• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MBBALL CBI TOURNAMENT for the GRIZ

This team was not built for playing consecutive days. I think the length of the season and heavy minutes the key members had to play caught up with them.

Definitely a season of what could’ve been (losing Money and a poorly timed bad game in the championship).

This may be the biggest off-season in Missoula in a long time. I can’t recall the last time I felt this pessimistic going into an off-season.

Completing the comeback doesn't seem likely here but the one thing that gives me some hope is how the bench came alive in this half. Jones, Sawyer, and Henderson have combined for 21 points and there's still 2:31 to go
They could've cashed-in at halftime, but didn't. That says as much to me as anything. Very promising play by these three. If they, and Money, return they'll form the nucleus of a solid team next year.

I'm actually not the least bit upset that we lost. Assuming they fly home today or early tomorrow, they'll still have plenty of time this week to get out and go recruit. At this particular moment in time, I'm not sure how I feel about next season. I need to see what happens with the portal before I have an opinion. I would say if it's a done deal that Whitney is coming back next year, then we should be good at Guard with Whitney and Money in the backcourt and Henderson coming off the bench. Gotta get a couple of big guys and a replacement for Moody. I also wanna see what the schedule looks like!

“We just need a couple of big guys and a shooter from the portal” is literally being said right this second in every coach’s office in the country.

There is also a big difference between just having your name on the scouting report vs. having every one of your strengths and weaknesses spelled out and gone over in the walk-through.

This team was not built for playing consecutive days. I think the length of the season and heavy minutes the key members had to play caught up with them.

Definitely a season of what could’ve been (losing Money and a poorly timed bad game in the championship).

This may be the biggest off-season in Missoula in a long time. I can’t recall the last time I felt this pessimistic going into an off-season.

Yeah if the Griz had Money healthy all season and then just another guard and forward that could rotate and contribute more steadily through the season that could've helped the main 5 stay more fresh through the year.

I feel quite optimistic about the Griz for next season. Great season Griz!

I think we'll be ok at guard; Henderson / Money / G Willy and then maybe the return of Whitney. That's probably a good grouping and rotational depth.

Forward... Nap / Sawyer / Jones / Bateman. Sawyer seems to be a dude that's on the rise, his 2nd half of the season was pretty good, hopefully he can keep growing. Can Nap & Jones take that next step?

This team seems to have some serious questions on the composition of it's starting roster and could have major depth issues again. Guess we'll have to see, MSU and EWU seem to be able to reload well through the portal.

With this being the new era of NIL and the portal, I will wait to see the roster in September. I am not so sure all the current guys with remaining eligibility will be back.

Oke was our best player this year. If only we had a coach that involved him more in the offense. Easily would have had 14-15 ppg.

Moody most overrated; 10 minutes of Superman each game; then 30 minutes of average at best. If he could’ve kept up Superman for 30 minutes we’d have had a chance at Sweet 16.

One way or another a couple impact additions are essential. Meaning above average talent. I've always supported the staff, but you can't objectively say the trend is in the right direction compared to the competition. Things can change quickly in the new portal era so my fingers are crossed.

Oke was our best player this year. If only we had a coach that involved him more in the offense. Easily would have had 14-15 ppg.

Moody most overrated; 10 minutes of Superman each game; then 30 minutes of average at best. If he could’ve kept up Superman for 30 minutes we’d have had a chance at Sweet 16.
Oke would have been lethal if he could hit a shot outside of 5 feet. Or hell, even TAKE a shot outside of 5 feet.

Back