• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobcat blitz

kemajic said:
MTGRZ said:
It is a great way to increase fan support, and make new fans. In my opinion, UM (not just the football team) should do something similar to this. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with this, and I only see positives coming from visiting as many high schools in the state. The cats are playing catch up, and they are doing it in ways the Griz have not. This is because the Griz sold their brand by winning for the past 20 years. We would be wise to be more proactive and send people/coaches out to as many high schools as possible.

I understand the Griz coaches have a tour they do around the state during the summer, but that is focused more to already existing Griz fans. We need to reach people (high schoolers) who do not have an allegiance to either school. Show them you are interested in them, and they will be far more likely to be interested in you.
The Griz tour is in May and it not only recruits at the high schools and targets fan support, it raises cash for the GSA. They go north first and all across the Highline to Sidney and back through the I-90 stops. The Billings barbeque and Laurel golf outing will be very well sponsored and attended. The coaches are prepared and do a great job; it is a significant committment. Plenty of schedule posters distributed; five figures to the GSA. Nothing broke about it.

The actual Bobcat coaches tour is next week. Is similar to what is described above.

kemajic said:
MTGRZ said:
It is a great way to increase fan support, and make new fans. In my opinion, UM (not just the football team) should do something similar to this. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with this, and I only see positives coming from visiting as many high schools in the state. The cats are playing catch up, and they are doing it in ways the Griz have not. This is because the Griz sold their brand by winning for the past 20 years. We would be wise to be more proactive and send people/coaches out to as many high schools as possible.

I understand the Griz coaches have a tour they do around the state during the summer, but that is focused more to already existing Griz fans. We need to reach people (high schoolers) who do not have an allegiance to either school. Show them you are interested in them, and they will be far more likely to be interested in you.
The Griz tour is in May and it not only recruits at the high schools and targets fan support, it raises cash for the GSA. They go north first and all across the Highline to Sidney and back through the I-90 stops. The Billings barbeque and Laurel golf outing will be very well sponsored and attended. The coaches are prepared and do a great job; it is a significant committment. Plenty of schedule posters distributed; five figures to the GSA just from the Billings section. Nothing broke about it.

Yeah, I think I wasn't very clear. The main point of my post was that the U needs a larger presence in high schools across Montana. Additionally, do the coaches have much contact with high school coaches? I know there are some natural relationships when a student from a high school plays for the Griz. But do the Griz coaches take a proactive approach to creating/maintaining relationships with high school coaches?

Agree with you about it not being broken, I just see a need for more of a presence as a whole (entire UM) in high schools.

While the bobcat coaches were busy driving around Montana and taking pictures of town signs and entrances to high schools...... Griz got 2 Montana recruits...

In fairness though they did get great pictures of some of those signs......

Bozo JrCollegeofAG said:
While the bobcat coaches were busy driving around Montana and taking pictures of town signs and entrances to high schools...... Griz got 2 Montana recruits...

In fairness though they did get great pictures of some of those signs......

:lol: :clap:

I've never had a bobcat blitz, to be honest. But one great night I had a cougar blitz me. I got so excited bobcat batter went everywhere.

It feels to me that the Cats presently are ahead of the Griz in developing realatiobships with MT high school coaches. I think Stitt was terrible at this and Bobby needs to make up some ground. Choate puts a high priority on it.

Westcoastfan said:
It feels to me that the Cats presently are ahead of the Griz in developing realatiobships with MT high school coaches. I think Stitt was terrible at this and Bobby needs to make up some ground. Choate puts a high priority on it.

I believe your statements to be accurate. One additional note - winning + phenomenal stadium, tradition and fan support will influence kids and their families in a big way. So MSU could be slightly behind the curve given Choate’s record. Don’t forget about the pee yellow bleachers and shit pond of course. They do have that going for them. Before any Scat fans say it - yes academics can play a role as well. Advantage Scats.

AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:
And the cat said perhaps
that everyone collapse
and it turned into a bobcat blitz
And the girl in the pit
said Boy, I wanna quit

:lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:

Pretty friggin’ funny actually....

garizzalies said:
And the cat said perhaps
that everyone collapse
And the girl in the pit
said Boy, I wanna quit

I think this is what someone gives another when he respects it and wishes he had thought of it himself:

giphy.gif

Back