• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz make it official: Espe, Bevens & Besovic leaving

Zirg said:
grizband said:
Shame to lose all three, but especially Besovic; 7 footers don't grow on trees!

He was 7' true, and that is the only nice thing I can say about his B-ball ability. He was awful, and that was abundantly obvious. None of these 3 are a surprise, nor would any of them ever play a meaningful moment again next year if they stayed. Best of luck to them wherever they land.

Once people see Kelby Kramer perform, hardly anyone will remember the other center recruit in his class. Kramer is a high-major rebounder already and he has put on close to 30 pounds (he's still skinny) to his frame. He will be one of the few guys in the Big Sky who can get rebounds above the square.

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
Zirg said:
grizband said:

He was 7' true, and that is the only nice thing I can say about his B-ball ability. He was awful, and that was abundantly obvious. None of these 3 are a surprise, nor would any of them ever play a meaningful moment again next year if they stayed. Best of luck to them wherever they land.

Once people see Kelby Kramer perform, hardly anyone will remember the other center recruit in his class. Kramer is a high-major rebounder already and he has put on close to 30 pounds (he's still skinny) to his frame. He will be one of the few guys in the Big Sky who can get rebounds above the square.

I was really impressed with Kelby in the scrimmage. I thought even then he looked more ready to play than Besovic and was far more productive when on the court. All that despite needing to obviously add weight and get stronger. I'm so glad we were able to red shirt him. I see a lot of upside in him as a 5th year senior.

casewinter13 said:
grizband said:
Except that we have a 6'11" that we like a lot more in Kramer. Decuire knows exactly what he's doing. Those 3 kids were brought in on a 1 year trial to see if they could contribute right away. They didn't. They'll all be great players and students, just not at um.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Kramer is ground bound AF...he redshirted because he wasn't as good as Bescovich

CleanHOUSE said:
casewinter13 said:
grizband said:
Except that we have a 6'11" that we like a lot more in Kramer. Decuire knows exactly what he's doing. Those 3 kids were brought in on a 1 year trial to see if they could contribute right away. They didn't. They'll all be great players and students, just not at um.

Kramer is ground bound AF...he redshirted because he wasn't as good as Bescovich
Nope! You obviously did not watch the pre-season Maroon-Silver Scrimmage. Kramer was impressive (had seven rebounds and swatted away numerous shots.) Besovic really did not impress and committed a ton of fouls.

CleanHOUSE said:
casewinter13 said:
grizband said:

You're drunk

GrizWhiz said:
CleanHOUSE said:
casewinter13 said:
grizband said:

Nope! You obviously did not watch the pre-season Maroon-Silver Scrimmage. Kramer was impressive (had seven rebounds and swatted away numerous shots.) Besovic really did not impress and committed a ton of fouls.

You are correct GW, Kramer was damn impressive. Cleanhouse, since you can't even come close to spelling Besovic...............

GrizWhiz said:
CleanHOUSE said:
casewinter13 said:
grizband said:

I liked his feet. He looked like he can hedge the high screen like Krislovic. That was probably the most under the radar component to Griz defensive success the past few years. Krislovic made guards uncomfortable and could get back to his own guy after disrupting the high screen play.

GrizWhiz said:
CleanHOUSE said:
casewinter13 said:
grizband said:

Also loved Kramer in the Saskatchewan game. 9 rebounds and 6 blocks in 13 min.s :eek: . Was apparent that he has the feet and quickness. Besovic 0 rebounds and 0 blocks in 7 min.s

casewinter13 said:
CleanHOUSE said:
casewinter13 said:
grizband said:

You're drunk

Nothing wrong with a "Cold Smoke"

CleanHOUSE said:
casewinter13 said:
grizband said:

Or he has far more upside, physically they thought in a pinch Besovic could help them this year more than Kramer so they did the smart long play and red shirted him. To compare them athletically is silly in my estimation.

Back