• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz LB Strahm arrested for DUI

Bjorn Bjornstein said:
GrizLA said:
It is good to see some coaches do the right thing. Oregon said goodbye to Crittenden because of DWI...Utah is giving him a second chance since they appear to be a bit desperate..
*carrington

oops...too much bbq for me. But, I like a coach that acts like one. This very fortunate young man just learned that some people operate one way and someone else another. But this does not speak highly of the Utah program which is beginning to struggle in the PAC12, just a bit. Maybe, he has learned his lessons well.

GrizLA said:
Bjorn Bjornstein said:
GrizLA said:
It is good to see some coaches do the right thing. Oregon said goodbye to Crittenden because of DWI...Utah is giving him a second chance since they appear to be a bit desperate..
*carrington

oops...too much bbq for me. But, I like a coach that acts like one. This very fortunate young man just learned that some people operate one way and someone else another. But this does not speak highly of the Utah program which is beginning to struggle in the PAC12, just a bit. Maybe, he has learned his lessons well.
I agree. I think this is a bad move by Whittingham...

dayday said:
I'm guessing he misses the first game because of this. Seems to be what's been done in the past. Potential this gets pled down as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that is the penalty for bad life choices a one game suspension, and demonstrating to other athletes the lack of penalty, why have any inforcement at all.

Hopefully, if FOUND guilty of DUI I hope coach Stitt has more character than his athlete and assets a penalty reflecting the seriousness of a DUI.

spsyk said:
dayday said:
I'm guessing he misses the first game because of this. Seems to be what's been done in the past. Potential this gets pled down as well.

If that is the penalty for bad life choices a one game suspension, and demonstrating to other athletes the lack of penalty, why have any inforcement at all.

Hopefully, if FOUND guilty of DUI I hope coach Stitt has more character than his athlete and assets a penalty reflecting the seriousness of a DUI.

So you want the opposite of what Bobby Hauck did. Gotcha! :thumb:

Ursa Major said:
spsyk said:
dayday said:

Hauck is not the head coach at the UM, however coach Stitt is, and correct me if I am wrong, was he hired to clean up the program.

And if he instructed the athletes that a DUI merits a one game suspension, so be it.

I would like to ask you a question, what the hell does Hauck have to do with it, there is a new sheriff in town are you suggesting that Stitt do as Hauck did.

spsyk said:
Ursa Major said:
spsyk said:
dayday said:

Hauck is not the head coach at the UM, however coach Stitt is, and correct me if I am wrong, was he hired to clean up the program.

And if he instructed the athletes that a DUI merits a one game suspension, so be it.

I would like to ask you a question, what the hell does Hauck have to do with it, there is a new sheriff in town are you suggesting that Stitt do as Hauck did.

I think you are smart enough to understand why he mentioned Hauck.

HelenaHandBasket said:
spsyk said:
Ursa Major said:
spsyk said:

Explain why Hauck has to be mention at all, Hauck is in the history book of the UM. Coach Stitt calls the shots for the football team, and if he told the team upon his inception that there would be a one game suspension if found guilty of a DUI so be it.

spsyk said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
spsyk said:
Ursa Major said:

Explain why Hauck has to be mention at all, Hauck is in the history book of the UM. Coach Stitt calls the shots for the football team, and if he told the team upon his inception that there would be a one game suspension if found guilty of a DUI so be it.
Spsyk,

Aren't you a bring back Hauck guy? There is a small segment of older guys on this board who romanticize the BH days and dislike Stitt (see Spanky). My response was targeted toward them. If you're not in this category, I apologize.

To my knowledge, Still has never said that. Seems foolish if he did. The student code of conduct is what I believe you are citing for the 1 game (10% of games) not Stitt's rule.

As far as the BH reference? Context is everything and the University is still paying a heavy toll.

...dui's need degrees like murder...
...first..second..third..manslaughter...
...not making light of it..it's never o k...

... :cool: ...

Ursa Major said:
spsyk said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
spsyk said:

Spsyk,

Aren't you a bring back Hauck guy? There is a small segment of older guys on this board who romanticize the BH days and dislike Stitt (see Spanky). My response was targeted toward them. If you're not in this category, I apologize.

To my knowledge, Still has never said that. Seems foolish if he did. The student code of conduct is what I believe you are citing for the 1 game (10% of games) not Stitt's rule.

As far as the BH reference? Context is everything and the University is still paying a heavy toll.

I am not a bring Hauck back romantic, however I'm not a gushing fanboy of coach Stitt, his tenure at School of Mines was unremarkable in fifteen years and has not shown much in his two years here, although he has this year to prove what his accolades claim.

Truth be told, I'm more athlete concerned, doing what needs to be done from the direction of insightful coaching staff.

With that said, I'm resentful of an athlete representing the UM with knowledge that he is getting his education paid for by GAA Contributions, and making life choices of getting DUI. I just expect more than a one game suspension.

Here's a photo of the white pickup of Lacey Degnan, former Griz strength coach, after getting hit by a driver who was apparently texting. Hurt bad but okay. Will have a long rehab, especially on legs. Bummer for Lacey. Occurred a couple months ago in Alabama where he lives.

DPvJzRA.jpg

zengriz said:
...dui's need degrees like murder...
...first..second..third..manslaughter...
...not making light of it..it's never o k...

... :cool: ...

There is aggravated if BAC is too high....more serious than regular. He was intoxicated to that level....allegedly

Code only required one game and Stitt doubled that. I think that's a good statement. I'm happy with Stitt and the staff when it comes to discipline.

HookedonGriz said:
Code only required one game and Stitt doubled that. I think that's a good statement. I'm happy with Stitt and the staff when it comes to discipline.

Agree completely.

Agreed. He wasn't going to be the difference in the UW game anyway....allowed Stitt to make a "statement" that at the end of the day doesn't impact the team's overall record.

FWIW, I think Strahm may get Wally Pipped by Vika anyways....no meaningful reps in fall, missing 1/5 of the season....good likelihood he becomes a "rotation" guy...

NEW: Griz LB Strahm suspended for first 2 games of 2017
http://skylinesportsmt.com/griz-lb-strahm-suspended-for-first-2-games-of-2017/

Back