• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2019 (3 Signed), 20 & 21 Recruiting 2 Verbals & 29 Offers

AllWeatherFan said:
So three guards have been offered for next season. I hope at least one of these guys fits the bill.
The offers may not still exist. At this point, zero scholarships are available for the upcoming season.

Curious to know what happened with Jamal Hartwell, a super-quick guard out of Fairfax High School in Los Angeles, class of 2018. I know we wanted him badly, but I don't know where he wound up. We had only one scholarship available, and that went to Mack Anderson.

Wonder what happened to Jamal Hartwell, a super-quick guard out of Fairfax High in Los Angeles. We wanted him badly but wonder if his scholarship didn't go to Mack Anderson. I don't know where he wound up.

citay said:
Wonder what happened to Jamal Hartwell, a super-quick guard out of Fairfax High in Los Angeles. We wanted him badly but wonder if his scholarship didn't go to Mack Anderson. I don't know where he wound up.
He is still unsigned.

GrizWhiz said:
citay said:
He is still unsigned.

Looks like he has been generating a lot of interest from bigger schools like Mizzu, Utah, and Tenn. On that note I think we will have one more scholly available by the end of the year.

Buttegrizzle said:
Buttegrizzle said:
Any info on Phillip Malatare of Arlee? Dude was a stone cold killer at Griz camps the past couple years and of course led Arlee to state C title last year. Senior now. Surely he is on the radar?

Never mind. I just learned he will be playing for Tech.

Wrong

Mslacat said:
Wes thinks Anderson will be equal or better than Huestis

That's funny, another Huestis??...Anderson is a big time project and played very mediocre this year in the AA ranks. Did not impress...If he isn't 6-9 competing against mostly 6-4, 6-3 interior kids who knows...another Samuelson type (who is likely better) and will end up in the Frontier Conference.

I'm seeing all these highly talented out of state kids getting offers and am wondering about all the chatter regarding Mack Anderson, Jaden Graham, Philip Malatare...where are these kids fitting in? I think it is safe to say that these MT kids ability do not measure up to this multitude of other recruits. Are they just token recruits per the state of MT? I haven't seen a MT kid (other than Worster) who will compete at D1 levels. It's good to hope but fear they all with likely end up at a lower level.

Btown said:
Mslacat said:
Wes thinks Anderson will be equal or better than Huestis

That's funny, another Huestis??...Anderson is a big time project and played very mediocre this year in the AA ranks. Did not impress...If he isn't 6-9 competing against mostly 6-4, 6-3 interior kids who knows...another Samuelson type (who is likely better) and will end up in the Frontier Conference.
Mack Anderson received first team all state honors the past season and obviously did not play "very mediocre" this year. :? Look at his stats.

Btown said:
I'm seeing all these highly talented out of state kids getting offers and am wondering about all the chatter regarding Mack Anderson, Jaden Graham, Philip Malatare...where are these kids fitting in? I think it is safe to say that these MT kids ability do not measure up to this multitude of other recruits. Are they just token recruits per the state of MT? I haven't seen a MT kid (other than Worster) who will compete at D1 levels. It's good to hope but fear they all with likely end up at a lower level.
Montana kids frequently get overlooked by the national recruiting sites. Anderson is extremely athletic for a big man and I think Travis new exactly what he was doing when he offered him a scholarship.

Mack Anderson is far from a mediocre player. Once he adjusts to the talent of Div 1 basketball, he has tremendous upside potential. Like most Freshman, he will just have to find consistency and commit to developing his skill sets. Having the athleticism is certainly a huge benefit for him.

Any buzz about Keith Fisher? Coaches started following him on twitter recently. He would have to be a transfer candidate from SJSU.

flatheadgriz406 said:
GrizWhiz said:
citay said:
He is still unsigned.

Looks like he has been generating a lot of interest from bigger schools like Mizzu, Utah, and Tenn. On that note I think we will have one more scholly available by the end of the year.

Am I the only one that caught this? Aaaaand?

AZDoc said:
flatheadgriz406 said:
GrizWhiz said:
citay said:
He is still unsigned.

Am I the only one that caught this? Aaaaand?

Rumor is Admir Besovic may not return. No idea the validity of it.

go96griz said:
Any buzz about Keith Fisher? Coaches started following him on twitter recently. He would have to be a transfer candidate from SJSU.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheSpearSJSU/status/974839108802506752[/tweet]

grizzlyjournal said:
go96griz said:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheSpearSJSU/status/974839108802506752[/tweet]

They are the top 3 scorers on the team this past season.
Fisher is 6'8", 215 LBS, F, and will be a SO.
Hillsman-6'6", 213 LBS G, and will be a SR.
Welage-6'9", 205 LBS F, and will be a SR.

Hillsman (.342) and Welage (.429) are good to great 3 pt threats. They are great FT shooters as well, both over 80%. Fisher shot .492 from the field.

Statistically, they did well in the MWC. http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/stats/_/id/23/san-jose-state-Spartans

Any combination of these 3 could be a huge help to the program. The youth and size of Fisher is a perfect fit. The shooting of Hillsman and Welage would be a great fit too. Only problems is, they'd all have to sit out a year, being neither of them are SR graduate transfers. I think, neither have redshirted. Could the graduate transfer apply if a player graduates a year early?

With the number of scholarships available after next season, and possibly Besovic leaving, could DeCuire pull off 2 or 3 of these players? That would leave the GRIZ thin for depth next season though. Either way, I do hope DeCuire can add another significant rotational player to contribute next season.

Latest posts

Back