• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Duncan gets the dunce cap

GeauxGriz

Big time bummer about our JC transfer WR! I thought he was a good fit with his athletic ability and size....but those are the breaks. I just can't understand not making the grade in school. Basically all you have to do is show up for classes, and cram a few hours for finals and you will pass. Plus if you are really struggling with a class there are all kinds of avenues you can take for help.

Oh well. It frees up a few scholarships for other kids who will use them to get an education! Who knows...maybe there will be a last second transfer that will decide to be a Griz.

We will need Talmage or George to step up. Without one of them in the line up we have a very short group of recievers. Yes they are a very fast, quick and talented group, but you need a big target. If you were a QB, wouldn't you want a down field threat that you could see over the defensive back....

Well I think we still have a great team.....just a few question marks now heading into the season, including RB and WR...so basically on offense. I sure hope they prove me wrong.

Duncan should have taken "Beginning Basket Weaving" instead of "Advanced Brain Surgery!" Oh, it was "The Art of Play-Doh Molding!" How can one not pass one simple course when the prize is playing college football for the GRIZ? Like the coach suggested - we're probably better off with him staying in California. I believe we're going to be just fine at the receiver positions.

Geaux,
Coach Ron Wisniewski sums it up here...

"He had one class to pass and didn't get it done,'' said Montana recruiting coordinator and wide receiver coach Ron Wisniewski. "In the big scheme of things, if the kid couldn't pass one class in the summer, it's probably best he doesn't come up here.''

What I wonder about is all the transfers we get for 1 year of play. Are they going to have that big of an impact? They have to learn the plays, the flow/rate of our offense, etc. And then once the season is over, what do they do then? I think its better to develop younger players for the future benefits, give them more playing time and reps. Does that mean we won't have a successful offense for a year or two while that happens? Perhaps...

Will the fans turn their backs on the team if they don't win the Big Sky and make it to the play offs year after year? I think not.

Griz Fans are TRUE and (heaven forbid) if they sucked as bad as the CATS, I'd still be there at every home game screaming for the GRIZ till I was horse!

"Powder River, Let er' Buck..."
What the hell does that mean anyway?

Back