• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lady Griz losing 3 players...

grizd said:
TrueGriz said:
go96griz said:
Mslacat said:
Jamie Pickens has already signed with the Griz, so you have her. That said, as we have noted players are transferring like crazy now-a-days.

BTW speaking of transfers. There is a highly coveted Pac-12 guard transfer that both the Griz and Bobcats (not to mentions U of Seattle and NAU )are after. She has already visited Bozeman, but I do not know if she has visited Missoula yet. The Griz got on a little late, but are very much in the mix. Both the Griz and Bobcats (and I assume Seattle) recruited her out of high school but her senior year her recruiting really took off. I have heard she has the option of returning to her current school. I have been expecting some type of an announcement the past week, but nothing. I would guess no announcement could mean she is returning to her current school. Oh she has 3 years eligibility plus a redshirt.

Thought Pickens was a 2019 verbal??
Pickens was a junior this year and she just gave a verbal commitment to the lady griz. Holborn will certainly be a good player for the cats, but the lady griz need size and Pickens should be a good player. Pickens had a higher scoring average than Holborn and averaged over 8 rebounds. Both of those stats may be better than the sentinel players coming to the lady griz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right, so has she signed a LOI or just just verbally stated it was her intention to next fall. I thought the latter which would make her very much in play for the cats or others.

Don't think you can sign a letter of intent until a player is a senior which will be next year for Pickens. It is just a verbal commitment. There are only 4 high school Students that actually have signed a LOI - Schewen, Frohlich, Gfeller, and Mayhue.

Boy for the second time today I have egg on my face!! I could have sworn she signed las fall. Sorry about that! Well I guess you do have something to worry about! :shock: Maybe we do have a chance! :twisted:

OK now put the guns down it was just a joke!!! Boy it hard to give someone a hard time in an NRA state!

Since Pickens is a junior she can’t sign a letter of intent. She can give a verbal but it is not binding. She is free to change her mind at any time until signing the LOI.

WyomingGrizFan said:
'68griz said:
I have heard not very complimentary things about Shannon. I don't really want to believe them but ....

I found it strange that whenever Shannon was talking to someone, that is, when on the bench, that she'd cover her mouth and speak in the aside, so to speak. I didn't know the other teams were reading lips out there!!! Makes me uncomfortable.

This should be a big hint as to what he concerns with Shannon are.

maroonandsilver said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
'68griz said:
I have heard not very complimentary things about Shannon. I don't really want to believe them but ....

I found it strange that whenever Shannon was talking to someone, that is, when on the bench, that she'd cover her mouth and speak in the aside, so to speak. I didn't know the other teams were reading lips out there!!! Makes me uncomfortable.

Yeah, right.

maroonandsilver said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
'68griz said:

She swears a lot at the players? Well ain't that a motherfu#$er! Shit my bad, guess I do too.

HookedonGriz said:
maroonandsilver said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
'68griz said:

She swears a lot at the players? Well ain't that a motherfu#$er! Shit my bad, guess I do too.

Don't get it, do you? Think channeling Blaine Taylor.

maroonandsilver said:
HookedonGriz said:
maroonandsilver said:
WyomingGrizFan said:

Don't get it, do you? Think channeling Blaine Taylor.

Aaaah now I'm picking up what you're laying down. Cheers to that.....errrr....never mind.

Back