• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Looks like we finally got our Cornerback

Bear Axed said:
HookedonGriz said:
Bear Axed said:
The kittens also went through a bunch of FBS dropped DB's with questionable ethics and characteristics where they were asked or forced out at the prior FBS school, Choacke gave them 2nd or 3rd chances and they shit on the school and the kitten team. I'd rather see a kid with proven Success from a JC at this juncture than one carrying Proven Failure in extracurricular behavior from an FBS
Character issues could come in many shapes and sizes regardless of whether someone is FBS or JUCO. We've had plenty of FBS drop downs who were/are outstanding on and off the field
No doubt, but giving 2nd & 3rd chances to proven publicised troublemakers seem to work out less often than not, does the Coach and teams reputation need to take the "risk" on the coaches 1st year back while under the microscope of the "I told you so's"??
So with no information, you are presupposing we are taking on a player in the category of "2nd & 3rd chances to proven publicized troublemakers". Amazing insight.

The clue I will give is the kid has been mentioned on Egriz before. I'm waiting until the player confirms the commitment then I will post, no idea on time frame but I do know the kid visited and is following several other Griz players on social media, it seems pretty much a done deal just waiting.

Bear Axed said:
HookedonGriz said:
mtgrizfankb said:
HookedonGriz said:
Will we be happy about it or more along the likes of a JUCO transfer with potential?

Whats wrong with JUCO? I would love a solid JUCO player at CB. More so than a drop down player who was just a depth filler

At this point I'll happily take anyone we can find because of our thin corner depth. Nothing wrong with JUCO transfers as we've seen some good ones here at corner, but others who really couldn't break the lineup or get much playing time recently. I also think Corner is such a unique and difficult position that a lot of the FBS guys who you call space fillers could come here and do extremely well. The cats got that drop-down corner of few years ago from Colorado St and he shut down that half of the field really well. I'd be happy with a solid JUCO corner but probably more excited with a drop-down FBS corner with lots of potential

The kittens also went through a bunch of FBS dropped DB's with questionable ethics and characteristics where they were asked or forced out at the prior FBS school, Choacke gave them 2nd or 3rd chances and they shit on the school and the kitten team. I'd rather see a kid with proven Success from a JC at this juncture than one carrying Proven Failure in extracurricular behavior from an FBS

A couple of those cat recruits seemed to have gone up in smoke.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
Talked to Nurse Juanita Ramirez RN at Schick Shadel in Seattle tonight. When I asked her if she knew the name of the new cornerback recruit, She said Que Pasa Loco. I searched the internet and I can't find a Hudl or a Rivals video on the kid.

That's peak Ursa, right there! Bravo.

:thumb: Thank you, sir!

It really amazes me how a Bulls%$t thread can be started and already have multiple pages. I think this board is full of gossip spreaders, you know like the neighborhood blabbermouth...

BadlandsGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
Talked to BH tonight at my party. Can't say more.

I talked to him first...he stopped by my party before your party and said, " Dont tell PR...."

Well you just blew coaches trust right there. Unless he winked when he said don’t tell and really wanted you to tell him. That’d be just like Bobby.

reinell30 said:
It really amazes me how a Bulls%$t thread can be started and already have multiple pages. I think this board is full of gossip spreaders, you know like the neighborhood blabbermouth...

Actually, this information is not bullsh$t. He’s making rational inferences from social media essentially saying that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grizfan1984 said:
The clue I will give is the kid has been mentioned on Egriz before. I'm waiting until the player confirms the commitment then I will post, no idea on time frame but I do know the kid visited and is following several other Griz players on social media, it seems pretty much a done deal just waiting.

Finally, KESSMAN!

Ursa Major said:
Talked to Nurse Juanita Ramirez RN at Schick Shadel in Seattle tonight. When I asked her if she knew the name of the new cornerback recruit, She said Que Pasa Loco. I searched the internet and I can't find a Hudl or a Rivals video on the kid.

POTY!

GrizGeneral said:
grizfan1984 said:

Finally, KESSMAN!

Actually laughed out loud.... :thumb:

GrizGeneral said:
grizfan1984 said:

Finally, KESSMAN!

Unfortunately no, his world tour isn’t over yet so it cannot be him.

CDAGRIZ said:
Bear Axed said:
HookedonGriz said:
mtgrizfankb said:
Whats wrong with JUCO? I would love a solid JUCO player at CB. More so than a drop down player who was just a depth filler

At this point I'll happily take anyone we can find because of our thin corner depth. Nothing wrong with JUCO transfers as we've seen some good ones here at corner, but others who really couldn't break the lineup or get much playing time recently. I also think Corner is such a unique and difficult position that a lot of the FBS guys who you call space fillers could come here and do extremely well. The cats got that drop-down corner of few years ago from Colorado St and he shut down that half of the field really well. I'd be happy with a solid JUCO corner but probably more excited with a drop-down FBS corner with lots of potential

Name one, bub.

If you blow like I blow, you won't even high-step to this.
It's the CoachOat era, Xannied out so I Dogg practice.

One of the funniest videos ever posted on this site.

kemajic said:
Bear Axed said:
HookedonGriz said:
Bear Axed said:
Character issues could come in many shapes and sizes regardless of whether someone is FBS or JUCO. We've had plenty of FBS drop downs who were/are outstanding on and off the field
No doubt, but giving 2nd & 3rd chances to proven publicised troublemakers seem to work out less often than not, does the Coach and teams reputation need to take the "risk" on the coaches 1st year back while under the microscope of the "I told you so's"??
So with no information, you are presupposing we are taking on a player in the category of "2nd & 3rd chances to proven publicized troublemakers". Amazing insight.

I seems like thats not something we would do with the Big Skys new rule on kids that have been in trouble that was just passed.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
Bear Axed said:
HookedonGriz said:

I seems like thats not something we would do with the Big Skys new rule on kids that have been in trouble that was just passed.

Not only that, but for Coach BH to take a risk on a kid like that, when he and the program are under such a microscope, would be not on the smart list.

Back