• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ideal Big Sky Conference

cmtgrizzly said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Knowing for a fact the Dakota schools are never going to abandon their Summit and Missouri Valley affiliations, I'd really like to see our two schools, the Idaho schools, Weber, EWU, perhaps Central Washington with the understanding they upgrade their venues and merge with the West Coast Conference for all nonrevenue sports.

I personally would appreciate seeing baseball, rowing and crew, soccer, wrestling, and a number of other sports such as lacrosse added to the opportunities for the college kids. Hell, we could even have skiing, rifle teams, bring back handball...

I like your teams as long as CW can be truly competitive. In general I am kind of a Pacific NW oriented person and though I have nothing against the Dakotas I would rather travel West for games. Does Oregon have a team that has FCS potential?

Actually, I'm not seriously thinking about small college football. It would be nice to see what kind of athletes we could get here and in Bozeman were there to be twenty more kids playing football and all the other nonrevenue sports. I don't know if Oregon cares about any schools other than phil knight college and Oregon State.

As a pipe dream and in actuality could you envision the Washington Group building more here in Missoula and dragging both MSU and EWU up facility wise? Principles of leadership apply in that the followers need a foe, real or imagined. UM gets another long and storied rival member back in Idaho next year.

Boise hit the perfect storm and both Missoula and Bozeman are on the cusp of becoming much larger destination locations and Spokane really is in a football vacumn that Cheney and Ellensburg could fill with decent facilities. Anyway, the next twenty years will be interesting to watch.

And lets get real again. Who the hell wants to go watch Northern Colorado, Southern Utah, Sacramento State, Cal Poly, Davis and even Portland State? I like going to games in Portland but that's because there's nice places to go there.

ORGUNGRIZ said:
My choices based on IF the G5 decide to use a playoff system and TV providers decided that they are going to pay millions of dollars for TV contracts with more and more people watching online. Colleges then decide to be more regionalized.

BSC West Division
Montana
Montana State
Boise State
University of Idaho
Idaho State
Eastern Washington

BSC East Division
North Dakota State University
University of North Dakota
South Dakota State University
University of South Dakota
Wyoming
Colorado State

gag. less regional for wyo giving up airforce, new mexico, and utah state

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
cmtgrizzly said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Knowing for a fact the Dakota schools are never going to abandon their Summit and Missouri Valley affiliations, I'd really like to see our two schools, the Idaho schools, Weber, EWU, perhaps Central Washington with the understanding they upgrade their venues and merge with the West Coast Conference for all nonrevenue sports.

I personally would appreciate seeing baseball, rowing and crew, soccer, wrestling, and a number of other sports such as lacrosse added to the opportunities for the college kids. Hell, we could even have skiing, rifle teams, bring back handball...

I like your teams as long as CW can be truly competitive. In general I am kind of a Pacific NW oriented person and though I have nothing against the Dakotas I would rather travel West for games. Does Oregon have a team that has FCS potential?

Actually, I'm not seriously thinking about small college football. It would be nice to see what kind of athletes we could get here and in Bozeman were there to be twenty more kids playing football and all the other nonrevenue sports. I don't know if Oregon cares about any schools other than phil knight college and Oregon State.

As a pipe dream and in actuality could you envision the Washington Group building more here in Missoula and dragging both MSU and EWU up facility wise? Principles of leadership apply in that the followers need a foe, real or imagined. UM gets another long and storied rival member back in Idaho next year.

Boise hit the perfect storm and both Missoula and Bozeman are on the cusp of becoming much larger destination locations and Spokane really is in a football vacumn that Cheney and Ellensburg could fill with decent facilities. Anyway, the next twenty years will be interesting to watch.

And lets get real again. Who the hell wants to go watch Northern Colorado, Southern Utah, Sacramento State, Cal Poly, Davis and even Portland State? I like going to games in Portland but that's because there's nice places to go there.

Well the band wagoners in Missoula have proven they only want to watch those teams when it’s a guaranteed win... :lol:

Since we are dreaming...
9 Conference games for football
18 Conference games for B Ball
UM
msu
Idaho
Boise
EWU
Utah State
Weber
Nevada
UNLV
Wyoming

I personally prefer a true round robin in college football (basketball would be nice as well) so I would rather see a 9 team conference. An 8 conference and 3 non-confernce game schedule. I loathe the unbalanced schedules in conference play all over the country. The top end teams always get a stacked schedule because those are the games fans want to see. The unbalanced schedule produces unworthy conference champs ala North Dakota a year or 2 ago.

In my perfect world this would be my choice for the big sky conference.

Montana
Montana State
Idaho
Idaho State
Weber State
EWU
Portland State
Sacramento State
UC Davis

I understand the last 3 aren't very attractive but I Think it is of the utmost importance to keep the California schools in the BSC because of the exposure it brings to the most fertile recruiting grounds in the West (California)

Back