• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

M-E-D-I-O-C-R-E at BEST

GrizRanger said:
ordigger said:
ronangrizfan said:
Impressive, but stitt sugarcoaters will drip and drool fermented "foam at the mouth old yeller style" all over it.

IntuitiveGriz said:
The meek and weak that Montana beat in 2017:

Valpo 6-5
Savannah State 3-8
Portland State 0-11
Idaho State 4-7
North Dakota 3-8
Northern Arizona 7-4
Northern Colorado 3-7

Hard to beat teams that we are not scheduled to play. Stupid argument.

Hey Ordigger, it would have been nice for Griz to beat Eastern, Weber, Cats, who were on our schedule. Griz (under Stitt) are lucky to be 5-3 in conference this year. I believe Griz would have lost to NAU if their QC had not been suspended.

If UM is dumb enough to retain Stitt, they will be lucky to go 5-3 in conference in 2018 (and again miss playoffs and lose to Cats).

Ordigger, most MT Tech grads I have met have been smart. What happened to you?

Dunno, but I've sat in meetings with guys like Ryan Lance, and have been told by others, that I was the smartest guy in the room. I'll take their word over someone that clearly doesn't understand the meaning of the word mediocre, and uses an example that is still above that. lmao

And I'll use Dupuyer's argument against me about wins being wins.....

dupuyer griz said:
...if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we’d all have a merry Christmas. See also, if my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle. .....

Which means we won against NAU, so what you think about the NAU game doesn't really matter. It was a win

ordigger said:
GrizRanger said:
ordigger said:
ronangrizfan said:
Impressive, but stitt sugarcoaters will drip and drool fermented "foam at the mouth old yeller style" all over it.

Hey Ordigger, it would have been nice for Griz to beat Eastern, Weber, Cats, who were on our schedule. Griz (under Stitt) are lucky to be 5-3 in conference this year. I believe Griz would have lost to NAU if their QC had not been suspended.

If UM is dumb enough to retain Stitt, they will be lucky to go 5-3 in conference in 2018 (and again miss playoffs and lose to Cats).

Dunno, but I've sat in meetings with guys like Ryan Lance, and have been told by others, that I was the smartest guy in the room. I'll take their word over someone that clearly doesn't understand the meaning of the word mediocre, and uses an example that is still above that. lmao
Tied with MSU for 6th in the BSC, no better than third rated in FCS, is pretty much M-E-D-I-O-C-R-E at best. It is better than being tied for 8th at 3-5 like we were last year. There's your improvement.

ordigger said:
GrizRanger said:
ordigger said:
ronangrizfan said:

dupuyer griz said:
...if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we’d all have a merry Christmas. See also, if my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle. .....

Which means we won against NAU, so what you think about the NAU game doesn't really matter. It was a win
Damn skippy we won that game. We had more points than they did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dupuyer griz said:
ordigger said:
GrizRanger said:
ordigger said:

dupuyer griz said:

Damn skippy we won that game. We had more points than they did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right, I liked your argument....so I used it. lol

kemajic said:
ordigger said:
GrizRanger said:
ordigger said:

Tied with MSU for 6th in the BSC, no better than third rated in FCS, is pretty much M-E-D-I-O-C-R-E at best. It is better than being tied for 8th at 3-5 like we were last year. There's your improvement.
i
I said nothing about improvement. BY DEFINITION....this was not a mediocre season at 7-4. Doesn't matter if I am satisfied with it (I am not btw), or you like it (which I suspect you may not like the next 2 seasons)..it is simply a fact.

GrizLA said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Montana has slipped into obscurity, not only not making the playoffs, but was not even mentioned on the hour long playoff selection show as a team of possibility. :oops:

MAN TIMES ARE BAD

Lets go GRIZ, you need more better trench players and skill players... you are failing.

JMU would crush you badly.

JMU is going to roll over everyone in the FCS...they would be top 20 FBS. You don't see them much in the West, but they are really good. I believe the toyed with NDSU...

Top 20 FBS for JMU? C'mon. That's just crazy.....

Msu doesn't count so you're 2 for 11. Go lay some flooring. Its the only thing you can lay.

HelenaHandBasket said:
ordigger said:
ronangrizfan said:

IntuitiveGriz said:
The meek and weak that Montana beat in 2017:

Valpo 6-5
Savannah State 3-8
Portland State 0-11
Idaho State 4-7
North Dakota 3-8
Northern Arizona 7-4
Northern Colorado 3-7

You mean like EWU and Weber and MSU?

ronangrizfan said:
Msu doesn't count so you're 2 for 11. Go lay some flooring. Its the only thing you can lay.

HelenaHandBasket said:
ordigger said:
ronangrizfan said:

You mean like EWU and Weber and MSU?

It counts as a team they had scheduled and couldn't beat.

CV Griz Fan said:
GrizLA said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Montana has slipped into obscurity, not only not making the playoffs, but was not even mentioned on the hour long playoff selection show as a team of possibility. :oops:

MAN TIMES ARE BAD

Lets go GRIZ, you need more better trench players and skill players... you are failing.

JMU would crush you badly.

JMU is going to roll over everyone in the FCS...they would be top 20 FBS. You don't see them much in the West, but they are really good. I believe the toyed with NDSU...

Top 20 FBS for JMU? C'mon. That's just crazy.....
if you have seen them more than once you would say the same. They are THAT good. And, it is possible, they move up in a couple of years, but they have Va and VTech keeping that down for now.

kemajic said:
ordigger said:
GrizRanger said:
ordigger said:

Exactly. Maybe what we really need to do is get out of this mediocre conference?

kemajic said:
ordigger said:
GrizRanger said:
ordigger said:

Exactly. Maybe what we really need to do is get out of this mediocre conference?

Back to the thread title:

this is the exact word that came to mind following Saturday's game: we are mediocre.

WHY? Seems we have pretty good talent at most positions. That means only one thing: our talent is not being effectively utilized. In other words, it's gotta be on the coaches.

true evidence of how mediocre um football has become is how accepting this board has become of this loss. I expected a complete and total meltdown over here.

kemajic said:
ordigger said:
GrizRanger said:
ordigger said:

Met preseason expectations by the BSC coaches, so there’s that.

bgbigdog said:
kemajic said:
ordigger said:
GrizRanger said:

Met preseason expectations by the BSC coaches, so there’s that.
They know the Still deal by now.

The.Real.2506 said:
true evidence of how mediocre um football has become is how accepting this board has become of this loss. I expected a complete and total meltdown over here.

It is the new normal. Average teams and average fans...oops, I mean mediocre...

How long until the Griz no longer dominate FCS attendance figures?

Back