• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FCS STATS Poll Guesses (Oct 22)

IdaGriz01 said:
AZDoc said:
So southern Utah, with a better record and who beat UNI, not in...I think UNI is benefiting from Iowa State being ranked for the first time since 2005. Just my opinion. SUU punished because Oregon sucks.
Well, that's a nice thought ... it implies that the pollsters make rational decisions based on things like strength of schedule, quality wins (or losses) and so on. Could be, but I've seen little evidence that most pollsters act in any such rational manner. ;) :lol: :lol:

That's why your formula is fun to follow. Makes a bit more sense. Unfortunately, you also need to take into account that moron factor when you make yours up! hahaha

AZDoc said:
... Unfortunately, you also need to take into account that moron factor when you make yours up! hahaha
"Moron factor" ... I really like that!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

IdaGriz01 said:
AZDoc said:
... Unfortunately, you also need to take into account that moron factor when you make yours up! hahaha

Feel free to use it...There is plenty of it here on egriz as well, but with polls, we know how much floats around those brains.

AZDoc said:
IdaGriz01 said:
AZDoc said:

Feel free to use it...There is plenty of it here on egriz as well, but with polls, we know how much floats around those brains.
True, true.

But here's the scary part: Most of the time, I guess all but two or three on the nose or within ±1 of what actually comes out. I'd like to credit something fancy like "pattern recognition," but perhaps there's something more sinister involved. :eek:

:lol: :lol:

IdaGriz01 said:
AZDoc said:
IdaGriz01 said:
AZDoc said:

True, true.

But here's the scary part: Most of the time, I guess all but two or three on the nose or within ±1 of what actually comes out. I'd like to credit something fancy like "pattern recognition," but perhaps there's something more sinister involved. :eek:

:lol: :lol:

And THAT is why it's fun to watch how you do...the fact that you can see the moronicy is a true skill! :thumb:

Back