• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Anderson, Samuelson leave Griz basketball

All you folks got it right but here is my take on it.

STEP 1

Watching the madness you see what it takes to win. Living so close to the Zags, yeah we want to be like them but could we ever get that talent. I live for the day that the GRIZ will be a Mid-major threat but that takes winning the bsc regularly, don't care how you treat preseason that's up to you, soft or hard.
OK, then I get a team together that can win the bsc (small letters) consistently shooting the ball and rebounding, on both sides. I see that with the GRIZ.
To have "rim protection" would be great of course but to have multiple players that can do the the trifecta ( ball handling, shooting and rebounding) is winning games in the madness.

STEP 2
That will be a great thread if .....

GO GRIZ

Jared Samuelson is good buddies with Trever Spoja (son of another Griz great) who is a walk-on. If they transfer, there are a lot of quality academic schools where they could both start and have great careers. I can see them making this decision - they will be a great "get" for a lot of programs.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1116085948501348&id=131914113585208

Samuelson transfers to Rocky.

GrizWhiz said:
maroonandsilver said:
citay said:
grizband said:
Wait, are either of these the bigs we all hope would contribute next year?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ya gotta be kidding! Many thought Anderson would have started as a true freshman had it not been for the knee injury. And Samuelson was a freshman big, when bigs often show big improvement in their sophomore years. I was counting on both of them.

The transfer, Akoh, looks like he'll be a good solid paint player for us, along with Krslovic. But there are question marks for all the remaining guys coming in next year. Kramer and Nicholas will be true freshmen, and Dorsey may be more a wing player than a post player.

I think these losses are, well...big.

Jared has been at UM 2 years. He is not his dad. He cannot hold his own on as a power forward defender. His man consistently backs him in. He is not a very strong rebounder. He has had a few games where he has scored well, but is inconsistent. Much was made of his jump hook, but after December, most hit off the front rim. He is a good kid, and I don't like him leaving. But he will not get many minutes with the new guys coming in.
As for Anderson, there has been a rumor of him not returning, not being asked to return, since December, so his leaving should not be much of a surprise. I'm sorry that it didn't work out. He looked to have great potential. But sometime the fit isn't there.
If you look at what we lost to graduation, we need one more true point guard. I hope that Brayden Olsen is still available, and accepts the Griz offer.
Per Verbalcommits, The Griz have also offered Olsen's West Linn teammate, Khalid Thomas.

Braden Olsen signed with Seattle Pacific. Khalid Thomas with Southern Idaho.

maroonandsilver said:
GrizWhiz said:
maroonandsilver said:
citay said:
Ya gotta be kidding! Many thought Anderson would have started as a true freshman had it not been for the knee injury. And Samuelson was a freshman big, when bigs often show big improvement in their sophomore years. I was counting on both of them.

The transfer, Akoh, looks like he'll be a good solid paint player for us, along with Krslovic. But there are question marks for all the remaining guys coming in next year. Kramer and Nicholas will be true freshmen, and Dorsey may be more a wing player than a post player.

I think these losses are, well...big.

Jared has been at UM 2 years. He is not his dad. He cannot hold his own on as a power forward defender. His man consistently backs him in. He is not a very strong rebounder. He has had a few games where he has scored well, but is inconsistent. Much was made of his jump hook, but after December, most hit off the front rim. He is a good kid, and I don't like him leaving. But he will not get many minutes with the new guys coming in.
As for Anderson, there has been a rumor of him not returning, not being asked to return, since December, so his leaving should not be much of a surprise. I'm sorry that it didn't work out. He looked to have great potential. But sometime the fit isn't there.
If you look at what we lost to graduation, we need one more true point guard. I hope that Brayden Olsen is still available, and accepts the Griz offer.
Per Verbalcommits, The Griz have also offered Olsen's West Linn teammate, Khalid Thomas.

Braden Olsen signed with Seattle Pacific. Khalid Thomas with Southern Idaho.

Olsen was only going to be a walk on here

mtgrizrule said:
flatheadgriz406 said:
two words: Warren Washington. How do we get him!?!?!

Convince him, he is part of Denny Washington's family. :thumb:

Montana was his first offer, but they don't have much hope. One way he could come here: he goes to a place, it doesn't work out and he transfers. That is the only way

Latest posts

Back