• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz vs UNI Predictions

Da Boyz Mom said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
2 false starts compliments of the North End Zone

Only two? I'd say a minimum of 3.

My score predictions are usually wrong so I am going to say 28-24, UNI, in hopes that the opposite will happen.

I think we got three false starts, but none happened when we had them pinned down in the NEZ

NorthEndZoneDan said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

My score predictions are usually wrong so I am going to say 28-24, UNI, in hopes that the opposite will happen.

I think we got three false starts, but none happened when we had them pinned down in the NEZ

There were also a few that weren't called.

It is funny hearing everyone complain about how tight the game was when so many predictions were a three point win and quite a few were nearly exactly the final score

AllWeatherFan 28-24
hilinegrizfan 28-24
uofmman1122 28-24
Hawkeyebowhunter 28-20
Bear Axed 27-24
firmgriz 27-24
jodcon 27-23
braves84 27-20
nycgriz 27-20
nzone 24-21
retired fan 24-20
timjayko 24-20

Come on people the Griz just beat a great team. UNI is not a fluff team that sucks. Brian McGlauglin at hero sports summed it up pretty well:

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-fbs-upsets-nicholls-villanova-northern-arizona-ajaj

The true rubber match, at least for this week, seemed to be on Saturday -- Northern Iowa at Montana. The Griz woke up from their 9 month hibernation (I know, I know, pathetic wording ... yet pertinent) after a disappointing 7-4 season last year. They jumped all over Northern Iowa early on. Then the Panthers rallied and made it interesting but the Bobcats weren't the only team in the Big Sky to put away a strong MVFC team by three points. The Griz are 1-0 after a 26-23 win against a team most of the country had ranked highly. Honestly? I'd say this is the best win for Montana since Brady Gustafson and company knocked off NDSU in the opener in 2015. Truth. Hauck's back, folks.

AZGrizFan said:
JodCon the winner, calling it Griz 27-23....only off by one point! :clap:

Hey even a blind squirrel will find a few nuts!

I'll admit I didn't have the "we'll score the first half and you score the second" factored in though.

Speaking of predictions ... I thought this was good place for some thoughts about the first "real" FCS poll of the season. Yes, I know it's too early for a poll to mean much (assuming they ever do). In fact, I don't even know if they will post a new poll, since so many FCS teams had games against FBS opponents.

However, aside from the usual beat-downs, there were some pretty interesting results ... including the Griz win over UNI. So here are some notions.

Griz were #24 preseason. Will they move up and if so, how far? The Panthers were #13 and should drop. Want to bet against them still being ranked ahead of the Griz? After all, UM only won by their home-field advantage.

#18 Nichols beat FBS Kansas, while #19 Villanova beat FBS Temple. Which will be ranked higher if a new poll comes out? I'm betting on 'Nova.

UC-Davis beat SJSU, while NAU "upset" UTEP. Both UCD and NAU were unranked. Will either of them make the top-25? I'm betting not ... especially since NAU was actually favored over UTEP.

Weber State got crushed by Utah (expected). How likely are they to stay in the top-10?

Maine, which received ZERO votes in the preseason poll, beat the crap out of #7 New Hampshire. Want to bet against them sliding into the top-25?

There are some other interesting bits, but these should be enough.

Da Boyz Mom said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

There were also a few that weren't called.

Their left guard started early almost every single play. :lol:

Back