• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky Stats

PlayerRep said:
Griz remain at or near the top of these stats or some other stats.

So why do they remain near the top in these stats?

Here's a hint, because 3 of their 4 conference games were against 0-12 teams. :thumb: :thumb:

GoldenEagle said:
PlayerRep said:
Griz remain at or near the top of these stats or some other stats.

So why do they remain near the top in these stats?

Here's a hint, because 3 of their 4 conference games were against 0-12 teams. :thumb: :thumb:

Because the Griz are currently a very good team and playing very well. It's top players and its first 8 are very good and very athletic. The defensive scheme and execution are very good, and the team is relentless and hustling and working to execute it. The team is currently playing hard and very consistently from start to finish, and not having any significant weak periods of play. UM is scoring in the paint and off turnovers, and getting good bench scoring, and isn't have to use the 3 much. While UM is shooting a good 3 percentage, it has the fewest 3's per game of any team in the conference. UM is a terrific rebounding team, and can rebound from all positions.

While I would hope that this would continue, I'm not sure that a team can be very good every night and be very good in every road game. So far, so good.

Here's a hint for you. Against UNC, a good team, UM shot 51%, 43% from 3, 85% from the line and out rebounded UNC 40-25, with 14 offensive rebounds. 46 points in the paint. 17 points off turnovers. 18 bench points. Had held UNC to 41 points, until the delay/foul fiasco at 13:19. Gave up a bunch of longer than NBA 3 pointers later in the game. 5 3's in last 6 minutes.

I think No. Colorado had a rough night, finishing a tough road trip after having played the last three games against the top teams in the conference. For some reason the No. Colorado coach let your forward dominate the game instead of controlling him and making UM first beat them from the perimeter as UM doesn’t shoot consistently good from the perimeter. They were still in it late in the game. I seems like UM just hung on at the end.

GoldenEagle said:
I think No. Colorado had a rough night, finishing a tough road trip after having played the last three games against the top teams in the conference. For some reason the No. Colorado coach let your forward dominate the game instead of controlling him and making UM first beat them from the perimeter as UM doesn’t shoot consistently good from the perimeter. They were still in it late in the game. I seems like UM just hung on at the end.

file250.jpg

EverettGriz said:
GoldenEagle said:

file250.jpg

Once again, Weak.
It's kinda sad when Player Rep feels obligated to support you.

GoldenEagle said:

Nope, all wrong. To the extent UNC had a rough night, it was because UM kicked their assess all over the court after the early part of the game. Stifling defense and strong rebounding by UM. UNC was not still in it late in the game. They were not in it after the first 10 minutes. UM was happy to allow UNC to take long desperation 3 pointers in the last 6 minutes, a number of which went in, but not all. Without the delay and screw job by the refs, UM would have won by over 25.

You didn't see the game, and you must not understand the game of basketball. Truly a troll and an idiot.

GoldenEagle said:
EverettGriz said:
GoldenEagle said:

file250.jpg

Once again, Weak.
It's kinda sad when Player Rep feels obligated to support you.

C'mon man. If you're going to troll eGRIZ, bring something to the table.

PlayerRep said:
GoldenEagle said:

Nope, all wrong. To the extent UNC had a rough night, it was because UM kicked their assess all over the court after the early part of the game. Stifling defense and strong rebounding by UM. UNC was not still in it late in the game. They were not in it after the first 10 minutes. UM was happy to allow UNC to take long desperation 3 pointers in the last 6 minutes, a number of which went in, but not all. Without the delay and screw job by the refs, UM would have won by over 25.

You didn't see the game, and you must not understand the game of basketball. Truly a troll and an idiot.

I streamed the game. I played the game of basketball and know the game. No, I am not an idiot. I do like to troll, but only egriz because many (not all) egriz posters like you deserve a little trolling. You especially need additional trolling after you challenged me to a tackling contest at the Mo Club. :lol: :lol: You probably don't remember that as it was last fall and it seems you are getting up there in age.

I look forward to the griz road trip to the EAGS and Vandals.

It's nice that shower keeps bumping this thread so everyone gets another opportunity to see how dominant the GRIZ have been.

But let's agree, it's a tough road ahead for our Griz. Road games at Sac State, Portland State (which I will get to see), Montana State, Eastern Washington, Idaho, Northern Colorado and North Dakota. A winning record in those games would be huge.

One break: We play Weber and Idaho State only once, at home.

Portland State is 1-2 in conference, but they can scratch off three of those tough road games: Sac, Eastern Washington and Idaho. As it turns out, Northern Arizona and Southern Utah may not be the tough trip it's been in the past.

I was a high school teacher for 30 years, usually teaching freshmen and sophomores (I loved it).

Every year, in one or two classes, one kid (usually male) would purposely fart in class. The angrier the other students would get, the more he'd fart. It did little good to send him to the principal's office for obvious reasons. The best way to deal with this trolling behavior was for everyone to ignore him (very tough to do at first). He'd eventually get bored and drift off (mentally and/or physically).

I've noticed that these guys absolutely love hanging around sports forums. You usually find them on the egriz football threads... more posters to irritate! They never grow up... and there isn't much we can do to help them.

GoldenEagle said:
PlayerRep said:
GoldenEagle said:

I streamed the game. I played the game of basketball and know the game. No, I am not an idiot. I do like to troll, but only egriz because many (not all) egriz posters like you deserve a little trolling. You especially need additional trolling after you challenged me to a tackling contest at the Mo Club. :lol: :lol: You probably don't remember that as it was last fall and it seems you are getting up there in age.

I look forward to the griz road trip to the EAGS and Vandals.

Sorry, but I don't believe you streamed the game or watched much of it. If you did, let's hear you give a run down of how the game went, and give us some specifics.

I have been at the Mo Club waiting for you almost everyday, at least when I wasn't lifting at the Peak. Even tho I saw your post wimping out.

Yup, that will be a tough road weekend for the Griz. Hopefully, they are still playing well and without injuries at that time, or even improving. Had EWU played in Missoula on Thurs. or Sat., UM would have beaten EWU by 25. If you actually did watch the game last night, you would agree with that.

A longtime UM athletic department person told me last night that the Griz have more talent than he has ever seen.

In this thread I initially posted an alternative reason why UM looked "all world" statistically. My argument still stands as your team's success is biased as 3/4 wins were over teams that are 0-12. egriz posters being highly sensitive attacked me for posting a sound, plausible explanation for your early success.

GoldenEagle said:
In this thread I initially posted an alternative reason why UM looked "all world" statistically. My argument still stands as your team's success is biased as 3/4 wins were over teams that are 0-12. egriz posters being highly sensitive attacked me for posting a sound, plausible explanation for your early success.

You are absolutely correct. I've heard people say similar things about the Boston Celtics 16 game win streak earlier this year. Although the Celtics are not still winning at that clip, they still appear to be pretty good!

HookedonGriz said:
GoldenEagle said:
HookedonGriz said:
Griz hoops is dominating the Big Sky stats so far:

#BigSkyMBB Rankings:

1️⃣ Scoring Offense
1️⃣ Scoring Margin
1️⃣ Field-Goal Defense
1️⃣ Rebounding
1️⃣ 3-Point %
1️⃣ Assists
1️⃣ Steals

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizBB/status/949332385388118017?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E3[/tweet]

UM is looking pretty sharp. Do ya think the 0-9 conference record of your opponents might have something to do with those shiny stats?

To be honest, when you lead the league in pretty much every single important statistical category I don't really care how it happens. It's pretty damn incredible regardless of how it came to be.

Yep. Playing the “well look at the combined record” card is bullshit.

PlayerRep said:
A longtime UM athletic department person told me last night that the Griz have more talent than he has ever seen.

Certainly deeper. Maybe not the one SUPER great player, but several (as in 5-7) WAAAAY above average players....and any one can hurt you on any night....hard to defend when that’s the case...almost a BETTER circumstance than to depend on one or two really really great players.

Back