• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Mo Club and Bartender Sued by Patron

PlayerRep

Wonder what's harder? Playing in the NFL or owning a bar?

"A man is suing the Missoula Club after one of the bar's bouncers allegedly assaulted him while yelling homophobic comments.

The lawsuit, filed on May 30, accuses the Missoula Club and one of the bar's bouncers of discriminating against a gay man who suffered a broken nose, dislocated shoulder, torn rotator cuff, and cuts and bruises in the alleged assault. Reece Pierce went to Providence-St. Patrick Hospital Emergency Room for treatment of his injuries, according to the suit.

According to a Missoula City police report filed on May 6, Ryan Blume allegedly punched the man in the back of the head, pushed him against a wall and threw him to the ground outside the Missoula Club shortly after midnight. Missoula police issued Blume a citation but was not taken into custody. He is next scheduled to appear in Missoula City Court on July 11, according to court records.

The lawsuit, which termed the assault a "hate-based attack," said the "openly gay" man was with a group at the Missoula Club when one of his friends got into an argument. The group was leaving the bar when Blume, one of the bar's bouncers, began shouting homophobic names at the man, according to the suit."

This bartender is a nice guy. From Anaconda. Think he is good friends with the Verlanic who played center for the Cats. Assume there's more to the story than what the lawsuit says. Too bad.

http://missoulian.com/news/local/man-sues-missoula-club-bouncer-after-alleged-assault-slurs/article_6259e08a-8b82-52b4-a98a-0dc943b588ac.html

Sometimes as hard as it is just keep your hands off of people. You can't just Gianforte people and get away with it😎.

We'll see what happens when we get more information and the investigation is complete, innocent until proven guilty. The last three sentences crack me up though, From Anaconda friends with Verlanic from the cats. I'm from NE Montana, friends with a few members of the Griz, thought i'd add that on the end.

nzone said:
You can't just Gianforte people and get away with it😎.

Pretty positive we would all see more than a minimal fine, community service and a few hours of anger management training if we engaged in the same activity in response to a valid, if unpleasant, question at work.

Montana politics is going to start looking like Arizona politics if they don't watch out. ;)

MT Jack said:
nzone said:

Pretty positive we would all see more than a minimal fine, community service and a few hours of anger management training if we engaged in the same activity in response to a valid, if unpleasant, question at work.

Montana politics is going to start looking like Arizona politics if they don't watch out. ;)

Doubt it. Throwing someone down, causing him to break his glasses and bump his elbow, is not exactly a big deal, unless you're a politician or something similar.

PlayerRep said:
MT Jack said:
nzone said:

Doubt it. Throwing someone down, causing him to break his glasses and bump his elbow, is not exactly a big deal, unless you're a politician or something similar.

My daughter had a similar incident last year. Scuffle with bar crew after they tried to confiscate her fake ID (stupid kids). She actually ended up with less of a sentence than Gianforte.

grizatwork said:
PlayerRep said:
MT Jack said:
nzone said:

My daughter had a similar incident last year. Scuffle with bar crew after they tried to confiscate her fake ID (stupid kids). She actually ended up with less of a sentence than Gianforte.

I used to have a Canadian fake ID, it was flawless. If they tried to scan it at the liquor store you'd tell them it was a foreign ID and they'd buy it everytime. Some advice to share with your daughter for next time.

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." -- Winston Churchill. Reflecting on the number of times that various "obsessively regular" posters have been wrong on the strong points that they were loudly and commonly willing to "bet paycheck to paycheck" regarding any "bar fight" is worth the wait for the final story.

Who can forget Joseph Baken, the 22 year old gay collegian who accused Mo Club of being complicit of beating him up one night "because he was gay," and the volume of righteous indignation from family and advocates about the anti-gay culture at the Mo Club?

It got national publicity, fed by the indignant posturing of the young man's aggrieved family about how this was "proof" that gay men are not safe in Missoula, and HERE WAS PROOF!"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/07/missoula-montana-gay-man-attack-_n_1751598.html

Joseph Baken’s Somersault Assault

Missoula, MT, August 9, 2012 – Joseph Bakken went out to the Missoula Club on a Saturday night to celebrate his 22nd birthday. While there, he announced that he was gay and asked for directions to a gay bar. Three hours later, he was on the phone with the police at 4:30 a.m. He claimed that a man lured him outside with a smoke, where three men jumped him and beat him up while calling him a “fa__ot.”

Bakken’s face was badly beaten. Pictures of his face appeared on Wipe Out Homophobia’s Facebook page and gay outrage erupted all over the web. Bakken’s beaten face generated half of a million likes.
http://acutemania.net/anti-gay-hate-scams-hoaxes-and-fabrications-part-2/

It took a few months for vindication. The young man lied, all the way.

http://missoulian.com/news/local/gay-man-pleads-guilty-to-false-report-of-attack-in/article_a76af374-e0cb-11e1-9927-001a4bcf887a.html

It had been a lie; designed to ruthlessly exploit fears of homophobia; a cynical lie designed to use the power of the government to create, rather than cure, instinctive hatred and contempt. It was the power of the mob.

The facts will come in, in good time.

grizatwork said:
PlayerRep said:
MT Jack said:
nzone said:

Would've been cool to see your daughter body slam a bar crew, though.

Maybe Growler was in town....stopped at the bar and forgot he wasn't typing on his computer.... :coffee:

...the biggest crime that jumps out at the mo...
...deplorable restrooms..peeling lead paint over the grill...
...no deferred maintenance for 50 years..health inspectors dream...

... :shock: ...

Gaeilge1 said:
Battery, no matter the circumstance, is (or certainly should) always be a big deal!

Its not a big deal if they are from Anaconda and know the brother of a Griz player. Based on those two things the guy HAS to be innocent!

Gaeilge1 said:
Battery, no matter the circumstance, is (or certainly should) always be a big deal!
Based on second hand sources, it's the use of the word "always" that is the "problem" in a "criminal justice system."

DuCharme said:
grizatwork said:
PlayerRep said:
MT Jack said:

Wasn't that glamorous. She had her cousins ID, and she didn't want them to get her cousin in trouble, so she asked them to give her the ID and she would leave. My daughter is 5'1" and 115 pounds. 2 lets say bigger girls grabbed her and threw her on the ground to hold her as she reached for the ID. She scratched and clawed her way out, grabbed the ID, and ran. Problem was she left her purse and they caught up with her next day. She pleaded down to misdemeanor assault because of scratch marks. 300 and some dollars and behave for 6 months and it got deferred. She can never go to that place again either. No body slamming. Just don't hold her down.

grizatwork said:
DuCharme said:
grizatwork said:
PlayerRep said:

Wasn't that glamorous. She had her cousins ID, and she didn't want them to get her cousin in trouble, so she asked them to give her the ID and she would leave. My daughter is 5'1" and 115 pounds. 2 lets say bigger girls grabbed her and threw her on the ground to hold her as she reached for the ID. She scratched and clawed her way out, grabbed the ID, and ran. Problem was she left her purse and they caught up with her next day. She pleaded down to misdemeanor assault because of scratch marks. 300 and some dollars and behave for 6 months and it got deferred. She can never go to that place again either. No body slamming. Just don't hold her down.

Based on those facts, my view is that the bar people were dicks for going to the cops. Sure, they can kick her out for life. And she and her friends and family can avoid the bar. But going to the cops and getting her charged for that?

As for the reporter in the GG matter, doesn't surprise me that someone like him would go to the cops and do what he did. People like that are just not my kind of people. GG made a mistake, and not defending him, and he seems to have stepped up to make things right.

But really? Reporter gets knocked or wrestled down. Glasses broken and elbow bumped. His first complaint was that his glasses were broken, not any injury. Then, he says he's been "body-slammed". Ha, that's pretty funny. He obviously knows his phone recorder is still on. He's gets up saying he will call cops and wants ambulance. He's doesn't say he was grabbed by the neck or punched. The Fox reporter admits the next day that she doesn't know if GG ever touch or grabbed the guy's neck. In an interview the next day, the guy says he doesn't know if he was punched. He walks out showing no signs of injury. He starts tweeting as he leaves campaign headquarters. He continues tweeting from the ambulance, as well as uploading the audio to his publication. Gets checked out, has an x-ray on his elbow, and then is at the sheriff's dept within an hour or hour and a half. The guy can do what he wants to do, and ya that's misdemeanor assault, but I would never report something like that involving me or my family. What a wimp. Contrast this to the Tru/? incident, where the kid was a stand-up guy, who presumably knew he was partially at fault, and didn't go to the cops. I have respect for that kid.

As for the recent Mo Club incident, it will be interesting to see what the other side of the story is. It is remarkably similar to prior Mo Club made-up incident. I really like that bartender. Hopes the facts are not those.

The_Real_Chief said:
Gaeilge1 said:

Its not a big deal if they are from Anaconda and know the brother of a Griz player. Based on those two things the guy HAS to be innocent!

Are you one of those whiny Opheim people who run to the cops when the Res guys come up there?

grizatwork said:
DuCharme said:
grizatwork said:
PlayerRep said:

How about just dont break the law? It is lawful for the establishment to confiscate the fake ID as it is evidence in the commission of a crime.

It's actually private property and only the cops can do that. But If all that happens is the id is confiscated by the bar, who is going to the cops to call more attention to their crime....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back