• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FCS Championship moving to Monday night

Having the game on ABC the last 2 years did zero to increase viewership. The people who want to watch the game are going to watch the game while the people who don't care will be watching something else. It's not like it's 1976 and we all only have three channels on our console TV.

Maybe moving the game to Monday night will increase viewership, but I'm not holding my breath, and I don't really see why it matters that much to be honest. The viewership for the FCS championship game has been fairly static over the last 12 years with only a couple outliers. https://herosports.com/fcs-football-tv-viewership-ratings-playoffs-bzbz/

I know we think highly of ourselves but TBH, very few will watch an FCS title game period, no matter when, where, and how it’s displayed.
Agreed. I'd like to see a stat on what percentage of viewers who aren't fans of either school have money on the game. It has to be over 50%.

Was not the time slot on ABC airing at the same time as pro football on other channels and the FCS though they were competing with that and lost viewers because of it?

Was not the time slot on ABC airing at the same time as pro football on other channels and the FCS though they were competing with that and lost viewers because of it?
Click the link below. Scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see 12 years of broadcast viewership stats for the championship game. Other than a couple of outliers (NDSU v JMU), the numbers are fairly consistent over time. Like others have said, this game just does not and probably will never generate the kind of interest that we want it to no matter what time it's played or what station it's aired on.

2019 Championship:

NDSU vs. JMU (ABC) — 2.68 million was on a saturday- Celebration bowl played on a saturday 2 to 3 million viewers (ABC) ,
2023 Championship:

SDSU vs. Montana (ABC, Sunday) — 1.04 million

I bet she could put a big foot up your butt and you would feel it. Volunteer and let us know how it goes when her shoe is coming out of your mouth. Get picks to post here.
Maybe he should just PM you. I’m pretty sure I’m speaking for everyone else that the rest of us DONT want to see that. Only you do.

I bet she could put a big foot up your butt and you would feel it. Volunteer and let us know how it goes when her shoe is coming out of your mouth. Get picks to post here.
I heard a local troll could use a sense of humor transplant and the person I heard it from was spot on. You just never know.......

Latest posts

Back