• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kupp takes little time to get noticed.

FormerEag said:
garizzalies said:
So....it is a pretty good indicator

Sure, if you ignore those arbitrary win-loss records.

If you're on our board, in a thread that is quite complimentary to one of your former players, and getting your panties in a twist, you're doing it wrong

FormerEag said:
AZGrizFan said:
GoldenEagle said:
AZGrizFan said:
Yes...yes they are. Best FCS receiver ever and yet they keep insisting "the backups are better"...where have we heard that before? :lol:

Seems like a lot of wishful thinking on egriz these days.

Did you watch your scrimmage, bro? How's that QB gonna look on his ass all day without that starting right tackle?

Thinking the first off-season scrimmage is indicative of the season-long success of a team is about as logical as using stadium size and forum membership as a gauge of the success of a team...

New HC with ZERO HC experience
Almost an entirely new coaching staff
Already on his 2nd OC
Attempting to install a new offensive system
Top 3 receivers ALL gone
Starting left tackle departs the team unexpectedly a week into fall camp

And yet, to listen to you, it's "no problemo, everything is hunky dory, saul goodman".

This is who you remind me of:

th

FormerEag said:
AZGrizFan said:
GoldenEagle said:
AZGrizFan said:
Yes...yes they are. Best FCS receiver ever and yet they keep insisting "the backups are better"...where have we heard that before? :lol:

Did you watch your scrimmage, bro? How's that QB gonna look on his ass all day without that starting right tackle?

Thinking the first off-season scrimmage is indicative of the season-long success of a team is about as logical as using stadium size and forum membership as a gauge of the success of a team...

Or as logical as egrizzers thinking there is a positive correlation between body weight and IQ.

AZGrizFan said:
FormerEag said:
AZGrizFan said:
GoldenEagle said:

Already on his 2nd OC
Top 3 receivers ALL gone

And yet, to listen to you, it's "no problemo, everything is hunky dory, saul goodman".

th

Yeah except that's not at all what I said. Those are perfectly good reason to think they will take a step back. Reading into a second hand account of the offensive production in the first preseason scrimmage is not.

Brock Landers said:
FormerEag said:
garizzalies said:

If you're on our board, in a thread that is quite complimentary to one of your former players, and getting your panties in a twist, you're doing it wrong

Here come the "this is OUR board" histrionics...

I'm not going to sniff egrizzzer's thrones for acknowledging that arguably the best receiver in FCS history is, in fact, good at football.

FormerEag said:
AZGrizFan said:
FormerEag said:
AZGrizFan said:

Already on his 2nd OC
Top 3 receivers ALL gone

th

Yeah except that's not at all what I said. Those are perfectly good reason to think they will take a step back. Reading into a second hand account of the offensive production in the first preseason scrimmage is not.

I never played the game beyond high school but I was fortunate enough to be forced to coach on some great high school staffs in Georgia. All I know is your school has an unfair advantage within our conference very similar to what Boise State had before they left. You get a lot of kids who were just like Kupp coming out of high school. Overlooked by your flagship schools and have a great football presence. You will be fine, UM will be fine and this conference will eventually get back to what it once was instead of the pitiful playoff records from the last four or five years. Just don't start letting facts and data get in the way of a good argument. Analytics is destroying some decent coaches and fan board useless trivia geniuses. But, make sure you hang your identity on the performance of a group of 17 to 23 year old kids. It'll make you feel much better about yourself in a game of useless triva...just sayin...

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
FormerEag said:
AZGrizFan said:
FormerEag said:

Already on his 2nd OC
Top 3 receivers ALL gone

th

Analytics is destroying some decent coaches and fan board useless trivia geniuses.
We like to call them anal idiots here on eGriz. See also, Player Rep.

Ursa Major said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
FormerEag said:
AZGrizFan said:
Already on his 2nd OC
Top 3 receivers ALL gone

th

Analytics is destroying some decent coaches and fan board useless trivia geniuses.
We like to call them anal idiots here on eGriz. See also, Player Rep.

Oh man! I'm new here and I don't really want to get involved in the personality dynamics of all you old posters and your varying opinions. Suffice it to say I enjoy football and the first football game my youngest son ever saw was the game Louis Ivory was not playing for Furman and he got a lot of popcorn from T.J. Oelker's mom while I talked the military with his father. It was a cold, miserable night in Choo Choo that night. Soooo, I'm not going to get into your internal "stuff" unless...

FormerEag said:
Brock Landers said:
FormerEag said:
garizzalies said:

I'm not going to sniff egrizzzer's thrones for acknowledging that arguably the best receiver in FCS history is, in fact, good at football.

Oh is that what the alternative s? :lol:

Good luck with your mission here, whatever it may be :?

FormerEag said:

"Cooper Kupp is good at football." I'm guessing, but I don't know for sure, that this is something you might read on the EWU message board. Wait, does EWU have a message board?

AZGrizFan said:
FormerEag said:
AZGrizFan said:
GoldenEagle said:

Already on his 2nd OC
Top 3 receivers ALL gone

th

You think eastern is installing a new offense because they experimented with more runs in situational scrimmage? You just think Best (one of baldwins best friends) doesn't have a clue how to call a game like Baldwin when he's worked with him every year?

You really think eastern is going to struggle on the o line when they return 4 starters from last years team who was pretty damn good?

Has eastern EVER had a problem replacing receivers? You think all the great recruits just up and left the program with the coaches?

Eastern had a new OC last year too, worked out pretty damn well...

Easy to see why we can think things will be just fine...

Kupp was a special receiver and he won a lot of games, almost singlehandedly, for EWU. He's gone, as are couple other terrific ones.

Coaching changeovers involving multiple assistant coaches can be disruptive. I don't know how many of the old assistants remain.

Changing offensive and defensive systems is not easy. I don't know what is happening to the old system.

I can't imagine that EWU will be close to being as good as it was last year.

marceagfan5 said:
AZGrizFan said:
FormerEag said:
AZGrizFan said:

Already on his 2nd OC
Top 3 receivers ALL gone

th

You think eastern is installing a new offense because they experimented with more runs in situational scrimmage? You just think Best (one of baldwins best friends) doesn't have a clue how to call a game like Baldwin when he's worked with him every year?

You really think eastern is going to struggle on the o line when they return 4 starters from last years team who was pretty damn good?

Has eastern EVER had a problem replacing receivers? You think all the great recruits just up and left the program with the coaches?

Marc, you can't expect most egrizzers to understand this. Three years ago they thought the fly sweep was going to revolutionize the game.

GoldenEagle said:
marceagfan5 said:
AZGrizFan said:
FormerEag said:

Already on his 2nd OC
Top 3 receivers ALL gone

th

Marc, you can't expect most egrizzers to understand this. Three years ago they thought the fly sweep was going to revolutionize the game.

What Fly Sweep?

Mousegriz said:
GoldenEagle said:
marceagfan5 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Already on his 2nd OC
Top 3 receivers ALL gone

th

What Fly Sweep?

The fly sweep that egrizzers have referenced 1,178 times in this forum.

GoldenEagle said:
Mousegriz said:
GoldenEagle said:
marceagfan5 said:

What Fly Sweep?

The fly sweep that egrizzers have referenced 1,178 times in this forum.

Griz sure seem to never run the play though. JLM on the fly sweep a little more this year!!

marceagfan5 said:
AZGrizFan said:
FormerEag said:
AZGrizFan said:

Already on his 2nd OC
Top 3 receivers ALL gone

th

OK, Baghdad Bob....

Back