• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2018 Griz Football Recruiting 22 Signed/Transfers, 7 Walk-ons & 4 Offers

Watched the OH QB's tape and I hope I'm wrong but his mechanics look slow (shot put setup and cuts his follow through short), arm strength was middle of the road, and didn't really show me any x factor stuff.

At 2:27 he throws a crossing pattern against a sitting LB that he had no clue was there. That would have been picked off in a heartbeat at this level. Most of his highlights are just long, windup bombs over the top. I would like to see more 10 yard outs and 15 yard crossing patterns.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4093099/582d4ea4c124dd2918b2dba7

I really hope I'm wrong and that the kid is a developing talent but I don't see how one bases the '18 class off of this.

AZGrizFan said:
mtgrizrule said:
HookedonGriz said:
I.M.O.#90-C.C. said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/jpalek16/status/847622668379504642[/tweet]

Interesting. He is from a big time successful high school program out of Ohio.

And a QB/CB. Guessing we are looking at him for QB but I like that he is athletic enough to play both ways.

WOW, the kid is from OH and from a great football program. It would be awesome to get a pipeline going there.

He also just took an unofficial to University of San Diego....
USD = no scholarships

GoldStandardGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
mtgrizrule said:
HookedonGriz said:
And a QB/CB. Guessing we are looking at him for QB but I like that he is athletic enough to play both ways.

WOW, the kid is from OH and from a great football program. It would be awesome to get a pipeline going there.

USD = no athletic scholarships

FIFY

HelenaHandBasket said:
GoldStandardGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
mtgrizrule said:

FIFY

Point being....look where he's taking is unofficial at....speaks to GrizFan95's post.

I.M.O.#90-C.C. said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/jpalek16/status/847622668379504642[/tweet]

Interesting. He is from a big time successful high school program out of Ohio.

The St Thomas Aquinas (OH) high school, which this QB is from, isn't a big time successful program. They do have one state championship, back in 1984 though.

The St Thomas Aquinas (FL), a private, Roman Catholic, college-preparatory high school in Fort Lauderdale, is the big time successful program you are thinking of:

In 2005, St. Thomas Aquinas was recognized by Sports Illustrated as the third best high school athletic program in the nation. The criteria emphasized all-around excellence during the last 10 years and included state championships won and the number of college athletes produced.

In 2011, St. Thomas Aquinas was named the nation's top athletic program by Maxpreps.

They have won 105 FHSAA state championships (all sports) and produced athletes such as Michael Irvin.

State Championships
Football - 1992, 1997, 1999, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016

National Champions
Football - 2008, 2010

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
GoldStandardGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

FIFY

Point being....look where he's taking is unofficial at....speaks to GrizFan95's post.

Actually, my point was USD doesn't offer athletic scholarships, but they do put together financial packages to attract student-athletes. Thanks for playing.

HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
GoldStandardGriz said:

FIFY

Actually, my point was USD doesn't offer athletic scholarships, but they do put together financial packages to attract student-athletes. Thanks for playing.

Point being, if we're recruiting the same players as USD, we're already in trouble.

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Point being, if we're recruiting the same players as USD, we're already in trouble.

Once again, where exactly did I even approach that argument? Second, how does a kid taking an "unofficial visit" mean that the Griz are recruiting him hard as a scholar-shipped athlete?

HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:

Once again, where exactly did I even approach that argument? Second, how does a kid taking an "unofficial visit" mean that the Griz are recruiting him hard as a scholar-shipped athlete?

Easy killer, you didn't. I did. I'm no PR, but I would imagine most kids taking unofficial aren't doing it out of some "pie-in-the-sky" dream of playing there...wouldn't you imagine there's been some contact?

Jr. Day is right around the corner. Griz better stay on pace with Cats. I would love to see Garrett Graves in Maroon and Silver. I'm told Cats are working pretty hard on him. He's a winner, state champ in football as QB and undefeated state champion wrestler!

Griz406Cat said:
Jr. Day is right around the corner. Griz better stay on pace with Cats. I would love to see Garrett Graves in Maroon and Silver. I'm told Cats are working pretty hard on him. He's a winner, state champ in football as QB and undefeated state champion wrestler!

For the Griz to stay on pace with the Cats they would need to make about 50 offers in the next few days. They hand out offers like kids throwing candy at a parade.

grizd said:
Griz406Cat said:

For the Griz to stay on pace with the Cats they would need to make about 50 offers in the next few days. They hand out offers like kids throwing candy at a parade.

That's true....Choate's recruiting background is at Washington, Washington State, Florida, and Boise State where they can award 85 Full Scholarships.

Stitt's recruiting background is at Colorado School of Mines and Doane College where they can award 36 full scholarships.

wbtfg said:
grizd said:
Griz406Cat said:

That's true....Choate's recruiting background is at Washington, Washington State, Florida, and Boise State where they can award 85 Full Scholarships.

Stitt's recruiting background is at Colorado School of Mines and Doane College where they can award 36 full scholarships.

Yet they all have the same amount now.... Just seems weird how often a recruit tweets they have an offer from MSU. First mover advantage I guess.

grizd said:
wbtfg said:
grizd said:
Griz406Cat said:

Yet they all have the same amount now.... Just seems weird how often a recruit tweets they have an offer from MSU. First mover advantage I guess.

More of a "shoot first, ask questions later" approach, or "throw enough shit against the wall, see what sticks" mentality.

Bjorn Bjornstein said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ajmazzolini/status/852979236121976833[/tweet]

Very polished for his age. Good routes. Good size. Fast in pads. Willing to block. Plays like a coaches kid. Does all the little things so the big things look easy.

Back