• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Mens bb

Zirg said:
No way were Criswell and Warhank recruited by Any D-1 schools besides UM and Msu (perhaps). I'm pretty sure Criswell was a walk-on at first. Both earned there place, despite being slow Montana white boys and god-bless them for busting their ass to make themselves competent D-1 players (eventually) but seriously, besides Tinkle, what Montana HS b-baller has really down anything in the last 20 years?
Why is Huestis forgotten by so many? Hell, he's in the NBA

I knew there was another guy I was missing. I stand corrected:Huestis (who averaged 7.5 pts at Stanford) in his 5 NBA games does count.

Do not know how many years Huestis actually lived in Great Falls? I see that he was born in Texas and assume he didn't live most of his youth there.

Zirg said:
I knew there was another guy I was missing. I stand corrected:Huestis (who averaged 7.5 pts at Stanford) in his 5 NBA games does count.

He's played in 47 career NBA games, 40 games this season.

mtgrizrule said:
Zirg said:

His role continues to expand too. Turning into nice role player for Thunder.

Zirg said:
Both National b-ball Hall of Famers that grew up in Montana played their college hoops out of state. I know you'll all get 1 of 2 (very obvious), but I will be shocked if anyone can name the 2nd-nobody knows about this guy's Montana besides me. Wayne Estes was clearly the best player ever from Montana, IMO, but he is not a HOF-er, due to his early untimely death.

I'm kinda surprised Krysko's not a HOF-er :?

Zirg said:
No way were Criswell and Warhank recruited by Any D-1 schools besides UM and Msu (perhaps). I'm pretty sure Criswell was a walk-on at first. Both earned there place, despite being slow Montana white boys and god-bless them for busting their ass to make themselves competent D-1 players (eventually) but seriously, besides Tinkle, what Montana HS b-baller has really down anything in the last 20 years?
Criswell was not a slow Montana white boy. Criswell was not a walk on either.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

casewinter13 said:
Zirg said:

Criswell definitely started his Griz griz career as a walk on.

grizband said:
casewinter13 said:
Zirg said:

Criswell definitely started his Griz griz career as a walk on.

Technically correct, since we'd just handed out our 13th scholarship when we decided we wanted to offer him. Holtz got him on the promise that he'd have his scholarship for his second year.

mtgrizrule said:
Zirg said:

Whoops! I now acknowledge that I was wrong to omit Huestis (and that does make it 2 legit D1 players from Montana in the last 20 years).

Thanks also those who have corroborated that Criswell's was initially a walk-on.

Back