• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kale Edwards in the Portal

😂 No. If you're a good D-lineman you'll get stats, no matter if you're on a losing team or not. FCS is a lot weaker competition. Just because you have good stats against weaker comp, doesn't make you good. You can play 100 games against weak competition and it's not going to help your stock. You play against good to great competition and rack up stats(even if your team sucks) you will have a much better chance at getting drafted. FCS is viewed as garbage to any FBS team. That's reality.
Well I guess we'll have to agree to disagree... NMST schedule outside of TX A&M isn't really going to get much attention. My opinion still stands ... the Griz, if in the playoff, will face just as good or better completion as proved out last year especially if they make it to the later rounds. Regardless, not going to lose any sleep over it and congratulate him on his recent graduation and wish him success. Appreciate what he did last year in Missoula and just wish he would have stayed for no other reason than I liked how he played... Looking forward to supporting his replacement!

3rd knows the difference. 3rd Googled it to show how it is referred to as a form of the nickel defense, so that supporters of using it as a base defense will see what a ridiculous concept that is, and why no NC contender would ever employ it.
Again, we employ it and we are NC contender, so your football post is wrong. So without a solid o-line and with a junk defense that nobody else who is any good uses, we are Number 2 in the country. Is it safe to assume that you believe we are within a couple tweaks of winning the whole thing then?

Again, we employ it and we are NC contender, so your football post is wrong. So without a solid o-line and with a junk defense that nobody else who is any good uses, we are Number 2 in the country. Is it safe to assume that you believe we are within a couple tweaks of winning the whole thing then?
Go back to sleep

You nailed it, except we have a mediocre coach too. 3d continues to make a fool of himself.

It’s a 3-3-5 rather than a 4-3-4, 4-2-5, or 3-4-4. I think even you can figure out that the only one with more linebackers is a 3-4, and that would be a disaster at this level.

3-3-5 makes a lot of sense with spread offenses. Secondly, we’re talking base defense, and under Bradford, UM didn’t always play base defense like they did under Baer.
I'm sure Bradford will convince the Miami Dolphins to adopt the 3-3-5 as their new base defense.

Go back to sleep
Do you think this is a fooball answer? I'm trying to understand your position. You have said we were successful despite our o-line. You said we got where we got because of a solid defense, special teams returns, and QB play. Now you are saying that our defense is a strength but the base formation is garbage? You obviously know more about football than I do, but it seems unlikely that a team could be so successful with a fundamentally flawed scheme.

You have said that having a better offensive line has nothing to do with winning the NC, but do you think base defensive packages have anything to do with winning the NC?

A DE shaded inside of the OT is not considered to be a traditional pass rushing spot. 4i is considered to be interior. Most DE’s are pass rushing from 5, 7, 6, or 9 positions.
My disagreement was with "usually". My understanding is that the Griz DE is not "usually" in this position. That's the only disagreement. Not in situations with TE's in the picture. Not in some of the many variations of the Griz 3-3-5 D, or Griz D. Thanks for your info.

Do you think this is a fooball answer? I'm trying to understand your position. You have said we were successful despite our o-line. You said we got where we got because of a solid defense, special teams returns, and QB play. Now you are saying that our defense is a strength but the base formation is garbage? You obviously know more about football than I do, but it seems unlikely that a team could be so successful with a fundamentally flawed scheme.

You have said that having a better offensive line has nothing to do with winning the NC, but do you think base defensive packages have anything to do with winning the NC?
And the coach is mediocre.

My disagreement was with "usually". My understanding is that the Griz DE is not "usually" in this position. That's the only disagreement. Not in situations with TE's in the picture. Not in some of the many variations of the Griz 3-3-5 D, or Griz D. Thanks for your info.
You offer a lot of words, but very little specifics for one who knows the game so well.

You offer a lot of words, but very little specifics for one who knows the game so well.
My info comes from players and coaches. I inquired after I asked my initial question. How about yours? What's your knowledge or source? You like to supply incorrect and incomplete info, and some good info.

My info comes from players and coaches. I inquired after I asked my initial question. How about yours? What's your knowledge or source? You like to supply incorrect and incomplete info, and some good info.
Lol my info? I uh
watch the team play? Edwards wasn’t playing from a 9 technique man. I’m not saying it never happened, but it didn’t happen much. If somebody says otherwise, they’re wrong.

Which teams won a championship at this level running a 3-4?
This is hilarious. You specifically ask him about “this level” and he proceeds to regurgitate crap from google regarding the NFL.
Shows he knows nothing about The Griz and his FB “knowledge” is limited to a google search.
Also, he has no connections to the program whatsoever and doesn’t even go to the games. Mr Hoops has more insider info in his pinkie toe

This is hilarious. You specifically ask him about “this level” and he proceeds to regurgitate crap from google regarding the NFL.
Shows he knows nothing about The Griz and his FB “knowledge” is limited to a google search.
Also, he has no connections to the program whatsoever and doesn’t even go to the games. Mr Hoops has more insider info in his pinkie toe
What would he even do if he went to games? Boo the Griz? Yell mean things at Bobby Hauck as if he could hear him?

I've genuinely never seen that dude happier than when he came here to gloat after the NAU loss last year. I would honestly be fascinated to see him in a social setting at a Griz tailgate. "Hey, guys, fuck the coaches, am I right? Lets hope we lose so they run the Haucks off! High fives?! Anybody?"

Lol my info? I uh
watch the team play? Edwards wasn’t playing from a 9 technique man. I’m not saying it never happened, but it didn’t happen much. If somebody says otherwise, they’re wrong.
You either need to open your eyes or talk to some D players/coaches. He wasn't "usually" lined up where you said he was.

I attend every home game from the opening game through September. I watch from the Sky Box 128, with several ex-Griz football players and their parents. You know, the same sky box that Hoops was asked to leave by his co-renters, because he abused having everyone who would talk to him visit the box. They still laugh about him there.

I know more Ex-Griz players and coaches than you will ever know, Skippy. I envy all of the people who never met you.

What would he even do if he went to games? Boo the Griz? Yell mean things at Bobby Hauck as if he could hear him?

I've genuinely never seen that dude happier than when he came here to gloat after the NAU loss last year. I would honestly be fascinated to see him in a social setting at a Griz tailgate. "Hey, guys, fuck the coaches, am I right? Lets hope we lose so they run the Haucks off! High fives?! Anybody?"
Almost every one of my tailgate buddies dislikes Hauck's coaching. If you think that you egriz sugar-coaters are a reflection of Griz Nation regarding Hauck, you are smoking crack. Here's a news flash for you......... being a fan of big-game Bobby Hauck is NOT a criteria to being a Griz fan

WTF does the level have to do with anything? Is football played differently in FCS than at any other level? Do defenders just pull flags to tackle somebody in FCS? Your desperate post just shows how much I own your sorry arse.

Back