• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

3-3-5 Defense Re-Visited

You don't have to lie to try to make your point. Bill Belichick, who was the only one of the coaches you listed to actually win anything of significance other than Marv Levy, played college football at The University of Middleton.
"Belichick attended Wesleyan University in Middletown, Connecticut, where he played center and tight end. In addition to being a member of the football team,"
My bad for not fact checking my google search. Now the whole validity of google is in question including it’s brilliant synopsis of the 3-3-5 defense.

If a LB is on the line of scrimmage and the nose is in a 3 technique it is essentially an even front. Base alignments don't mean much in modern football. All teams outside of high school are multiple fronts. Everytime someone goes double tight or power formation Griz went out of a 3-3-5. 5. The Griz use multiple personel groupings depending on opponent and situation. Your argument that Griz need to change fails if your biggest concern is stopping the run. Stopped the run better than anyone in Big Sky. B BTW the winnigest coach in Big Sky history is middle to lower? You are an emotional poster.
No, I'm an intelligent poster, who knows football better than the majority on here. If you think I don't understand having an "up lineman" in a 3 technique, you're incorrect. Still, it is NOT the same in stopping the run and dictating to the offense as four bigger down linemen. It should be noted that Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Clemson, Oregon, Michigan, USC, and virtually all of the other top FBS teams, as well as both NDSU and SDSU in FCS, use 4 down linemen as their base defense. Do they use an "up" defender at times? Of course. I am talking about a base defense.

By the way, I think you do know football. You just get caught-up with the sugar-coaters in slamming me a little too often. Stay classy.

It is completely obvious why Third spends copious amounts of time spewing on eGriz instead of hanging with some real life buddies having a beer.
Oh really, I eat lunch every Friday with 5-8 buddies. Then we go to the local cigar store to smoke a stogie. One of our regulars is the Atlanta Braves pitching coach, Kevin Seitzer, when he is in his off-season. Another is Bo Schobel, former NFL player. A couple of times Bo's brother Aaron, another former NFL player, has joined us.

Who do you hang with, Boy George and Pete Buttigieg?

Oh really, I eat lunch every Friday with 5-8 buddies. Then we go to the local cigar store to smoke a stogie. One of our regulars is the Atlanta Braves pitching coach, Kevin Seitzer, when he is in his off-season. Another is Bo Schobel, former NFL player. A couple of times Bo's brother Aaron, another former NFL player, has joined us.

You just can't help yourself when it comes to dropping homophobic posts.

This seems like another "I played college baseball" type story.

Yep. Our defense last season was our strength. No question about it. But I thought you were big on the O-line? Please name the #2 team in the nation who uses the 3-3-5 as a base defense
I didn't say a thing about our o-line, I only tried to get you to explain how we were so successful without what you called a "solid o-line" when these o-lines "are a constant under Hauck 2.0."

By your own words "What does having a better offensive line have to do with winning the National Championship?" Since you are also by your own words a knowledgeable football poster and I am "only here to score Brownie Points", I will defer to your expertise on this and agree that a solid o-line is not related to winning a National Championship. So you don't need to ever mention the o-line again as it is, in your mind, not related to our ultimate goal.

Now about your current change of tactic; you said "all the top teams in the NFL, FBS, and FCS" run a 4-3. All I was doing was pointing out that Montana, the number 2 in last years FCS, runs a base 3-3-5, so your statement is wrong.

No, I'm an intelligent poster, who knows football better than the majority on here. If you think I don't understand having an "up lineman" in a 3 technique, you're incorrect. Still, it is NOT the same in stopping the run and dictating to the offense as four bigger down linemen. It should be noted that Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Clemson, Oregon, Michigan, USC, and virtually all of the other top FBS teams, as well as both NDSU and SDSU in FCS, use 4 down linemen as their base defense. Do they use an "up" defender at times? Of course. I am talking about a base defense.

By the way, I think you do know football. You just get caught-up with the sugar-coaters in slamming me a little too often. Stay classy.
OMG, You make up better fiction than I do....

That's crazy! I have second lunch with most of those guys most Fridays. They're all taller than 5-8. Ol' Kev talks about how he's actually the hitting coach, and we all share laughs about people who make false claims. Then, we all have a good old fashioned make out session. Small world.

That's crazy! I have second lunch with most of those guys most Fridays. They're all taller than 5-8. Ol' Kev talks about how he's actually the hitting coach, and we all share laughs about people who make false claims. Then, we all have a good old fashioned make out session. Small world.
His Seitzer reference is exactly what caught my attention.

:ROFLMAO:

Does MSU use a 3-3-5?
Nope and since the 3-3-5 is so rare, I’m gonna venture to say that the other 27 FCS teams in between there use a 4-3 and only 3 of them held SDSU under the 23 points we did. One of those is NDSU who you say is better than us anyway despite last years outcome so go ahead and put an asterisk next to that one. That would put Montana’s 3-3-5 D better then about 90% of all those 4-3’s.

You're really a funny guy. You should get an agent an stop handling yourself

Back