• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Attorney passes on $500 bet with an ex-car guy

Robsnotes4u

Hoops, Since you won’t bet me $500 on the Cat/Griz Game, you want points even though you said the Griz have a better line, running backs, and say the Griz will win, let’s do this.

Cats win you only pay me $250
Griz win I pay you $500

Better than points if you believe they will win, you are getting odds on the money.

You are always asking others to bet, but twist it so it doesn’t happen

Knowing you, the next play is upping the bet. I am not going to do it. I am not accepting counter-offers. But, have you ever watched The Hustler with Paul Newman? I spent 40 years in a pool room gambling. I know you have the best of it, and are hustling me. I want you to take it, put it on your wall and brag to Bobby.

This offer ends at kickoff of the Montana/Idaho this Saturday Oct.14, 2023.

This bet is between you and I and not an offer to anyone else, even though there are probably 15 or more who would like a piece.

Being an attorney, which most people don’t trust, I trust you. My daughter is an attorney, so I have to. If you don’t trust the ex-car guy to pay, I have an ex-Griz football player who you know that will vouch for me.

I guess with that kind offer Rob has 100% faith that scats are going to win and hoops does not have faith the Griz are going to win. Seems like it would be a no brainer for people who bet and who have money and really believe the Griz are going to win. I don't bet money, I don't have money, I think the Griz are going to win. For me $250 is a good 4 days standing on the island out at Costco with my sign. I do like the stipulation that the bet has to be made before the Idaho game is played, as that adds an element of risk to the bet.

That makes it official...hoops does not believe the Griz can beat the Cats. Nobody turns down those odds if they believe in their team. Here come the excuses...

Kinda weird ole hoops was running his mouth this off season about betting big bills on the gris and he’s always traveling the globe but now he’s not so high on the gris winning, but he will bet the gris to cover +20. Yikes.

CatsRback said:
Kinda weird ole hoops was running his mouth this off season about betting big bills on the gris and he’s always traveling the globe but now he’s not so high on the gris winning, but he will bet the gris to cover +20. Yikes.

Funny how not a single Cat took my even up offer earlier in the season. No confidence in your team? I have to pay for more upcoming trips, so I need to be more careful. Australian Open. Maybe South America and Europe. Maybe Tahiti. Delta One is expensive.

mthoopsfan said:
CatsRback said:

Funny how not a single Cat took my even up offer earlier in the season. No confidence in your team? I have to pay for more upcoming trips, so I need to be more careful. Australian Open. Maybe South America and Europe. Maybe Tahiti. Delta One is expensive.

If $250 is enough that you have to be concerned about it impacting your travel I totally understand. I guess I am disappointed tho. I figured $250 to you would be like $1 to me and I am serious, I figured that would be tip type money for you. I know if I lost $5 things would be pretty tight at the camp.

Oldschoolhornet said:
That makes it official...hoops does not believe the Griz can beat the Cats. Nobody turns down those odds if they believe in their team. Here come the excuses...

Right? The game's at WaGriz to boot. You'd think someone who played the game would grab the money and run.

retiredpopo said:
mthoopsfan said:

If $250 is enough that you have to be concerned about it impacting your travel I totally understand. I guess I am disappointed tho. I figured $250 to you would be like $1 to me and I am serious, I figured that would be tip type money for you. I know if I lost $5 things would be pretty tight at the camp.

Don't cry for Hoops Argentina. At least not until after Cat Griz.

mthoopsfan said:
CatsRback said:

I wouldn’t bet on the gris either… anyways, Delta one is not expensive you bimbo, besides the product is outdated. A face lift would be nice. Get a PJ like a real high roller. Any average Joe can use an American Express card to get points for first class. You impressed nobody with this post.

Bear Spray said:
retiredpopo said:

definitely not crying for him but i truly no joke thought he was very well off to the point where $250 really was chump change. I had no idea that it could potentially impact travel plans. With that I will say no more other than I think he would pocket $500 on the bet.

Wait a minute here. I thought PR was giving points to get people to bet. It never, and I mean never, crossed my mind that he would lower himself so low as to actually ask for points. This all makes no sense. Sad.

CatsRback said:
mthoopsfan said:

I wouldn’t bet on the gris either… anyways, Delta one is not expensive you bimbo, besides the product is outdated. A face lift would be nice. Get a PJ like a real high roller. Any average Joe can use an American Express card to get points for first class. You impressed nobody with this post.

Delta One is incredibly expense. Lay-down seats/beds. Semi-private rooms. $9500 for my trip to Germany. It's clear you don't travel much and don't buy expensive seats. An Am Ex card doesn't get you into Delta One, without a huge amount of spending. As I said, you are an idiot.

Check out Delta One: https://www.delta.com/us/en/onboard/onboard-experience/delta-one-business-class

mthoopsfan said:
CatsRback said:

Delta One is incredibly expense. Lay-down seats/beds. Semi-private rooms. $9500 for my trip to Germany. It's clear you don't travel much and don't buy expensive seats. An Am Ex card doesn't get you into Delta One, without a huge amount of spending. As I said, you are an idiot.

Semi-private rooms? They’re hardly that. 1. That average product is on like 2-3 of their flagship routes. Which its a sliding door with an open top. Are you doing Atlanta to Seoul? That would get tiresome… otherwise if you’re considering South America it’s the outdated 1-2-1 open configuration. Don’t kid yourself. You don’t travel enough clearly if you’re boasting delta one.. branch out and try a star alliance network airline like Lufthansa (you took delta to Germany, weak move) or ANA with the big seats. You don’t get out enough… delta is mostly domestic and relies on code sharing for international, thus the subpar Atlantic product. I don’t like most skyteam members either. I digress. Yes, you can do credit card promos for 100k pts and they carry good value when airlines have mile or point deals, this is all common knowledge hoops. As well, If you buy enough tickets you get what’s called points or status, those help with upgrades. Then you don’t get ripped off paying $9500 for a “semi private room” and some cold chicken with a side salad my youngest boy could make. Lemme guess they called you by your last name! Did you feel tickled?

mthoopsfan said:
CatsRback said:

Check out Delta One: https://www.delta.com/us/en/onboard/onboard-experience/delta-one-business-class

Also it says “*Seat configuration may vary depending on aircraft type and size. There may be changes to Delta One seat configurations for Atlanta (ATL) – Santiago, Chile (SCL) starting July 1, 2022 and Atlanta (ATL) – Dublin, Ireland (DUB) starting August 1, 2022.”

Aren’t you a lawyer? Fine print is sneaky!

Huh… the old product is on the South American routes, weird I was right again. I wonder how I know… anyways, glad Delta snapped a few pictures with their 1-2 planes that have a half way decent international business class.

mthoopsfan said:
Rob won't bet with the spread. Plus, I hear he doesn't have $500.

I will DM you the name of a a Griz player, a friend, who is respected in his community and profession. He will vouch for me. If that doesn’t work we can Venmo money to someone on this board that will hold the funds. I don’t know anybody on this board, but you do. AZ, seems like a respectable individual, how about him?

I shouldn’t need to show net worth for $500 I have cash, but we could put up a few acres of land by Westby, Plentywood, or Outlook I guess. Some oil rights by New Town, ND? I can handle the $500.

After you take the first bet, will you give me a chance to win my $500 back? Of course I would pay you first since you are worried I don’t have the money.

Here is your second bet. This bet happens, if you want it, after you accept the first bet. Accepting the first bet doesn’t say you are accepting the second, it only gives you an opportunity to accept the second bet.

If the Griz end the season 7-4…..

You pay me, the ex-car guy, $500 if they don’t make the playoffs.
I, the ex-car guy, pay you $250 if they get in.

I get the odds on the money this time. But you get everything else.
The Griz name, which is powerful in the FCS World
Knowing that D2 wins are counters
Knowing that a 7 win Griz team could never miss the playoffs
Knowing that they are going to beat the Cats, so a possible loss to PSU won’t hurt them
Knowing that SOS is too strong to keep them out of the playoffs

I know I am a stupid ex-car guy. I should have stuck to betting on pool, but I sold my $3500 Keith Josey Custom Cue, as I can’t play anymore due to old wrestling injuries getting the best of me. Did I tell you I was a loser then also? Yep, got pinned, landed on shoulders and neck from a throw, it was a beauty, in the National Freestyle Championship in 1980, that kid won the Greco National Championship also. Could have wrestled him 100 times and never would beat him. Second place, last match of my life finished a loser. (Just bragging a little, as I don’t know any Griz or Cat coaches personally to brag about to equal what you have)

Winning these two bets will help ease some pain on the trips you have planned, glad I could help.

On another note, since I am donating to Hoops.

If they are any wrestling fans here, I am part of the Montana Cultural Exchange Wrestling program. I was lucky enough to wrestle the Japanese and Germans when they came to Montana in my High School years. My parents were involved with the program in the late 70’s. Since moving back to Montana I am re-involved. This year, and for the third time we had German wrestlers stay with us in Billings. This year they also wrestled in Missoula, Kalispell, Miles City, and Sidney. About three weeks of travel, sight seeing and fun. They come every other year. On the off years, Montana kids go to Germany for two weeks to wrestle and experience the German Culture. During those years we house Montana kids during the wrestling camp before the journey.

We have been lucky to house and help some amazing young men throughout the state. It is expensive for these young men and families.

If you are interested in donating to these young men, send me a DM and I will let you know where money can be sent. Anything helps. Wrestlers make great football players, they maybe future Griz.

Thanks.

Now back to the already scheduled program

retiredpopo said:
Bear Spray said:

definitely not crying for him but i truly no joke thought he was very well off to the point where $250 really was chump change. I had no idea that it could potentially impact travel plans. With that I will say no more other than I think he would pocket $500 on the bet.

He obviously disagrees, remember this is the guy who throws out bets all the time. Repopo, have you watched the Cats yet this year?

Back