• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2017 Simple Rating System

after listening to Richard Johnson on the committee, our schedule was not designed to give us any edge
at the end of season by not scheduling any quality FCS teams outside our league. this was one of the
principles he said they use.
bob had an easy overall schedule this year to make his best impression barring all things that can happen to any team in this sport.

HookedonGriz said:
AZDoc said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
uofmman1122 said:
I would say we got screwed with them putting UNH in, but by all accounts EWU was easily the most screwed team here. They deserved to be in.

Maybe EWU was screwed, but outside of Furman, I think most other at-large selections either had more wins or beat another playoff team. EWU lacked any quality win.

What was NAUs quality win?

Supposedly Illinois St? They were ranked 11 when NAU beat them. I think EWU deserves to be in over NAU. I think both deserve to be in over Nicholls St

Exactly my point. The 29th ranked Illinois state team. Sure they were 11 at the time, but means nothing to me. The end of the year is what holds weight. All that means to me was they were over rated at the time. This is especially true seeing that the Griz are 30. I actually like the fisties better, but still think EWoo got shafted if NAU got in. That said, obviously a Griz win coupled with how things planned out, got them hosting.

Back