nope, the comparison was between what the u. Of Montana indoor practice facility is going to look like in comparison to what the bobcats are building.

I don't have a problem with what u of montana wants to have in a facility

I also agree it will be perfectly functionable,, but to act like it will be some game changer for the griz I.m.h.o.is just wrong when comparing it to practice facilities south dakota state, north dakota state and what u.of north dakota have built this decade.

Livininthebush said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

Nope, the comparison was between what the u. Of Montana indoor practice facility is going to look like in comparison to what the bobcats are building.

I also agree it will be perfectly functionable,, but to act like it will be some game changer for the griz I.m.h.o.is just wrong when comparing it to practice facilities south dakota state, north dakota state and what u.of north dakota have built this decade.

You're obviously one of those people who responds to the conversation you think is happening rather than the one that is actually happening, and then when you're called out you just double down. Sheesh

Da Boyz Mom said:
Livininthebush said:

You're obviously one of those people who responds to the conversation you think is happening rather than the one that is actually happening, and then when you're called out you just double down. Sheesh

Oh, I believe those conversations may very well BE taking place. In his mind only. Which is precisely what scares the shit outta me.

Livininthebush said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

Do you think the indoor practice facilities were game changers for those 3 schools? While I don't know, I sure woudn't have thought that. Other things seem to have helped the programs more.

Da Boyz Mom said:
Livininthebush said:

The thread of this topic was always between the comparisons of the two new indoor practice facilities being built by u.of montana and Montana state bobcats, if some how you got lost that's on you and not me..

If you want to direct your angst over why your confused direct it toward elrodgrizzle, he is the one who tried to deflect the issue by bring up bouncie houses, but we both know you won't do that.right?

In the link I provided earlier, a reporter of the story who actually covers the griiz referenced it by what he thought it looked like on state wide news, if he can see/tell what is in comparison to what other f.c.s. schools are building than surely incoming future recruits can see the difference too,right?

mthoopsfan said:
Livininthebush said:

Do you think the indoor practice facilities were game changers for those 3 schools? While I don't know, I sure woudn't have thought that. Other things seem to have helped the programs more.

As far as u.of north dakota they are usually in the f.c.s playoff field ..

As far as sdsu jacks and the ndsu bison
,here is a link with quotes from former and current players from both teams and they all think it made a significant difference in their programs.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://crawfordarch.com/northern-exposure-indoor-facilities-almost-a-necessity-for-bison-jacks-in-reaching-fcs-title-game/&ved=2ahUKEwjb5daxq4WEAxXUkyYFHfONDysQFnoECCsQAQ&usg=AOvVaw22aNdWhOCUouUE4KucYVsU

Livininthebush said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

The thread of this topic was always between the comparisons of the two new indoor practice facilities being built by u.of montana and Montana state bobcats, if some how you got lost that's on you and not me..

If you want to direct your angst over why your confused direct it toward elrodgrizzle, he is the one who tried to deflect the issue by bring up bouncie houses, but we both know you won't do that.right?

In the link I provided earlier, a reporter of the story who actually covers the griiz referenced it by what he thought it looked like on state wide news, if he can see/tell what is in comparison to what other f.c.s. schools are building than surely incoming future recruits can see the difference too,right?

He only brought up bouncy houses to make a point over how you were presenting the MSU practice facility as a permanent structure as opposed to the UM practice facility not being a permanent structure. While according to the news stories describing both facilities NEITHER ONE IS A PERMANENT STRUCTURE. The news stories regarding the MSU facility clearly state that it has some sort of fabric covering. That is not permanent. Elrod was simply trying to point out to you that you are making a case that is incorrect. Yes the UM facility is inflatable which makes it temporary but fabric is also temporary. And MSU is paying significantly more money for their facility than UM is, when both will end up being temporary. That is the point that is trying to be made to you while you just keep denigrating the UM plan. I don't think anyone is saying that Montana's planned facility is all that much better than MSU's. The points I have seen made simply state that for the amount of money MSU is paying, they are getting nothing better in the long run than what UM is getting. If you cannot understand this argument then you need to go take a logic class.

Livininthebush said:
mthoopsfan said:

,here is a link with quotes from former and current players from both teams and they all think it made a significant difference in their programs.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://crawfordarch.com/northern-exposure-indoor-facilities-almost-a-necessity-for-bison-jacks-in-reaching-fcs-title-game/&ved=2ahUKEwjb5daxq4WEAxXUkyYFHfONDysQFnoECCsQAQ&usg=AOvVaw22aNdWhOCUouUE4KucYVsU

So your point is that an indoor practice facility has been a huge impact for the Dakota schools but it will NOT make an impact for the Montana schools? If that's the case then why are they spending all this money? Of course it's going to make an impact.

You're hilarious. You argue one side of the argument in one post and the opposite side of the argument in your next post. You need to figure out what your opinion even is.

Da Boyz Mom said:
Livininthebush said:

He only brought up bouncy houses to make a point over how you were presenting the MSU practice facility as a permanent structure as opposed to the UM practice facility not being a permanent structure. While according to the news stories describing both facilities NEITHER ONE IS A PERMANENT STRUCTURE. The news stories regarding the MSU facility clearly state that it has some sort of fabric covering. That is not permanent. Elrod was simply trying to point out to you that you are making a case that is incorrect. Yes the UM facility is inflatable which makes it temporary but fabric is also temporary. And MSU is paying significantly more money for their facility than UM is, when both will end up being temporary. That is the point that is trying to be made to you while you just keep denigrating the UM plan. I don't think anyone is saying that Montana's planned facility is all that much better than MSU's. The points I have seen made simply state that for the amount of money MSU is paying, they are getting nothing better in the long run than what UM is getting. If you cannot understand this argument then you need to go take a logic class.

I clearly said in a previous post that I DONT have a problem with what u.of Montana wants out of this facility and is functional for THEM...

Da Boyz Mom said:
Livininthebush said:

So your point is that an indoor practice facility has been a huge impact for the Dakota schools but it will NOT make an impact for the Montana schools? If that's the case then why are they spending all this money? Of course it's going to make an impact.

You're hilarious. You argue one side of the argument in one post and the opposite side of the argument in your next post. You need to figure out what your opinion even is.

I know exactly where I stand on this, u.of north dakota and south dakta states facilities are both almost a decade old and they paid roughly three times what u.of Montana is spending on theirs .. ndsu completed their facility in 2023 and spent roughly 5 times what u of montana is spending, you get what you pay for in these cases.

If you watched the news story i gave the link to the atlhleic director at montana basically said he didn't want to keep going to boosters for more money, and at THIS time frame ANYTHING is better than nothing and they couldn't wait any longer to. build it.

Livininthebush said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

I clearly said in a previous post that I DONT have a problem with what u.of Montana wants out of this facility and is functional for THEM...

Yet you STILL won't concede that you clearly stated that MSU is building a PERMANENT facility which is what in your opinion makes it so much better than what UM is doing. It has been clearly proven that neither facility is permanent.

Da Boyz Mom said:
Livininthebush said:

Yet you STILL won't concede that you clearly stated that MSU is building a PERMANENT facility which is what in your opinion makes it so much better than what UM is doing. It has been clearly proven that neither facility is permanent.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://msubobcats.com/news/2023/11/17/football-montana-state-athletics-moves-closer-to-new-indoor-practice-facility-with-board-of-regents-approval-of-project.aspx&ved=2ahUKEwid9YHAvoWEAxX-lGoFHWJlDf0QFnoECBkQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2gr3ctK_DGF18yfchKP_-T.

Steel frame interior with a brick exterior, sounds like they are looking for it to be pemanent.

Livininthebush said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://msubobcats.com/news/2023/11/17/football-montana-state-athletics-moves-closer-to-new-indoor-practice-facility-with-board-of-regents-approval-of-project.aspx&ved=2ahUKEwid9YHAvoWEAxX-lGoFHWJlDf0QFnoECBkQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2gr3ctK_DGF18yfchKP_-T.

Steel fabric interior with a brick exterior, sounds like the want it to be permant to me

Dude, try to let this go. I did. You now have the kindest person on the board, Da Boyz Mom, trying to tell you how unreasonable you are being.

I clicked your link. The only place "brick" comes up is in Brick Breeden Fieldhouse. The link you just shared doesn't say what you claimed, just give it up. I literally quoted from the RFQ. "pre-engineered, metal framed, tensioned fabric exterior building," I didn't invent that. That is the RFQ. Are you familiar with an RFQ in the University system? I'm genuinely asking, not trying to be a jerk.

Lastly, look at your post that started this entire conversation response --

"If your a fan of u.of Montana you should because the price of these facilities are likely only going to get more expensive and the longer u.of Montana waits it's only getting increasingly harder for them to build something even similar of a facility that the bobcats are building."

That is what everyone is responding to. Ours is just as long term a structure as yours. One is a bubble, one is steel with fabric. Stop trying to make fetch happen.

ElrodGrizzly said:
Livininthebush said:

Steel fabric interior with a brick exterior, sounds like the want it to be permant to me

Dude, try to let this go. I did. You now have the kindest person on the board, Da Boyz Mom, trying to tell you how unreasonable you are being.

I clicked your link. The only place "brick" comes up is in Brick Breeden Fieldhouse. The link you just shared doesn't say what you claimed, just give it up. I literally quoted from the RFQ. "pre-engineered, metal framed, tensioned fabric exterior building," I didn't invent that. That is the RFQ. Are you familiar with an RFQ in the University system? I'm genuinely asking, not trying to be a jerk.

Lastly, look at your post that started this entire conversation response --

"If your a fan of u.of Montana you should because the price of these facilities are likely only going to get more expensive and the longer u.of Montana waits it's only getting increasingly harder for them to build something even similar of a facility that the bobcats are building."

That is what everyone is responding to. Ours is just as long term a structure as yours. One is a bubble, one is steel with fabric. Stop trying to make fetch happen.

The MSU building is a permanent structure. It has a heavy duty steel beam frame on a permanent foundation and will have brick veneer siding. The lifespan of the siding and roof I do not know. Just trying to clarify. I understood that UM went with the bubble as they wanted to get it in place more quickly. It is good recruiting tool along with preventing weather practice disruptions. Like I mentioned earlier, Arizona State has a bubble and it has been there for years. It deflated a couple of times as a result of storms but other than that it is fine. And yes, a bubble costs a lot less. Both the MSU and UM facilities will accomplish the same goals for the respective FB programs and will have the same benefits as the Dakota schools facility.

Back