• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FIRE STITT!!

I have him the benifit of the doubt up until today. After watching this undisciplined, undercoached, but obviously more talented team get their ass handed to them in a rivalry game, I've lost all hope in his abilities

Oh, and I forgot to mention that we were a 15 point favorite with the playoffs on the line!

Best thing he could do is resign with dignity and go back to coaching small ball where he belongs!

I was going to say fire Haslam, because, honestly, things have gone downhill fast since he was promoted. Last year was the first time since the BSC added women's sports that no Griz team in any sport won a conference title. This year looks worse. The football team is in a free fall. The women's bob team let yo SDSU, a team that was DIi a few years ago, in a state with less population than montana, and has eclipsed UM. The men's basketball team is getting blown out by WSU, a team that barely beat MSU at home. The volleyball team was so bad the coach quit after 2 years. The x-country team was so bad the best runner, a Mntana kid, transferred and the coach quit. Basically UM sports are a shit show.

But the thing is, as bad as the UM sports programs are ( and collectively they are as bad as they have ever been), they are still doing better than the University as a whole. The time might be right to become a 1 university state, located in Bozeman. There really isn't much left yo salvage here, just performing car on a dead horse.

DDawg said:
Before you all start running your mouth, think about how much you know about the game of football. The guy doesn't even have his own recruits in for his offense. This system takes more time than a couple years. If you give the guy a chance to settle in, the griz will be back in business.
This IS stitt's recruits, AND his system. I was a montana native for 40 years before being a ND native for 20, and I never saw this prestigeous fcs powerhouse ever reduced to this.

Hahaha...

If you want to remember a great Griz coach then look up Joe Glenn and reflect on his record.

Look at what used to be typical football for the Griz. Put your head in the sand if you wish, yell at your friends for wanting more if you wish, but surely you MUST know the truth in your heart?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Here goes...I was/am a Stitt supporter. But how can your team not get up for a rivalry game at home? With a small playoff possibility in place? The Griz have been regressing all season. I was hopeful at the beginning of the year. I still hope Stitt will turn it around, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm hoping he's one of those shitty for a couple years, then turn it around coaches. I'm hoping this year was due to the inexperience and youth of the players and coaches. Special teams suck, defense got worse as the year progressed, and the offense couldn't score. Stupid personal fouls, shitty season. I've heard all year from Stitt, he keeps saying he hopes the young players learn from these losses and the pain of losing. I hope he's learning the pain of losing and taking the responsibility. Here's to next year, blah blah blah. I'll see you in Seattle next year. Stitt better be coaching for his job next year. Go Griz!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Grizbeer said:
I was going to say fire Haslam, because, honestly, things have gone downhill fast since he was promoted. Last year was the first time since the BSC added women's sports that no Griz team in any sport won a conference title. This year looks worse. The football team is in a free fall. The women's bob team let yo SDSU, a team that was DIi a few years ago, in a state with less population than montana, and has eclipsed UM. The men's basketball team is getting blown out by WSU, a team that barely beat MSU at home. The volleyball team was so bad the coach quit after 2 years. The x-country team was so bad the best runner, a Mntana kid, transferred and the coach quit. Basically UM sports are a shit show.

But the thing is, as bad as the UM sports programs are ( and collectively they are as bad as they have ever been), they are still doing better than the University as a whole. The time might be right to become a 1 university state, located in Bozeman. There really isn't much left yo salvage here, just performing car on a dead horse.

Dude, your pills, your pills! Get that scrip out and just wolf down a handful :thumb:

If Royce had the balls of the lady in charge of msu, changes would be made on Monday , but he doesn't, so we will repeat this next year, your friend, yogi

The Shit (Stitt) show continues. Don't get excited for the future if you ha Shit, Harlem, and Engstrom running the show. The last month shows us what we have for a coach. Bet he blames it again on his players and accepts no responsibility for his own pitiful performance over the last month.

DDawg said:
Before you all start running your mouth, think about how much you know about the game of football. The guy doesn't even have his own recruits in for his offense. This system takes more time than a couple years. If you give the guy a chance to settle in, the griz will be back in business.

Seriously? He had a mediocre record at the Mines in the 14 years he was there. Why would you expect anything different here? He had his own recruits there and it made no difference.

AKGriz72 said:
I have him the benifit of the doubt up until today. After watching this undisciplined, undercoached, but obviously more talented team get their ass handed to them in a rivalry game, I've lost all hope in his abilities

Oh, and I forgot to mention that we were a 15 point favorite with the playoffs on the line!

Best thing he could do is resign with dignity and go back to coaching small ball where he belongs!

The only way to get rid of him is to get rid of Haslem and Engstrom. They will defend him to the end to protect there own sorry ass.

skypilot said:
The only way to get rid of him is to get rid of Haslem and Engstrom. They will defend him to the end to protect there own sorry ass.
News flash! Engstrom is gone

Back