• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GRIZ AT VIKINGS GAME THREAD

I re-watched the second half of Montana's win over Sac State and a few minutes of Portland State's win over the Bobcats. Not quite as focused on the game, I was able to observe some pretty interesting details:

• The stands behind the Griz bench were pretty packed, liberally highlighted with maroon Griz logowear. And, they were vocal! I even heard group chants of "Dee-fense!" that I realized were coming from the Griz fans. I honestly think there were as many Griz fans in attendance as there were Hornet fans. Had to be a pretty good feeling for the Griz, with that kind of support.

• The Portland State announcer, pos-game, "warned" fans to come out & support The Vikings, because, "There's always a pretty large turnout of vocal Montana fans who live in the area who like to support their team." For those of you heading to the game... Go Griz!

• Lastly, Lewis & Clark's (they're called the Pioneers) gym is pretty small (2300 capacity) but FAR more spacious and modern than Portland State's old arena. Sideline seating is pretty nice, and the gym has the look of a larger arena. My impression is it's got sort of a "neutral court" feel to it, emblazoned in the orange & black colors of the Pioneers. See link below for a photo.

http://www.lcpioneers.com/about/sportsfacilities/pamplin

I'm hoping there'll be a sizeable group of Griz fans in attendance. If they're as vocal as the fans were in the Hornets Nest on Thursday, they're sure to be noticed by Griz players. Go Griz!

I’m sure the GRIZ players will not miss that obnoxiously bright video board which was nearly on the court (of course everything in psu’s POS gym is nearly on the court) which always seemed to be flashing like a strobe every time the GRIZ offense operated at that end.

grizzlyjournal said:
I re-watched the second half of Montana's win over Sac State and a few minutes of Portland State's win over the Bobcats. Not quite as focused on the game, I was able to observe some pretty interesting details:

• The stands behind the Griz bench were pretty packed, liberally highlighted with maroon Griz logowear. And, they were vocal! I even heard group chants of "Dee-fense!" that I realized were coming from the Griz fans. I honestly think there were as many Griz fans in attendance as there were Hornet fans. Had to be a pretty good feeling for the Griz, with that kind of support.

• The Portland State announcer, post-game, "warned" fans to come out & support The Vikings, because, "There's always a pretty large turnout of vocal Montana fans who live in the area who like to support their team." For those of you heading to the game... Go Griz!

• Lastly, Lewis & Clark's (they're called the Pioneers) gym is pretty small (2300 capacity) but FAR more spacious and modern than Portland State's old arena. Sideline seating is pretty nice, and the gym has the look of a larger arena. My impression is it's got sort of a "neutral court" feel to it, emblazoned in the orange & black colors of the Pioneers. See link below for a photo.

http://www.lcpioneers.com/about/sportsfacilities/pamplin

I'm hoping there'll be a sizeable group of Griz fans in attendance. If they're as vocal as the fans were in the Hornets Nest on Thursday, they're sure to be noticed by Griz players. Go Griz!

So this announcer can't pronounce anybodies name right? Did he do any research? Most of the Girz have been here for a few years lol And jesus PSU can't get any fans to show up for a premier match-up so far this season??

HookedonGriz said:
So the Vikes are building a new basketball arena.....to house their 87 fans?

Yeah the really showed up for the biggest game of the year! and their announcer is garbage as well, its like he's never heard of any of the Griz players before, sounds like he's pronouncing all their names for the first time lol

I just saw that PSU averages 90 points per game. Right now they have 22 with 8 mins left in half. This Griz D is the real deal.

Dillon said:
Bozo JrCollegeofAG said:
Noticed that Kalispell's Ryan Edwards is on Portland St. and he scored 11 points and had 6 rebounds against the Cats......

Noticed he has put on a few pounds since being with the Zags.

Just my opinion, but I think this is one of the reasons he didnt see more time at Gonzaga. He just never got himself into appropriate shape. I only saw him play his senior year at the state tourney and he was nowhere near as dominant under the basket as he should have been

Back