• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MONTANA/ORAL ROBERTS

EverettGriz said:
Griz win!

Yes, the last 6 minutes weren't great. But man, this team can defend. We've got to find the stroke behind the arc, but otherwise this is a good looking team. Akoh and Nicholas make this team so much stronger.

They played great tonight!

Sure, shooting wasn't great. But we made FT when we needed to and the D was really great tonight. ORU got desperate tonight and started hitting with little time left. I'm more encouraged by the first 36 minutes than discouraged by the last four.

So, in terms of the stroke behind the arc, what's up with Bevins? Wasn't he supposed to be the guy to be the shooter for us? Tonight was the first FG he attempted all season.

griznative24 said:
A W is a W, I'll take it. Who do the Griz play next?

UM will play the winner of Sta Barbara v Pepperdine. Neither is strong, both are 1 and 3, I think I remember UCSB or Pepperdine losing to Northern Colorado last week, not sure. But, Montana has to play a full game. This game tonight is not indicative of what they can do. UCSB lost to Pitt, earlier. I think Pepperdine will win this one and play Um tomorrow. Their students really turn out so it should be more interesting.

TDC postgame comments:

Trying to rest some guys so we played some strange groups. Maturity is our biggest question mark, which you saw late in this game and the PSU game. Short stretches in both games where we didnt execute like we need to.

Effort was terrific. We need to play our young guys and they're going to make some mistakes. We defended them very well, but once they saw some shots go down, their hoop got really big. We missed uncontested wide open 3s. Weve got to shoot the ball with confidence. But our D is keeping us in games.

Twenty to ten assist to TO is the goal. We had 18 today but should have had more assists. Just need to be more consistent.

We knew Nicholoas would be a factor. The growth though for him is showing up off the ball. Taking a lot of information and playing aggressively.

Strange not to know your opponent, but we'll stick to our general rules. We'll give them a basic game plan and expect our rules to take us from there. Not concerned about fatigue. We'll play hard and the plan is to go deep on the bench depending on how we're playing.

Pleased with the FT shooting, especially when needed. Tells Riley he'll still have a voice for an interview tomorrow.

GO GRIZ

GrizLA said:
griznative24 said:

UM will play the winner of Sta Barbara v Pepperdine. Neither is strong, both are 1 and 3, I think I remember UCSB or Pepperdine losing to Northern Colorado last week, not sure. But, Montana has to play a full game. This game tonight is not indicative of what they can do. UCSB lost to Pitt, earlier. I think Pepperdine will win this one and play Um tomorrow. Their students really turn out so it should be more interesting.

Good to know. I believe Montana played Pepperdine last year at home, yes? I would just like to see a game where the Griz shoot above 40% from 3.

griznative24 said:
GrizLA said:
griznative24 said:

Good to know. I believe Montana played Pepperdine last year at home, yes? I would just like to see a game where the Griz shoot above 40% from 3.

I'd prefer they just keep winning.

1972 said:
griznative24 said:
GrizLA said:
griznative24 said:

I'd prefer they just keep winning.

Can we have both? Just making sure there aren't any rules I don't know about...

Glenn Junkert jumped on board to help out with some coverage from California this week. Here's his story:

Griz closes out Oral Roberts late to move to 3-1
https://skylinesportsmt.com/griz-closes-out-oral-roberts-late-to-move-to-3-1/

GrizLA said:
griznative24 said:

WOW!!! Wrong on two counts! I thought UM showed more promise this year. I still think Pepperdine is a better team than UCSB. I couldn't watch the Sta Barb. game but reading it just brings back that "wait till next year" feeling.

Back