• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

i do love the griz said:
Paytonlives said:
Beat webs 4 out of 5 in Utah

I don't have the numbers or feel like looking them up but I want to say I heard WSU was something like 32 or 36-2 over the last two years at home leading in to last week. The Griz were 4-1 the last two weeks against them. That is seriously incredible!

They were 36-5 and now they'll be dreading every time Montana comes to town.

Watching the girls since early spring you would have thought they were on the path to being good, but WOW! You could just sense their maturation from one week to the next. And in just three years winning the tournament championship with just one senior. Who'd a thunk it! :clap: :thumb: :clap: :thumb:

AWESOME job by players, coaches and everyone connected with the team. Simply an astounding achievement in just 3 short years. On to the NCAA's and DO some damage girls! :clap: :thumb: :D

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/5/14/15637596/2017-ncaa-softball-tournament-bracket-announcement-time-tv-channel-online-stream Selection Show on ESPN2 right now.

griz71 said:
Griz play Washington on Friday at 8:30 PM, PDT on ESPN3

Guessing we most likely lose this one. There's a little more at stake then the 8-7 victory they had over us last fall. I say it'll be closer to the 12-2 defeat in 5 innings we suffered to them last year. But a likely matchup with tied Fresno St who finsished tied for third in the MWC with Utah St, a team we lost to 8-2 in Utah. We did beat Boise St and UNLV, twice, two teams that finished father down in the standings. I see this as a winnable game pitting us either back against Washington or against a usually powerful Michigan team. Hopefully we get a chance to see both UW and Mich to go against some more power teams. Help build us for the future.

Besides Montana two other teams are first timers--ETSU and St Francis...the same St Francis we played in football last Fall.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/softball/article/2017-05-14/ncaa-division-i-softball-committee-announces-2017-championship More information on the brackets/sites/pairings.

So the ladies playing Washington this year in softball. Football and Men's B Ball playing the Huskies next year and football again down the road. Trying to rebuild that old Pacific Coast Conference rivalry again, I like it.

alabamagrizzly said:
EverettGriz said:
I just don't know if you can overstate this: it's freakin incredible what Coach Pinkerton and these Ladies have accomplished in just their 3rd year of existence. Remarkable.

He did sortof the same thing in Tulsa several years ago. They were perennial losers and in his 2nd year they had their first winning season and havnt looked back. Today they are the 24th ranked team in the country.

Well, it took 3 years for Pinkerton's work to be rewarded. He is the 1st coach of Haslam's hires in which GRIZ Nation can truly evaluate the job Coach Pinkerton has done with his own personnel and experience. No way around it, what this program has accomplished is flat out amazing!!! So far, Pinkerton's hire is grading out with an A. Continue to win the conference and get a few tourney W's, then A+.

This next year will be the 1st seasons in which DeCuire and Stitt pretty much will have their own complete staffs and players. I expect big things from the basketball team this coming season. As for football, realistically, I expect improvement. I do feel the youth of the team is a year away from being a national power again.

Here is to hoping football and basketball have similar successful results as Coach Pinkerton has with softball, this season. :thumb:

:clap:
mtgrizrule said:
alabamagrizzly said:
EverettGriz said:
I just don't know if you can overstate this: it's freakin incredible what Coach Pinkerton and these Ladies have accomplished in just their 3rd year of existence. Remarkable.

He did sortof the same thing in Tulsa several years ago. They were perennial losers and in his 2nd year they had their first winning season and havnt looked back. Today they are the 24th ranked team in the country.

Well, it took 3 years for Pinkerton's work to be rewarded. He is the 1st coach of Haslam's hires in which GRIZ Nation can truly evaluate the job Coach Pinkerton has done with his own personnel and experience. No way around it, what this program has accomplished is flat out amazing!!! So far, Pinkerton's hire is grading out with an A. Continue to win the conference and get a few tourney W's, then A+.

This next year will be the 1st seasons in which DeCuire and Stitt pretty much will have their own complete staffs and players. I expect big things from the basketball team this coming season. As for football, realistically, I expect improvement. I do feel the youth of the team is a year away from being a national power again.

Here is to hoping football and basketball have similar successful results as Coach Pinkerton has with softball, this season. :thumb:

:clap: +1

Back