• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Football players leaving this Winter/Spring/Summer (15)

HookedonGriz said:
4theluvofgriz said:
Wasn't Torres one of our highest rated OL recruits? Isn't he the kid who Montana helped when his apartment burned or something like that? Anyone know why he left the program after saying how much he owed UM for helping the family during their time of need? Not sure he is the same player, but I thought so. Big loss to the OL if so.

Highly touted OL recruit yes, but not the lineman who suffered a home loss from fire. That was Angel Villanueva and he will be back as the lone returning starter.

OK, thanks for the clarification. Do you know why Torres left? Homesick? Chick? Other?

4theluvofgriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
4theluvofgriz said:
Wasn't Torres one of our highest rated OL recruits? Isn't he the kid who Montana helped when his apartment burned or something like that? Anyone know why he left the program after saying how much he owed UM for helping the family during their time of need? Not sure he is the same player, but I thought so. Big loss to the OL if so.

Highly touted OL recruit yes, but not the lineman who suffered a home loss from fire. That was Angel Villanueva and he will be back as the lone returning starter.

OK, thanks for the clarification. Do you know why Torres left? Homesick? Chick? Other?

I wish I knew. Staff was high on him when they recruited him. His dad even posted here once in a while I beleive and they seemed to be all in. Not sure what changed or if he plans to even play football. I wish him well.

"Since Stitt has taken over, 22 players have left before their eligibility was exhausted. Some have blamed Stitt. Some have come up with other reasons. I beleive it is a vast amount of reasons but people are focusing on a couple of departures and trying to put the staff in a bad light.

Here's a list of each and a reason for their departure plus some of their landing spots.
QB Willie Pflug-didn't fit the new system/cut Jax(flo)
QB Will Weyer-?
WR Ellis Henderson-grades/pro
WR Dalton Daum-not part of the team
WR Reese Carlson-ministry Southern Nazarene
WR Josh Jannsen-?
WR Ryan Burke-health
WR Donavon Rooks-?
WR Chase Naccarato-D3 hometown school
WR Marq Rogers-to play basketball
WR Nico Graham-inj
WR Taylor Walcott-inj
OL Cameron Rockich-?
OL Joe Paolino-?
OL Jared Clark-?
DE Austin Chadderdon-was originaly a FB
DE Nick Mertes-was a PWO by Delaney
DE Tyler Richtmyer-?
LB Zach Vis-originally a WR, moved to LB
CB Chris Parker-chemistry/cut SDSU near hometown
S Manu Rassmusen-JC in Cali
K Danny People's-originaly a QB in high school, Montana Tech to play QB"

Post came from alabamagrizzly. Just a reminder of what happened when stitt came.

Outside of Henderson (who left because he never attended class and wasn’t going to be eligible) I see a Bunch of role/bench players or Redshirts. I don’t see a starting QB or starting DE on that list.

AZGrizFan said:
Outside of Henderson (who left because he never attended class and wasn’t going to be eligible) I see a Bunch of role/bench players or Redshirts. I don’t see a starting QB or starting DE on that list.

You have a bad memory. There's some pretty damn good players on that list.. 22.. And I'm sure there was more after that. And I'm pretty sure it takes more than a qb and de to make up a team. 22 players leaving is a lot more impactful regardless of the roles. A few key players can be replaced not half a team.

jcu27 said:
AZGrizFan said:

You have a bad memory. There's some pretty damn good players on that list.. 22.. And I'm sure there was more after that. And I'm pretty sure it takes more than a qb and de to make up a team. 22 players leaving is a lot more impactful regardless of the roles. A few key players can be replaced not half a team.

Manu Rass. was a significant loss. Carlson too. Don't know if coaches had anything to do with his decisions.

jcu27 said:
"Since Stitt has taken over, 22 players have left before their eligibility was exhausted. Some have blamed Stitt. Some have come up with other reasons. I beleive it is a vast amount of reasons but people are focusing on a couple of departures and trying to put the staff in a bad light.

Here's a list of each and a reason for their departure plus some of their landing spots.
QB Willie Pflug-didn't fit the new system/cut Jax(flo)
QB Will Weyer-?
WR Ellis Henderson-grades/pro
WR Dalton Daum-not part of the team
WR Reese Carlson-ministry Southern Nazarene
WR Josh Jannsen-?
WR Ryan Burke-health
WR Donavon Rooks-?
WR Chase Naccarato-D3 hometown school
WR Marq Rogers-to play basketball
WR Nico Graham-inj
WR Taylor Walcott-inj
OL Cameron Rockich-?
OL Joe Paolino-?
OL Jared Clark-?
DE Austin Chadderdon-was originaly a FB
DE Nick Mertes-was a PWO by Delaney
DE Tyler Richtmyer-?
LB Zach Vis-originally a WR, moved to LB
CB Chris Parker-chemistry/cut SDSU near hometown
S Manu Rassmusen-JC in Cali
K Danny People's-originaly a QB in high school, Montana Tech to play QB"

Post came from alabamagrizzly. Just a reminder of what happened when stitt came.

What about that 3* safety from Colorado that twittered in the fall he made a mistake?

Paytonlives said:
https://twitter.com/Amie_Just/status/1018318886096207874

Another team he’ll quit after one year. Jus kidden. Glad he’s landed somewhere he showcase what he can do in live games and get back on his feet in div 1 in a couple years.

Back