• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Badlands Bowl roster features 8 future Griz

VimSince03 said:
Richard Cranium said:
With many of the Montana Players doing well in this weekends State Track meets, I feel the speed and athleticism of this team is actually greater than last years team. Last years team won 65-0 with a 2nd half running clock. Not that I think it will be a total blow out like last year, but it could be a lopsided affair. I would like to hear from the NoDakers how your team members did in the ND State track meets. I’m really excited to see this years Montana team performance on the field against ND best football players. See ya in Dickyville!

On that note, looking at the North Dakota roster it appears several top players aren't participating in the game. 12 in-state talents signed with either UND or NDSU on signing day and only 5 are listed on the North Dakota roster for the Badlands Bowl. Unfortunate because the game is meant to be the best vs. the best. I really don't think this is even going to be a game.

Isn't most of the time.

VimSince03 said:
Richard Cranium said:
The ND team has 7 players that are going to NDSU and UND aren’t going to play in the Badlands Bowl. Montana has 7 Griz players that are not playing in the game and 1 player who is going to play in the PAC-12 next year.

Griz players: Nate Ferguson, Dave Koppang, Colton Curry, Conner Quick, Braxton Hill, Max Morris, Cody Hartsoch.

Washigton State: Carson Shuman

Looks like both teams will suffer from the loss of D-1 talent playing in this game. Montana will be effected even more so than ND.

Obviously some of those Montana kids weren't selected for the team in the first place. Ferguson, Curry, Hill, Morris, and Hartsoch were not on the original selection lists. Koppang, Quick, and Shuman decided to not play.

The difference here is that the seven North Dakota players who aren't playing are considered Top 10 North Dakota talents. Not saying the other Griz players listed aren't talented because they received offers for a reason. But the talent lost from them not playing isn't the same as the talent lost by these ND players not playing. This why Montana won't be as affected as North Dakota will be. For example, the effect of these ND players not playing would be comparable to Gabe Sulser or Drew Turner declining to play in the game for Montana.

Side note: Max Morris was added to the roster. Just hasn't been updated yet.

I find it hard to believe any players in ND are the quality of Sulser and Turner. I have watched every player on Team ND that had a HUDL video and they are not very impressive.

The best team Montana ever put together was one of the few Montana teams to ever get beat. I think it was the 2006 or 2007 team that sent 4 or 5 players to the NFL. Not one of the ND players from that year even sniffed the NFL.

Who did Max Morris replace on team Montana?

Richard Cranium said:
VimSince03 said:
Richard Cranium said:
The ND team has 7 players that are going to NDSU and UND aren’t going to play in the Badlands Bowl. Montana has 7 Griz players that are not playing in the game and 1 player who is going to play in the PAC-12 next year.

Griz players: Nate Ferguson, Dave Koppang, Colton Curry, Conner Quick, Braxton Hill, Max Morris, Cody Hartsoch.

Washigton State: Carson Shuman

Looks like both teams will suffer from the loss of D-1 talent playing in this game. Montana will be effected even more so than ND.

Obviously some of those Montana kids weren't selected for the team in the first place. Ferguson, Curry, Hill, Morris, and Hartsoch were not on the original selection lists. Koppang, Quick, and Shuman decided to not play.

The difference here is that the seven North Dakota players who aren't playing are considered Top 10 North Dakota talents. Not saying the other Griz players listed aren't talented because they received offers for a reason. But the talent lost from them not playing isn't the same as the talent lost by these ND players not playing. This why Montana won't be as affected as North Dakota will be. For example, the effect of these ND players not playing would be comparable to Gabe Sulser or Drew Turner declining to play in the game for Montana.

Side note: Max Morris was added to the roster. Just hasn't been updated yet.

I find it hard to believe any players in ND are the quality of Sulser and Turner. I have watched every player on Team ND that had a HUDL video and they are not very impressive.

The best team Montana ever put together was one of the few Montana teams to ever get beat. It was the 2005 team, 3 Montana players went to the NFL. Not one of the ND players from that year even sniffed the NFL.
Shann Shillinger
Dane Fletcher
Mark Mariani

Who did Max Morris replace on team Montana?

The fellas just got done with three-a-day practice today at Coach Sulser’s camp in Miles City and everybody is pretty much gassed. Lol. Heard that Gabe won’t be playing in Saturday’s game, he’s out with a hamstring injury he picked at the state track meet. He ran a 14.22 Hh that is really flying and flat out amazing for a kid as short as he is. I am going to the game and was really looking forward to seeing him catch some long passes from Helena Highs Caleb Winterburn who has a big arm, but MSU is gonna waste him at corner, just like they messed up with Troy Anderson. Lol.

Don’t tell Choate this, but Anderson should have been their qb from day one. He played it in high school and led the beave to two state chippers in three years. He throws a sweet ball, but nobody over their gave it any thought. Dumbasses. Murray should have played rb, he just can’t throw at this level but he is way fast and yeah, well thats just like my opinion, man. Go Montana Boys :thumb:

Dutch Lane said:
The fellas just got done with three-a-day practice today at Coach Sulser’s camp in Miles City and everybody is pretty much gassed. Lol. Heard that Gabe won’t be playing in Saturday’s game, he’s out with a hamstring injury he picked at the state track meet. He ran a 14.22 Hh that is really flying and flat out amazing for a kid as short as he is. I am going to the game and was really looking forward to seeing him catch some long passes from Helena Highs Caleb Winterburn who has a big arm, but MSU is gonna waste him at corner, just like they messed up with Troy Anderson. Lol.

Don’t tell Choate this, but Anderson should have been their qb from day one. He played it in high school and led the beave to two state chippers in three years. He throws a sweet ball, but nobody over their gave it any thought. Dumbasses. Murray should have played rb, he just can’t throw at this level but he is way fast and yeah, well thats just like my opinion, man. Go Montana Boys :thumb:

Troy was a good HS quarterback because he was the best athlete on the field every game. As far as playing the position at the college level? Hate to break it to ya but Murray is a better passer than Troy.

As far as Winterburn goes, he was a decent high school QB who used his athleticism to make plays. He also runs really well and is the perfect size for a safety. I don't think MSU made a mistake on any of these roster choices. If you want to keep debating it, feel free.

VimSince03 said:
Dutch Lane said:

Troy was a good HS quarterback because he was the best athlete on the field every game. As far as playing the position at the college level? Hate to break it to ya but Murray is a better passer than Troy.

Ooooffff...THAT I find hard to believe (and that's having never seen Troy throw a pass... :lol: :lol:

Dutch Lane said:

Gabe is just fine and will tear it up, even on the damp field. It’s suppose to rain all day in Dickyville.

AZGrizFan said:
VimSince03 said:
Dutch Lane said:

Ooooffff...THAT I find hard to believe (and that's having never seen Troy throw a pass... :lol: :lol:

Troy was never recruited to play QB by any FCS school. He got the job done in high school mostly on the ground. Saying its a mistake to put him at RB, LB, or even Safety is short-sighted to say the least.

Nolan Askelson also won't be playing. Good news is the roster is deep at LB and WR. Even though there aren't many WRs listed, the roster is full of athletes that can play multiple positions.

Ugh! Sulser, Graves and Askelson not playing. Those 3 were my top 5 in the state. Janacaro isn’t playing either. Glad Turner is still playing.

http://badlandsbowl.com/montana-roster/

New roster here. The Wood twins from Ennis are on the team now. Pickering got moved to DE. Max Morris at TE. Estes and Germer are playing WR now. Corbin Walker (Butte) and Hayes Meged (Miles City) added to the DL as well.

Richard Cranium said:
Dutch Lane said:

Gabe is just fine and will tear it up, even on the damp field. It’s suppose to rain all day in Dickyville.
Gabe isn’t just fine he won’t be playing for his dad which really sucks. So RC You think I just make shit up and then post it? Smh

I’m your huckleberry. Vim, so you don’t think Murray got by in high school on his speed and athleticism or did Choate really recruit him for his arm talent? The guy is not from Montana so he has to be a good qb, right? That’s how the cats evaluate qb recruits. Lol The guy is a phenomenal athlete but he is one demensional and he just can’t throw at this level in fact he really really sucks throwing at this level. Last year as the 11 game starter he threw for 1600 yds and the cats averaged only 145 yds per game. He threw 9 picks and only 15 tds. His completion percentage was 51%. He threw for 9 total yards against Portland state, yes, I said that Portland State. He was 2 of 9 with a longest completion of 8 yds. So that means his other completion was for 1 yd. against PSU. Yes, I did say that PSU. But to be fair he did go vertical and throw for double digits, 28 yards, on 5 of 12 passing against Wasu with a really sweet long bomb of 8 yds and had 98 yds against Stitt and Semore and the Montana boys. In 3 fcs games last year he didnt break 100 yds passing, and yes one of those games was against PSU, yes, I did say that PSU again. I’m not making this up. His stats are pedestrian at best for a high school qb. When a media guy like Colter says most college qbs usually always look good throwing in warmups, except of course for MSU’s Chris Murray, well that pretty much says it all. Ok to be fair Colter did say he looked to have improved in spring ball although he did say he still sucked. Bobcat nation was pissed at Colter for this learned observation. Look at the posts over there, Colter was persona non grata after he said that on the air. But a few cat fans did agree with Colter that Murray did indeed really really suck throwing the ball. Lol.

Every coach and DC in the conference except for Choate knows that he really really sucks throwing the ball. Chris is going to be forced to try and beat teams with his arm in every game and they have a really brutal schedule. They could very easily be 2-5 after the Weber game. And when he plays in Missoula this season it’s gonna be loud and BH and Shan will be gunning for him to beat them passing the ball. He won’t because he really really sucks throwing the ball. I hate to tell ya Vim but Choate has the wrong guy playing qb for him. The best qb on the team is a Montana kid playing linebacker because Choate’ and his coaches’ ability to evaluate talent really really sucks. Your ball. ( I have a good story for you about Troy) :thumb:

Sad to say, but I expect Montana to roll n.d. again. The only way North Dakota has a chance is if the o line gives the qb a chance, n.d. actually has pretty good wide receivers this year, the 2 Minot kids west Fargo kid and the Mandan kid. The qb from West Fargo was the n.d. player of the year, more of a runner than passer, but the qb from Bismarck St. Mary's can actually throw it pretty good. I think the key will be up front, if they can protect the qb it might be close than usual. That being said I expect the usual result, something like 45-10. Hop I'm wrong , just would like to see a good game for a change. good luck to your boys

Dutch Lane said:
I’m your huckleberry. Vim, so you don’t think Murray got by in high school on his speed and athleticism or did Choate really recruit him for his arm talent? The guy is not from Montana so he has to be a good qb, right? That’s how the cats evaluate qb recruits. Lol The guy is a phenomenal athlete but he is one demensional and he just can’t throw at this level in fact he really really sucks throwing at this level. Last year as the 11 game starter he threw for 1600 yds and the cats averaged only 145 yds per game. He threw 9 picks and only 15 tds. His completion percentage was 51%. He threw for 9 total yards against Portland state, yes, I said that Portland State. He was 2 of 9 with a longest completion of 8 yds. So that means his other completion was for 1 yd. against PSU. Yes, I did say that PSU. But to be fair he did go vertical and throw for double digits, 28 yards, on 5 of 12 passing against Wasu with a really sweet long bomb of 8 yds and had 98 yds against Stitt and Semore and the Montana boys. In 3 fcs games last year he didnt break 100 yds passing, and yes one of those games was against PSU, yes, I did say that PSU again. I’m not making this up. His stats are pedestrian at best for a high school qb. When a media guy like Colter says most college qbs usually always look good throwing in warmups, except of course for MSU’s Chris Murray, well that pretty much says it all. Ok to be fair Colter did say he looked to have improved in spring ball although he did say he still sucked. Bobcat nation was pissed at Colter for this learned observation. Look at the posts over there, Colter was persona non grata after he said that on the air. But a few cat fans did agree with Colter that Murray did indeed really really suck throwing the ball. Lol.

Every coach and DC in the conference except for Choate knows that he really really sucks throwing the ball. Chris is going to be forced to try and beat teams with his arm in every game and they have a really brutal schedule. They could very easily be 2-5 after the Weber game. And when he plays in Missoula this season it’s gonna be loud and BH and Shan will be gunning for him to beat them passing the ball. He won’t because he really really sucks throwing the ball. I hate to tell ya Vim but Choate has the wrong guy playing qb for him. The best qb on the team is a Montana kid playing linebacker because Choate’ and his coaches’ ability to evaluate talent really really sucks. Your ball. ( I have a good story for you about Troy) :thumb:

He also passed for 311 yards and 3 TD's against SDSU and 180 yards and 3 TD's against UND. I am in no way saying he is good, but he has had a handful of good games throwing the ball.

Holy crap!! 1st year ever when the Scats are NOT pre-season champs.
Mr. Choade said in the paper today, “I just don’t have the mindset that we’re trying to ‘win’ spring ball.” I wonder if he is being honest, or if he just wizened up

Vim, Troy passed for 1400+ yards and ran for 80+ yards during his senior year, so he had a good balance of passing versus running. He had like 15 td passes. He got it done thru the air and on the ground. I watched his hudl which has some pass plays on it and one sticks out he rolled right behind the 35 yd line and threw a strike across his body for a touch down. Let’s see Murray try and do that now. He can’t be cause he’s not a very good bsc qb.

Today’s paper said Oceans 8 has substantially less than a 50% career completion percentage, throws a pick for every 1.3 TDs, and completed less passes for less yards in his soph year than his freshman year.
Really? One certainly would not think that reading posts by our resident cat trolls who keep claiming he is “improving.”

garizzalies said:
Today’s paper said Oceans 8 has substantially less than a 50% career completion percentage, throws a pick for every 1.3 TDs, and completed less passes for less yards in his soph year than his freshman year.
Really? One certainly would not think that reading posts by our resident cat trolls who keep claiming he is “improving.”

Grizzalies, I think the caveat for the meow state folks is which ocean and how much improvement. A recent poll on Litterbox Nation suggested:

Pacific Ocean: Probably
Atlantic Ocean: Maybe
Indian Ocean: rarely
Arctic Ocean: Not a fucking chance

Back