• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

3 Hidden Recruiting Gems (Mick, Pittman & Sain)

Heatherp438 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Cole hits like a freight train. His guy NEVER falls forward. Got some Colt in him, for sure....my only concern is is he fast enough to play OLB in the BSC? Especially after he puts on the necessary 20-25 lbs?

The kid is strong. He may not look like he is due to size but he is. He trains year round and isn't afraid to go up against the big boys. Seen him shut down top recruits all summer long at D1 camps. But those schools wanted 6'2 220-230 coming in. I think his size will still come as his dad is 6'2 240. Cole can read plays better than most you will see on the field and he knows the game inside and out. Smart kid who hopes to coach as well someday. Not trying to brag since he's my son, just very confident in his abilities. All Ohio, All Conference, All Northeast Inland, Broke 2 School records for most solo tackles in a single game & most solo tackles in a season. Made max preps list for best small school defenders. Has shown he can play multiple positions on the field. As far as the speed when he adds on the weight, I don't think he will have any problems and will work to get where he needs to be, but he has to be given the chance first to prove himself. He starts speed training back up after the holidays. He plans on staying in good shape so he is ready for summer practices wherever he ends up. Hopefully Montana.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the way he plays the game. Just not quite sure he's fast enough. We watched our LB's get torched all year when they dropped into coverage...now, that could have been scheme, they could have been out of position or a missed assignment, but it happened a LOT. LB speed is something we definitely need to address. In looking at NFL combine speeds, the average OLB speed was 4.74 and ILB was 4.80 (and yes people, I'm aware that doesn't relate directly to BSC speed, but it's the only cumulative measure I could find)....4.88 ain't bad, and it's surely addressable, but it would certainly have to be to play against some of the speedy slot receivers in the BSC.

AZGrizFan said:
Heatherp438 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Cole hits like a freight train. His guy NEVER falls forward. Got some Colt in him, for sure....my only concern is is he fast enough to play OLB in the BSC? Especially after he puts on the necessary 20-25 lbs?

The kid is strong. He may not look like he is due to size but he is. He trains year round and isn't afraid to go up against the big boys. Seen him shut down top recruits all summer long at D1 camps. But those schools wanted 6'2 220-230 coming in. I think his size will still come as his dad is 6'2 240. Cole can read plays better than most you will see on the field and he knows the game inside and out. Smart kid who hopes to coach as well someday. Not trying to brag since he's my son, just very confident in his abilities. All Ohio, All Conference, All Northeast Inland, Broke 2 School records for most solo tackles in a single game & most solo tackles in a season. Made max preps list for best small school defenders. Has shown he can play multiple positions on the field. As far as the speed when he adds on the weight, I don't think he will have any problems and will work to get where he needs to be, but he has to be given the chance first to prove himself. He starts speed training back up after the holidays. He plans on staying in good shape so he is ready for summer practices wherever he ends up. Hopefully Montana.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the way he plays the game. Just not quite sure he's fast enough. We watched our LB's get torched all year when they dropped into coverage...now, that could have been scheme, they could have been out of position or a missed assignment, but it happened a LOT. LB speed is something we definitely need to address. In looking at NFL combine speeds, the average OLB speed was 4.74 and ILB was 4.80 (and yes people, I'm aware that doesn't relate directly to BSC speed, but it's the only cumulative measure I could find)....4.88 ain't bad, and it's surely addressable, but it would certainly have to be to play against some of the speedy slot receivers in the BSC.

Speed of our linebackers was not the problem last year. Scheme was the problem.

AZGrizFan said:
Heatherp438 said:
AZGrizFan said:

I understand the concern for sure. Cole did clock a 4.8 at camps including Toledo & Cincinnati to name a couple. I think if he continues the speed training he could shave even more time off. The place he trains has some great instructors that really push the boys. On his film there are a couple clips where he doesn't seem as fast running the ball, but he was dealing with a high ankle sprain. I still left them in his highlight film. He currently does have PWO offers from other D1AA but he is hoping to earn a scholarship. He also would like to play somewhere outside of Ohio. YSU is literally 40 min from our house but he has no desire to play there at all and has declined invites. I know people have asked why we traveled to Montana but he and his dad have always admired the program and the huge fan base they have. His grandpa, who we lost to cancer shortly before our trip out there, was a truck driver and Montana was his favorite place to travel to. He told us so many stories about his trips as he visited often. So although we are from Ohio, Montana is very special to us as well. After our visit, we were sold on the program.

84GRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:
Heatherp438 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Yup.

AZGrizFan said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
Paytonlives said:
...and angels....

...angels? I thought the Griz could use all the help they could get. Why bitch about angels?

Plus, I thought God was a Griz fan...

Yes, true, but the 'Voice of God,' was a NYY announcer by the name of Bob Sheppard. And as much as I like the NYY winning, I like the Griz winning more so.

http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/future/recruiting

Heatherp438 said:
Also I am not familiar with NCAA rules as to what can or cannot be discussed on public forums so if I overstep someone please let me know. I don't want to jeopardize anything for Cole. Thanks!

As "fans" and eGriz members, we are boosters by definition. No contact is prudent.

RobGriz said:
84GRIZ said:
Yup.

pfft, now stitt and semore made strahm slow(bqm) geez, if only he'd have played for hauck, he would've been swaggeringly faster!

argh! said:
RobGriz said:
84GRIZ said:
Yup.

pfft, now stitt and semore made strahm slow(bqm) geez, if only he'd have played for hauck, he would've been swaggeringly faster!

When you don’t know what you’re talking about it’s in your best interests to not point it out to those of us that do.

Proud Griz Man said:

Heatherp438 said:
Also I am not familiar with NCAA rules as to what can or cannot be discussed on public forums so if I overstep someone please let me know. I don't want to jeopardize anything for Cole. Thanks!

As "fans" and eGriz members, we are boosters by definition. No contact is prudent.

So I as a parent cannot post? Sorry I am still learning how this works. If so I will leave the board. Thanks!!!!

Heatherp438 said:
Proud Griz Man said:

Heatherp438 said:

So I as a parent cannot post? Sorry I am still learning how this works. If so I will leave the board. Thanks!!!!

Do not leave the board. You can post and many parents do. In fact having the parents post in here is welcome and offers some excellent insights and thoughts. I hope It works out for your son here!

Contact certainly is prudent when the player is your son. In fact if he likes steak and baked potatoes by all means cook them for him. What you can't do is have another potential recruit over for the dinner and extoll the merits of the Griz. As far as posting, again he is your son, post whatever you like; as long as no contact with other recruits is made. Once they are signed almost anything goes. I look forward to your future posts.

Heatherp438 said:
ok thanks everyone! I appreciate the information!

As a parent, I think you can pretty much do anything. It’s everyone else who has to be careful what they say. For example, it’s a violation if a fan/booster responds by saying “I hope your son picks X school”

Kind of a dumb rule, but it is what it is....I don’t think the NCAA really enforced it.

The bigger deal, IMO, is when a fan tracks down a hs kid on twitter/Facebook/snapchat, etc and tries to convince him to attend their school of choice. That’s a little bigger deal, and kind of weird/creepy/pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

argh! said:
yeah, you are a veritable football genius, seeing speed that didn't exist.

We get it. You are in love with Stitt and believe in the “genius” he showed in picking what was probably the worst defensive coordinator this school has had in 40 years and I understand how you feel the need to validate your feelings for him by blaming players.

wbtfg said:
Heatherp438 said:
ok thanks everyone! I appreciate the information!

As a parent, I think you can pretty much do anything. It’s everyone else who has to be careful what they say. For example, it’s a violation if a fan/booster responds by saying “I hope your son picks X school”

Kind of a dumb rule, but it is what it is....I don’t think the NCAA really enforced it.

The bigger deal, IMO, is when a fan tracks down a hs kid on twitter/Facebook/snapchat, etc and tries to convince him to attend their school of choice. That’s a little bigger deal, and kind of weird/creepy/pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although, if engstrom was still POTUM he’d self impose a punishment of some kind...probably forfeit the upcoming season.

Back