• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2018 Griz Talent

dub

I think that Stitt and crew recruited pretty good talent... we can argue all day about early 2000s talent/toughness. Do we have it now? I have no idea on the players... they seem REALLY talented... does Hauck make these men into warriors like we saw 15 years ago? I think a big part of it is team unity/brothers etc.. some coaches got it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whiskey, BBQ grilles, Kessmen or can he kick?

dub said:
I think that Stitt and crew recruited pretty good talent... we can argue all day about early 2000s talent/toughness. Do we have it now? I have no idea on the players... they seem REALLY talented... does Hauck make these men into warriors like we saw 15 years ago? I think a big part of it is team unity/brothers etc.. some coaches got it

No... But Close
No... But close

Paytonlives said:
dub said:

No... But Close
No... But close

So then the question is, did those players 15 years ago arrive talented or did Hauck make them talented?

alabamagrizzly said:
Paytonlives said:
dub said:

No... But Close
No... But close

So then the question is, did those players 15 years ago arrive talented or did Hauck make them talented?

Both... I don't care how good a coach you are, you can only do so much to make the team better.

The Griz of the late 70's could have had Bear Bryant as a coach and he would have made them better. But the talent HAS to be there to become a Great team.

A great coach will always get the best talent out of his players. I think Stitt was a good recruiter for his system...Bobby will get the utmost out of the players he has...this season will show what kind of players he has.

reinell30 said:
A great coach will always get the best talent out of his players. I think Stitt was a good recruiter for his system...Bobby will get the utmost out of the players he has...this season will show what kind of players he has.

Yep, by the end of the season we'll know more. :thumb:

A few hundred eGriz posters claimed we had the best talent and the worst coach in the conference. I guess maybe we'll find out if that's true.

:roll: That seems like a big exaggeration to me. I like your posts Weatherman, but can't agree with the premise of this specific one.

AllWeatherFan said:
A few hundred eGriz posters claimed we had the best talent and the worst coach in the conference. I guess maybe we'll find out if that's true.

Proud Griz Man said:
:roll: That seems like a big exaggeration to me. I like your posts Weatherman, but can't agree with the premise of this specific one.

AllWeatherFan said:

That makes complete sense, PGM, because I was lying. :)

I don't recall anybody bitching about talent level (other than the preponderance of WR's) when these kids were being recruited/signed.

How about we give them a chance before throwing them under the bus? Bobby sure seems to like what he's got.

I thought the talent looked great on paper when they were recruited. I wish stitt had recruited more bodies for the trenches is all. We’ll see I guess.

Proud Griz Man said:

AllWeatherFan said:

Maybe he meant to say "a few eGriz posters claimed several hundred times a week..."

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
I thought the talent looked great on paper when they were recruited. I wish stitt had recruited more bodies for the trenches is all. We’ll see I guess.

He had at least 5 in every class except the first.

Overall, I think there is good to very good talent at the skill positions on offense. The concern is with experience on the offensive line as well as depth there. If the talent on the O-line is just average or slightly below average, it won't make much difference how good those skill positions are.

Defensively it looks like the exact opposite. It appears that the D-line & Linebackers may be above average to pretty good. But again, depth will be an issue. The concern here is the secondary. Safeties should be solid but it's any bodies guess with the CB crew.

Under Bobby ST will be the best unit on the field with the best athletes playing ST.

Final team grade is average to slightly above to begin the season, with the potential to be good to very good by season's end, once experience and to a lesser degree depth become less of a concern.

Ringneck said:
Proud Griz Man said:

AllWeatherFan said:

Maybe he meant to say "a few eGriz posters claimed several hundred times a week..."

:lol:

I think this team is full of talent but lacks a lot of experience in key spots which will presumably lead to some rather choppy results.

Back