• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2010 to 2016 "Super Team"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BWahlberg

DONOR
It's been a painful 7 year stretch since the Griz have officially* won the Big Sky conference title. A fun thought that came to mind for me, if you could build a super team from the 2010 through 2016 squads to rep a singe 2-deep Griz team that could win the Big Sky, and maybe a natty, what would your roster look like?

Here's mine (2-deep):

QB: Johnson / Gustafson
RB: Reynolds / Canada
WR: Jones / Roberts
WR: Henderson / Gratton
WR: Sambrano / Louie-McGee
TE/H: Hardy / Horner
OT: Opperud / Schmaing
OT: Kistler / Burton
OG: Dietrich / Poole
OG: Poehls / Oiland
C: Verlanic / Weyer

DE: Holmes / Kidder
DE: Wagenmann / Fetherston
DT: Bienemann / Waldhauser
DT: Takai / Duncan
OLB: Tripp / Van Ackeren
OLB: Buss / Gamboa
MLB: Coyle / Strahm
CB: T. Johnson / Roots
CB: Nelson / Harris
S: McCord / Hermanson
S: Strong / Whitted

K: McKnight / Sullivan
P: Lider / Wren

-----
HC: Pflugrad
OC: Smith
QBs: Selle
WRs: Ferriter
OL: Germer

DC: Breske
DL: Suiaunoa
LBs: Gregorak
DBs: Semore
CBs: Hall, Jr

Your right it has been a painful 7 years Brint, but there is no doubt in my mind that we can't get back to where we were in 09. This years team is gonna be something fun to watch. I think the QB's and O line will work themselves out, and once they do, this teams gonna be special. As for your super team Brint, I would take both Selle and Roper over Gustafson. Other than that you pretty much nailed it! Patiently counting down the days till football season. Go Griz.

Griz til I die said:
Your right it has been a painful 7 years Brint, but there is no doubt in my mind that we can't get back to where we were in 09. This years team is gonna be something fun to watch. I think the QB's and O line will work themselves out, and once they do, this teams gonna be special. As for your super team Brint, I would take both Selle and Roper over Gustafson. Other than that you pretty much nailed it! Patiently counting down the days till football season. Go Griz.

So I am confused :?:
As for Selle over Gus I 100% agree. i don't think this is gonna be the year they get back to form though. I hope I am wrong but just don't see it.

I'd take Keith Thompson over Roots.

And I'd take Sandry right NOW over Hermanson.

Plus: Dietrich over Poole?

VimSince03 said:
AZGrizFan said:
I'd take Keith Thompson over Roots.

And I'd take Sandry right NOW over Hermanson.

Plus: Dietrich over Poole?

Hermanson was pretty damn good his senior season.

And his RS Frosh season of 2011. 12 and 13 weren't the best. I can see the argument for Sandry over Hermey... the options picking safeties weren't that great TBH

Nelson missed half his senior year as we know and underperformed to the max during the second half (was smoked time and again against EWU and Idaho State). HIs junior year was okay but I'd pick Harris over Nelson.

RayWill said:
Griz til I die said:

As for Selle over Gus I 100% agree. i don't think this is gonna be the year they get back to form though. I hope I am wrong but just don't see it.
Well I don't think they'll be national title contenders this year, but I think progress will be made. I think they make it to the second or third round of the playoffs.

The biggest part of that list that made me just think..mannnnnnn I wish we had those guys again, was HANDS DOWN offensive lineman.

And I think thats telling.

Griz til I die said:
RayWill said:
Griz til I die said:

Well I don't think they'll be national title contenders this year, but I think progress will be made. I think they make it to the second or third round of the playoffs.

I also agree. ..Selle over Gus every day of the week.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Griz til I die said:
RayWill said:
Griz til I die said:

I also agree. ..Selle over Gus every day of the week.

This is a tough one but i'll have to 3rd this...Selle over BG3, but its close.

jodcon said:
NDSU still beats us by 10 in the playoffs.

:lol: I don't think so.

Jordy Johnson behind THAT O-line, with Chase Reynolds in the backfield, and throwing to Henderson, Jones, Sambrano, Gratton, etc...and that shutdown D?

I'd take THAT team all day long and twice on Sunday.

AZGrizFan said:
jodcon said:
NDSU still beats us by 10 in the playoffs.

:lol: I don't think so.

Jordy Johnson behind THAT O-line, with Chase Reynolds in the backfield, and throwing to Henderson, Jones, Sambrano, Gratton, etc...and that shutdown D?

I'd take THAT team all day long and twice on Sunday.

No fucking way.

They would kick our ass, eat all our food, hustle whatever fat chicks they could find, and load them in the sugar beet truck and haul ass back to Fargo yah.

Selle didn't play from 2010-2016. I think Travon Van could have been really special in a JLM-esque way in Stitt's offense. Dan Moore/Jamal Wilson for FB maybe? Obviously, Green for RB coach.

DoubleNicks said:
Selle didn't play from 2010-2016. I think Travon Van could have been really special in a JLM-esque way in Stitt's offense. Dan Moore/Jamal Wilson for FB maybe? Obviously, Green for RB coach.

Actually, yes he did. He was the starting QB for the first part of 2010, even in Pflu's change in offense. He of course, had to platoon reps at times with Roper, but yes, Selle was the starting QB that year, until he suffered a season and career-ending shoulder injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back