• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Haslam will never Hauck

You're a stitt scrotum scratcher to the max aren't you?

Paytonlives said:
Man1 said:
Paytonlives said:
Pease is a fowl mouth jerk... no thanks.
You just don't like guys with balls, Stittboy

Knock it of... Where you here when Pease was? He is a jerk and thats most of the reason he was asked to leave Boise and other places. When I'm 30 rows up and I can hear him screaming that his players are dumb f***[*] and pussies... the whole 2nd half of a game... like I said no thanks.

You think your funny using "Stitt" boy... apparently you cannot read. I wish things were better, but changing the HC right now would most likely be a really bad idea.

It would kill recruiting and you would lose Justin Green, BOTH BAD IDEAS.

I hope Haslem gives Stitt a one year contract, with the addition that the DC has to go. If he does not except that then there is really nothing left to talk to Stitt about.

Paytonlives said:
Man1 said:
Paytonlives said:

Knock it of... Where you here when Pease was? He is a jerk and thats most of the reason he was asked to leave Boise and other places. When I'm 30 rows up and I can hear him screaming that his players are dumb f***[*] and pussies... the whole 2nd half of a game... like I said no thanks.

You think your funny using "Stitt" boy... apparently you cannot read. I wish things were better, but changing the HC right now would most likely be a really bad idea.

I hope Haslem gives Stitt a one year contract, with the addition that the DC has to go. If he does not except that then there is really nothing left to talk to Stitt about.

payton i almost agree with you on the theory it's a bad time to change HC'S but when would be a good time, stitt is not going to change and you know that. he does elicit the fire and passion that is GRIZ

Hauck would be an excellent hire if he would leave SDSU where he seems to be happy and doing well.
He might even consider keeping Germer and Green. Maybe even lure Ty back from Bozo.

Sorry. Missed the key word there in the Title. HIRE. But if what I read in another thread is true, I am about ready to puke. One more year for Stitt with an affordable buyout in 2nd year is really really insane. Stitt "I will try to beat the Cats next year and get in the playoffs but if I don't it's gonna cost you." R u freaking kidding me? This program is Mediocre at best. We beat weaker teams. That's it! They don't have the fire anymore. Some people didn't like Bob when he was here but we were tough and won alot of games by being that way. I think Stitt has recruited pretty well but he is not getting the job done with them. I want our old D back like we had in 2001. So I guess we r going to beat our freaking heads against a brick wall for another year with Stitt and then give him some more money to leave. Brilliant! It's a mistake and we r going to be right back here next year. Guaranteed! Stitt doesn't have it Griz Nation. Plain and simple. Cut our losses now and let's get back to what we used to be. I think Bob could do that if he brought in the right OC.

If Haslam was going to let Coach Stitt go it would of been done by now. He's letting the pot simmer a bit before announcing the contract extention. :eek: :idea:

Montanan said:
If Haslam was going to let Coach Stitt go it would of been done by now. He's letting the pot simmer a bit before announcing the contract extention. :eek: :idea:
Done deal; 2 year extension with a modest buyout for the second year. His inconvenience fee for being uprooted from CO Mines where he belonged. Probably still haggling over his raise.

Next year at this time I hope Bodnar gets rid of Haslam too. Bring O'Day back too. He bled Maroon Blood!

I truly believe Bobby would end his career here. He misses Montana and he is not getting any younger. We r running out of time on this option. Just makes me sick that we have to go through this for another year.

Griznationalist said:
http://missoulian.com/news/local/griz-arrests-tied-to-drug-related-robbery/article_bc266148-6b43-526d-831a-a8f189784e95.html
Didn’t make headlines, seems like some cats murdered a guy at the experiment station that week...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kemajic said:
Montanan said:
Done deal; 2 year extension with a modest buyout for the second year. His inconvenience fee for being uprooted from CO Mines where he belonged. Probably still haggling over his raise.

Yeah but that's today Kem, yesterday the "word" was one-year deal, then it was one and one, now it's being thrown around as 2 and 1...hell by Wednesday this thing could be up to 5 guaranteed with a 3 option...this is another death spiral in the works!

I don't post much. And, until now, not about a person, coach, or player. But Payton lives; when is the last time you had a conversation with 53 year old Brent Pease, or did your 30 row vantage point--thirty years ago convince you that a young, (foul mouth, or arrogant, or cocky, or confident, or aggressive--semantics and word games) should have been avoided by our AD because his feelers were hurt by the way he was treated two decades ago. I hope you remember his connections to Montana...player, coach ( Griz QB and receiver coach for Dave Dickinson and our 1995 team), and wife (hall of fame track) and family of Montana pioneers. He did leave Boise. To go to a million a year OC position in Florida. He was scapegoat there and UTEP where the coaches were fired the next year while trying to save their jobs (sound familiar). While at Florida he recruited Marty Mornhigweg's son, Skyler. I don't think Marty would have entrusted his son to someone who was not respected as a coach and a person. I wasn't for or against any candidate. Not my job--or yours. But I will not let an unfounded personal attack against one of our own go unanswered. I've been one of your so-called bandwagon fans since Terry Dillon and Skyline days. Have never missed a home game, including being one of a half dozen left at the end of freeze-outs at old Dornblaser. And was in utter ecstasy in the stands at Marshall. At the end of the first drive on Saturday when we went for a FG on short and goal, Stitt made a statement that he no longer believed in his base philosophy about going for it on 4th down, but also announced that he didn't have confidence in his own team and was afraid of the Cats. The game was over at that point. You score. You let them know this is our game. We could have used a little arrogance. So I understand you recognize the Titantic is drawing a little water but we'll have plenty of lifeboats on the next trip. I've never seen as many tickets for sale at Washington Griz as the last two games. But the empty seats are due to bad fans instead of you good fans. Good luck with that.

Paytonlives said:
Man1 said:
Paytonlives said:

How do you cross the street with so much fear? The recruiting class?! Laughable. A good coach would solidify it and improve it. If the coach isn’t the “guy” you need to get rid of him. Stitt is not the guy. Look at his background!! He’s never been involved with a good team, he doesn’t know what a good program looks and feels like. Look at Choates background...he has been with good programs.

kemajic said:
Montanan said:

Well, if true, we can look forward to another 6-5 or 7-4 year.

jodcon said:
kemajic said:
Montanan said:

Yeah but that's today Kem, yesterday the "word" was one-year deal, then it was one and one, now it's being thrown around as 2 and 1...hell by Wednesday this thing could be up to 5 guaranteed with a 3 option...this is another death spiral in the works!
It's already moved up to 3 with no external input into his staff. Probably big raises, too.

mondayamqb said:
I don't post much. And, until now, not about a person, coach, or player. But Payton lives; when is the last time you had a conversation with 53 year old Brent Pease, or did your 30 row vantage point--thirty years ago convince you that a young, (foul mouth, or arrogant, or cocky, or confident, or aggressive--semantics and word games) should have been avoided by our AD because his feelers were hurt by the way he was treated two decades ago. I hope you remember his connections to Montana...player, coach ( Griz QB and receiver coach for Dave Dickinson and our 1995 team), and wife (hall of fame track) and family of Montana pioneers. He did leave Boise. To go to a million a year OC position in Florida. He was scapegoat there and UTEP where the coaches were fired the next year while trying to save their jobs (sound familiar). While at Florida he recruited Marty Mornhigweg's son, Skyler. I don't think Marty would have entrusted his son to someone who was not respected as a coach and a person. I wasn't for or against any candidate. Not my job--or yours. But I will not let an unfounded personal attack against one of our own go unanswered. I've been one of your so-called bandwagon fans since Terry Dillon and Skyline days. Have never missed a home game, including being one of a half dozen left at the end of freeze-outs at old Dornblaser. And was in utter ecstasy in the stands at Marshall. At the end of the first drive on Saturday when we went for a FG on short and goal, Stitt made a statement that he no longer believed in his base philosophy about going for it on 4th down, but also announced that he didn't have confidence in his own team and was afraid of the Cats. The game was over at that point. You score. You let them know this is our game. We could have used a little arrogance. So I understand you recognize the Titantic is drawing a little water but we'll have plenty of lifeboats on the next trip. I've never seen as many tickets for sale at Washington Griz as the last two games. But the empty seats are due to bad fans instead of you good fans. Good luck with that.

Well said. Brent was cocky, arrogant, competitive, etc during his youthful years. It was part of his “edge” that lead to his success. I have not corresponded with Brent for years so cannot comment on who he is now, but I’m sure he still is extremely competitive which is a great trait when coaching and recruiting. I do not know if he is the right person to coach the Griz, but then again I’m not an AD trying to stop a sinking ship....

Montanan said:

He's doing what any AD/exec/person-of-authority worth their salt does. He's letting the emotions pass, and evaluating every course of action. He might not make the right one, but to act while emotions are high is just plain stupid. From an AD standpoint, firing Stitt is not exactly the obvious choice. It could still have even more painful repercussions.

Latest posts

Back