• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz @ PSU

Uber & Lyft will be charging their "Alcoholic Withdrawal" rates returning from Hillsboro to Portland that afternoon.

SoldierGriz said:
RayWill said:
Double booked with a MLS game
Hillsboro_Stadium_stands.JPG
:roll:
7000 seating capacity, field turf. Not unlike many BSC venues and an unlikely sellout.

kemajic said:
SoldierGriz said:
RayWill said:
Double booked with a MLS game
Hillsboro_Stadium_stands.JPG
:roll:
7000 seating capacity, field turf. Not unlike many BSC venues and an unlikely sellout.

If fan attendance is anything like it was two years ago in Portland, most of the stands will easily be filled with Griz fans. Hell, we outnumbered PSU fans in 2015.

12747500_10153575338933285_494657608645780264_o.jpg

ORGUNGRIZ said:
Been to both Griz vs PSU games in Hillsboro. It's an ok venue for high school. Sucks that the this game has been scheduled for for years and the women's soccer game get dibs. Maybe they figure they will draw a larger crowd!
UM should offer to host and pay double travel costs to PSU! UM would make more money and more than likely so would PSU!

I remember many many years ago Michigan worked a similar deal to move Michigan vs Northwestern football games from Evanston to Ann Arbor.

Its depressing that our players have to play in a high school stadium, though some big sky facilities are no better. Northern colorado is pretty much a high school stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Its depressing that our players have to play in a high school stadium, though some big sky facilities are no better. Northern colorado is pretty much a high school stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Hillsboro stadium is nicer than most HS stadiums (outside of Texas). It is certainly nicer than UNC's. it is also much smaller than Providence Park which may make it tougher to get a ticket. PSU doesn't draw much of a crowd except when they play the Griz.

Grisly Fan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
The Hillsboro stadium is nicer than most HS stadiums (outside of Texas). It is certainly nicer than UNC's. it is also much smaller than Providence Park which may make it tougher to get a ticket. PSU doesn't draw much of a crowd except when they play the Griz.
Portland State had the worst 2016 attendance in the Big Sky, at 4,590 according to NCAA stats. Northern Colorado wasn’t much better at 4,895. For me the big surprise (on the other side) was Southern Utah, which was third in the BSC at 13,678.

FYI, PSU’s attendance put them at #92 among all FCS teams … so they were at least better than about thirty other programs. I was really surprised to find St. Francis (PA) next to last in attendance at 1,61 … considering that they won the Northeast Conference and got into the playoffs. Only Duquesne, at 1,554, was lower.

PSU did beat out Rhode Island (3,968) … really low for the CAA, but no surprise considering how bad the Rhodies been the past few years.

Hillsboro Stadium in Hillsboro, Oregon, United States is a multi-sport stadium owned by the city of Hillsboro. Wikipedia
Opened: 1999
Capacity: 7,600 (expandable to 10,000)
Phone: (503) 615-6536
Renovated: 2010 (new turf)

Boom..... lol

mcg said:
ORGUNGRIZ said:
Been to both Griz vs PSU games in Hillsboro. It's an ok venue for high school. Sucks that the this game has been scheduled for for years and the women's soccer game get dibs. Maybe they figure they will draw a larger crowd!
UM should offer to host and pay double travel costs to PSU! UM would make more money and more than likely so would PSU!

I remember many many years ago Michigan worked a similar deal to move Michigan vs Northwestern football games from Evanston to Ann Arbor.

Judging from the time, and I get it was Friday, it's still a little early to be drunk posting. :thumb:

We just started talking about making the trip to Portland for this game, staying down town and not renting a car. That's not happening for a game at Hillsboro Stadium. I've been to games in both venues and the experience in Hillsboro is totally lame compared to Providence Park. Our NW rivals have been notorious over the years for discouraging Griz fans from attending home games (PSU and EWU, I'm looking at you). This is PSU's only home game NOT scheduled at Providence Park. MLS scheduling conflicts, be damned. I smell a conspiracy :eek: !

IdaGriz01 said:
Grisly Fan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Portland State had the worst 2016 attendance in the Big Sky, at 4,590 according to NCAA stats. Northern Colorado wasn’t much better at 4,895. For me the big surprise (on the other side) was Southern Utah, which was third in the BSC at 13,678.

FYI, PSU’s attendance put them at #92 among all FCS teams … so they were at least better than about thirty other programs. I was really surprised to find St. Francis (PA) next to last in attendance at 1,61 … considering that they won the Northeast Conference and got into the playoffs. Only Duquesne, at 1,554, was lower.

PSU did beat out Rhode Island (3,968) … really low for the CAA, but no surprise considering how bad the Rhodies been the past few years.

Not sure that SUU number is accurate, SUU's highest attended home game was against Portland State when they had 10,306

These are the number (per the Big Sky stats page) I came up with after doing all the math.

http://www.bigskyconf.com/custompages/football/2016/confstat.htm?path=football

Listed Highest to lowest by overall attendance

1. Montana- 152,261 - 6 home games
2. Montana State- 107,442 - 6 home games
3. Eastern Washington- 67,477 - 8 home games
4. North Dakota- 59,665 - 6 home games
5. Cal Poly- 45,423 - 6 home games
6. Weber State- 43,672 - 5 home games
7. Southern Utah- 41,276 - 5 home games
8. Northern Arizona- 39,549 - 5 home games
9. Sacramento State- 34,351 - 5 home games
10. UC Davis- 31,931 - 5 home games