• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobcat plate in Saskatchewan

daGrizJ said:
What I am most amazed about is the ignorant bias displayed on this board. I know a multitude of UM grads who are leading business people in Missoula and elsewhere. I have two sons who are UM "liberal arts" grads. Both are successful business people and award winning published authors. My nephew, who grew up in Missoula, is a MSU grad who remains a die hard Griz. He recently was hired away from NASA by Apple. Political motivated stereotypes are bullshit.

Crossing the divide here -- I agree. I thought coming out of MSU with my coveted engineering degree would guarantee me success professionally, and while it certainly helped me, big time, I found myself going back to school for an MBA 10 years later, which opened my eyes and made sense out of my work experience. Engineers can perfectly solve all the wrong problems in business, and success in business has very little to do with having the best technology. Most of the successful business folks I know have the grit and perspective to solve all the right problems, with the majority of those being people problems, in business. Those qualities can be caught from either school, and from Montana culture in general, which is one reason I love all Montanans.

Case in point: my company lost the contract in Regina (see my previous post) not because of inferior technology or solution, but because our competitor spit bullcrap and faked data to edge us out. It was all salesmanship, and such is life.

Back