• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2012 Griz Football Recruiting List- 22 verbals

WR/LB Nic Henson 6' 2" 200 (2 Star) Chandler, AZ (Hamilton HS) (Air Force)

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=5612677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now the long two days begins...

We have found 21 verbals, atleast two are partials. I believe we will see a class of 24 players, and that will leave the coches with 2 slots for spring signings.

I doubt we will hear any more names until Wednesday.... but who knows.

I hope to see a few more MT kids-- and to be exact--a few of those kids out of Dillon-- Morstein and Linder to be exact. I know there are a few others out there it would be nice to get as well. In any case-- I'd like to fill out the rest of our class with a few more of the top athletes of of Montana.
I love having a nice mix of out of state talent, complimented with a damn good stable of Montana boys to bring to the table. As we all know- it seems as though the intangibles they bring to the table are what makes our football team what it is many years. I'll never forget the teams with Mariani, schillinger, Hillesland, Dyke, Chase, Lebsock.. etc etc had. Alot of wins!

Guardiangriz said:
I hope to see a few more MT kids-- and to be exact--a few of those kids out of Dillon-- Morstein and Linder to be exact. I know there are a few others out there it would be nice to get as well. In any case-- I'd like to fill out the rest of our class with a few more of the top athletes of of Montana.
I love having a nice mix of out of state talent, complimented with a damn good stable of Montana boys to bring to the table. As we all know- it seems as though the intangibles they bring to the table are what makes our football team what it is many years. I'll never forget the teams with Mariani, schillinger, Hillesland, Dyke, Chase, Lebsock.. etc etc had. Alot of wins!

Linder is going to Carroll.

AZGrizFan said:
Paytonlives said:
AZGrizFan said:
Paytonlives said:
http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=5464453" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

According to that link, he didn't have an offer from Montana.

He visited UM on Dec 12th... figured he must have a UM offer (expensive to fly a recruit in to not have one.)

Wonder if it got pulled? Either way, it's decisions like this that completely baffle me.

Why?

Guardiangriz said:
Do you have verification on that?

Nothing that I can provide you, but I feel pretty good. Of course, there are a few days left to change the mind of impressionable young men still left........

grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
Paytonlives said:
AZGrizFan said:
According to that link, he didn't have an offer from Montana.

He visited UM on Dec 12th... figured he must have a UM offer (expensive to fly a recruit in to not have one.)

Wonder if it got pulled? Either way, it's decisions like this that completely baffle me.

Why?

It tells me it's not about football for guys who would chose a Missouri State over Montana. That's all. ;) Kind of like the guy with a Montana offer who chose D-II Lindenwood. It was more important for him to play with his buddy than to play at the highest level possible (and the greatest program at that level). It's the equivalent of turning down an offer from Alabama to go play at Arkansas State.

I have also heard the LInder accepted an offer from Carroll, and pretty sure my source was different than loyal.

AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
Paytonlives said:

Why?

It tells me it's not about football for guys who would chose a Missouri State over Montana. That's all. ;) Kind of like the guy with a Montana offer who chose D-II Lindenwood. It was more important for him to play with his buddy than to play at the highest level possible (and the greatest program at that level). It's the equivalent of turning down an offer from Alabama to go play at Arkansas State.

Should college be all about football? You thinking it is baffles me. :coffee:

grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:

Why?

Should college be all about football? You thinking it is baffles me. :coffee:

That's not even remotely close to what I said, and I don't have the energy to try and explain it to you.

Paytonlives said:
ALL THESE PLAYERS HAVE U of MONTANA OFFERS- VIA Scouts and Rivals
QB Malik Watson 6'2" 220 Pittsburg, CA (Pittsburg HS) (Has UM, NAU, Idaho,EWU & Oregon State)
OL/DL Calvin Thomas 6'3" 255 4.8 Chandler, Arizona (Hamilton HS) (2 Star) (UM, AirForce, NAU, ND State)
OL Viliami Koloamatangi 6'3" 275 Mesa, Arizona (Red Mountain HS) (UM & N Colorado)
ATH Marcus Brantley 5'10" 180 4.4 Mesa, Arizona (Red Mountain HS) (UM & N. Colorado, ND State, visited Boise)
DB Jordan Keel 6'2" 175 4.7 Avondale, Arizona (Westview HS)

Interesting that of the 5 players we're waiting for answers on, four are from AZ. Of those four, we're going against Northern Colorado for two players and Air Force for one (having just lost Nic Henson to Air Force yesterday). Sure hope Koloamatangi verbals to us...can't imaging losing him to UNC...and interestingly, according to the azcentral.com website, we're the ONLY offer Keel has...

I heard some exciting news today regarding a very good recruit but I'm going to make you guys dangle the next 48 hours. Just be happy to get another solid Montana boy

WyomingGrizFan said:
papa bear helena said:
I heard some exciting news today regarding a very good recruit but I'm going to make you guys dangle the next 48 hours.

Thanks a lot, dude.

You're welcome. I could be more vague if I tried but just take comfort knowing we got a good one. Word of mouth but it's reliable

papa bear helena said:
I heard some exciting news today regarding a very good recruit but I'm going to make you guys dangle the next 48 hours.

That's not how this works. You got to say we'll know Sunday!

Back