• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Let’s settle this right now

Will the Griz make the playoffs at 8-3?

• Yes

Votes: 106 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 17 12.8%
  • FTC

Votes: 75 56.4%

• Total voters
Da Boyz Mom said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Haley seems to think that the Griz are behind EWU even and need a lot of help even with a victory over MSU.

I haven't given a lot of credence to his prognostications in the past but his playoff projection this year, at least as far as the Big Sky is concerned, seems to defy all logic. He is projecting SUU as the conference champ/auto bid and the two other teams in as NAU and Weber State. Weber State is a probably a lock even with a loss this weekend which is unlikely. SUU as the auto bid makes sense with a win over NAU this Saturday (At least I think it makes sense with the stupid off balance scheduling.)

However, I take issue with his reasoning on the third team in. If Southern Utah wins this weekend, NAU finishes at 7-4 yet makes the playoff field ahead of both UM and EWU? Obviously, if we lose to the Cats we are out and this conversation is moot. If we win, though, I fail to see how a 7-4 NAU deserves a spot over us when we we have a better record and the head-to-head win against them.

All this to say that Craig Haley is obviously a blooming idiot and since he is picking against us we are definitely in like Flynn with a win over state.

It may seem odd, but I don't think Haley assumes outcome of games not played yet. His projections are based on current records/outcomes. This is why NAU is in and SUU is the auto-bid. Those will change.

RobGriz said:
Hammer said:
His uncle Tom says otherwise.

Nailed that.

See what I did there?

LOL
Told you guys he has been lurking ( he is a creepy fucker especially when he wears his unabomber glasses to hide his beet ing little eyes ) jk lol

HelenaHandBasket said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Haley seems to think that the Griz are behind EWU even and need a lot of help even with a victory over MSU.

I haven't given a lot of credence to his prognostications in the past but his playoff projection this year, at least as far as the Big Sky is concerned, seems to defy all logic. He is projecting SUU as the conference champ/auto bid and the two other teams in as NAU and Weber State. Weber State is a probably a lock even with a loss this weekend which is unlikely. SUU as the auto bid makes sense with a win over NAU this Saturday (At least I think it makes sense with the stupid off balance scheduling.)

However, I take issue with his reasoning on the third team in. If Southern Utah wins this weekend, NAU finishes at 7-4 yet makes the playoff field ahead of both UM and EWU? Obviously, if we lose to the Cats we are out and this conversation is moot. If we win, though, I fail to see how a 7-4 NAU deserves a spot over us when we we have a better record and the head-to-head win against them.

All this to say that Craig Haley is obviously a blooming idiot and since he is picking against us we are definitely in like Flynn with a win over state.

It may seem odd, but I don't think Haley assumes outcome of games not played yet. His projections are based on current records/outcomes. This is why NAU is in and SUU is the auto-bid. Those will change.

Well then, that explains it... Although the whole point of projections is to make assumptions based on possible outcomes. He really should title it "If the playoff selection was today" instead of a playoff projection. But what do I know.

TCCGRIZ said:
RobGriz said:
Hammer said:

Nailed that.

See what I did there?

LOL
Told you guys he has been lurking ( he is a creepy f***[*] especially when he wears his unabomber glasses to hide his beet ing little eyes ) jk lol
I think I just saw Hammer in up town Butte. I couldn’t see the plates but the car had Griz flags and those commercial-like magnetic advertisement things that stick to the side of the door which said “FTC” in big letters.
Also looked like the Griz will be eating lunch at Metals, which kind of blows my mind because that place is owned by huge Cat People. Food poisoning!
One last Butte thing. They canceled the annual pep rally here last night, but the cats had theirs. We’ve been going for years and I’m not happy about it. If we lose, I’m blaming Stitt for breaking too many traditions. ;)

garizzalies said:
TCCGRIZ said:
RobGriz said:
Hammer said:

Nailed that.

See what I did there?

LOL
Told you guys he has been lurking ( he is a creepy f***[*] especially when he wears his unabomber glasses to hide his beet ing little eyes ) jk lol
I think I just saw Hammer in up town Butte. I couldn’t see the plates but the car had Griz flags and those commercial-like magnetic advertisement things that stick to the side of the door which said “FTC” in big letters.
Also looked like the Griz will be eating lunch at Metals, which kind of blows my mind because that place is owned by huge Cat People. Food poisoning!
One last Butte thing. They canceled the annual pep rally here last night, but the cats had theirs. We’ve been going for years and I’m not happy about it. If we lose, I’m blaming Stitt for breaking too many traditions. ;)

You are correct that was Hammer . Has the fight song blaring also
Another reason to get rid of shit "you don't fuck with tradition"

Back