• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jace Lewis

George Ferguson said:
stonecrest said:
HookedonGriz said:
brewskis said:
I'd say starting OLB would be fitting.

I agree. I must admit however I don't have confidence in the coaching staff to make the right call. We watched a pretty useless Yamen Sanders make mistake after mistake last year and play all the time in front of a very good Josh Sandry. That poor decision-making alone makes me nervous when it comes to playing or not playing a younger Jace

I'm very glad to see Sandry stayed at U of M. I was worried he might bail- hard to watch
from the sidelines when you clearly should be starting. Need the best players out on
the field.

I can assure you it never crossed his mind (bailing). It amazes me how often fans don't give this kids credit for being TEAM PLAYERS. If every kid who felt he should start over another guy left a college football team, no team would have enough players to even field a team. Sandry did what good football players do last year, he did his job when called upon, he worked hard, wasn't disgruntled one bit and was a team player. And if you ask him, he'll tell you Yamen Sanders was defintiely a veteran mentor to him. IN fact, I'm about 100 percent sure there is an interview with him where he mentions that very fact.

Sorry George, your facts don't seem to fit the narrative.

George Ferguson said:
stonecrest said:
HookedonGriz said:
brewskis said:

I agree. I must admit however I don't have confidence in the coaching staff to make the right call. We watched a pretty useless Yamen Sanders make mistake after mistake last year and play all the time in front of a very good Josh Sandry. That poor decision-making alone makes me nervous when it comes to playing or not playing a younger Jace

I'm very glad to see Sandry stayed at U of M. I was worried he might bail- hard to watch
from the sidelines when you clearly should be starting. Need the best players out on
the field.

I can assure you it never crossed his mind (bailing). It amazes me how often fans don't give this kids credit for being TEAM PLAYERS. If every kid who felt he should start over another guy left a college football team, no team would have enough players to even field a team. Sandry did what good football players do last year, he did his job when called upon, he worked hard, wasn't disgruntled one bit and was a team player. And if you ask him, he'll tell you Yamen Sanders was defintiely a veteran mentor to him. IN fact, I'm about 100 percent sure there is an interview with him where he mentions that very fact.

George, thanks for your insights. I always appreciate them as I know you have good connections. Can you share your thoughts on Yamen playing ahead of Sandry last year. That was a huge head scratcher for me. Yes Yamen seemed to have every measurement and athleticism you'd want to see in an NFL prospect. However, I'm no expert, but I coup see clearly it didn't translate on the field. I was wondering all year if he was hurt or what. He looked lost at times. Now I have a huge concern that if I as a pedestrian fan (see what I did there) can recognize that how do our coaches leave a liability out there when a very capable back up was chomping at the bit. That move alone scares the hell out of me with this staff.

HookedonGriz said:
George Ferguson said:
stonecrest said:
HookedonGriz said:

the field.

George, thanks for your insights. I always appreciate them as I know you have good connections. Can you share your thoughts on Yamen playing ahead of Sandry last year. That was a huge head scratcher for me. Yes Yamen seemed to have every measurement and athleticism you'd want to see in an NFL prospect. However, I'm no expert, but I coup see clearly it didn't translate on the field. I was wondering all year if he was hurt or what. He looked lost at times. Now I have a huge concern that if I as a pedestrian fan (see what I did there) can recognize that how do our coaches leave a liability out there when a very capable back up was chomping at the bit. That move alone scares the hell out of me with this staff.

My opinion is you should be thankful Yamen played. That way you guys are not all down on Sandry for getting burned. It was Semore putting all his eggs in one basket. Man coverage with max pressure. Works great until offense does max protect. Any receiver on college scholarship can get open against anyone if the offensive line adds a tight end and running back to pass protection and puts 3 guys out in the pattern.

granitegriz said:
You are making me as skiddish as the egrizzers BW describes in the opening paragraph of his last 3-6 years of spring wrap up threads, all the schollies should be used for offensive linemen. :shock:

already a lot of scholarship money on oline and despite 4 seniors projected starting it is still mediocre at best....not sure additional would work anyway considering how well this staff has done bringing in instant help or development of current personnel.

I can't say what all went into Yamen getting his starting job back after he returned from his early-season injury other than experience vs youth. I know both Shann and Semore thought extremely highly of Sanders (That doesn't mean they didn't think highly of Josh Sandry). But, what all the factors that went into their decision were, only they can answer that. For those of you lumping Stitt into that decision, you are completely off base. That decision was SOLELY a Shann/Semore decision. That I do know for a fact. And, yes, Sanders was hurt, not injured, for much of the season. You know the old saying "if you're hurt you can play, if you're injured you can't." Sanders was hurt but not enough to not play, after the first two games. So again, there's two facts I do know for sure, 1. Shann/Semore decided to keep Yamen the starter, and 2. Sandry was an awesome backup, a true team player, was never disgruntled, and worked his ass off. He LOVES BEING A GRIZ and he loved it last year. That I know for sure.

grizindabox said:
griz5700 said:
He looked so great against Stitt's unstoppable offense, I'd give him 3 scholarships. Just because.

...but that would....waste 2 schollies.....for receivers.....

and would leave us with only about 30 left....... :mrgreen:

stonecrest said:
HookedonGriz said:
brewskis said:
HookedonGriz said:
I cannot agree more that's his third straight scrimmage where he's absolutely a standout. This kid is a football player and is always around the ball and doing good things. This coaching staff has to find a way to get him on the field.

the field.
Josh never considered leaving; he's dedicated to the program. He knows he made some frosh mistakes last year that probably cost him more playing time.

kemajic said:
stonecrest said:
HookedonGriz said:
brewskis said:

the field.
Josh never considered leaving; he's dedicated to the program. He knows he made some frosh mistakes last year that probably cost him more playing time.
And he's gonna be a monster in the Big Sky for the next 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back