• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Albany

A

Anonymous

Does anybody know anything about Albany. I've looked at the school's Athletics Homepage, but it really doesn't give you that much info about the Football program or the conferance. Granted they're picked to win the conferance, but in all honesty, I've never heard of the school. Not like a GaSouthern, Youngstown, U of Deleware, Furman, and the likes.

Albany posted their game notes this afternoon - http://www.albany.edu/sports/mens/football/gamenotes.pdf

The University at Albany (State U. of NY) has moved in the past 7 years from Division III to Division I (I-AA football). The Northeast Conference is one of the dreaded 'mid-major' conferences playing non- or limited-scholarship football. Only last year did the NEC begin allowing members to give up to 30 scholarships. I don't know how many Albany is actually using. By the 2-deep charts there isn't much size difference, but from what I've seen it's the speed and depth that separates the playoff teams from non-scholy teams.

From the Sagarin ratings this ought to be about 48-7. Could be more depending on Montana's behavior during romps. Albany's probably getting a cash payoff for providing the Griz a jolly atmosphere for raising their championship banner.

Question: what kind of video does mtgriz.com show? Is it like a live television broadcast, highlights, still pictures, or something else?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back