• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

This is what we are missing from our coach

TX-GRIZ

DONOR
No passion. I would love to see some excitement out of our coach.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IezJHKUdIyQ[/youtube]

I thought you were going to say the balls to fire his crappy DC last year when he promised to look at ever aspect of the program to see what needed changing. " First time shame on you, second time shame on me" Shame on Stitt

Ursus1 said:
I thought you were going to say the balls to fire his crappy DC last year when he promised to look at ever aspect of the program to see what needed changing. " First time shame on you, second time shame on me" Shame on Stitt
Or first time, shame on Semore; second time shame on Stitt.

TX-GRIZ said:
No passion. I would love to see some excitement out of our coach.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IezJHKUdIyQ[/youtube]
Sounds like you are talking about Rob Ash.

Montana37 said:
Kids love to play for a guy like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. That is the point. We have all the talent in the world. There is no one in the locker room or on the side lines laying the wood. I'm talking about fired up....win or lose. Fired up.

Look at Stitts reaction after we beat NDSU. Pathetic.....

“The sideline was flat. No energy, no will. That’s unacceptable,” a former player wrote in a message to Skyline Sports.

Even Murray noticed something was amiss with the Griz.

“Today we just had that bond,” said the Bobcats quarterback. “I honestly think Montana doesn’t have that type of bond and I think that’s been the difference the past two years.”

TX-GRIZ said:
“The sideline was flat. No energy, no will. That’s unacceptable,” a former player wrote in a message to Skyline Sports.

“Today we just had that bond,” said the Bobcats quarterback. “I honestly think Montana doesn’t have that type of bond and I think that’s been the difference the past two years.”

This seems obvious. The “mental” coach looks uninterested on the sidelines. Whatever play info he keeps staring at isn’t inspiring his players as a group. Pretty sad. As much as I hated watching Choate and Gregorik on the sidelines, that’s the intensity that wins games.

RABIDAWG said:
TX-GRIZ said:

This seems obvious. The “mental” coach looks uninterested on the sidelines. Whatever play info he keeps staring at isn’t inspiring his players as a group. Pretty sad. As much as I hated watching Choate and Gregorik on the sidelines, that’s the intensity that wins games.

Is it? One team is 7-4 and the other is 5-6. You don't see Saban hooting and hollering on the sidelines. This point is ridiculous.

I find the Griz at times to be curiously unmotivated, usually at the very games they should be jacked up the most for.

cclarkblues said:
I find the Griz at times to be curiously unmotivated, usually at the very games they should be jacked up the most for.

Stitt has the Rob Ash syndrome. The Cats play like the Grizzlies used to play and vice versa. There was a noticeable void of emotion on the Griz sideline.

bigsky33 said:
cclarkblues said:

Stitt has the Rob Ash syndrome. The Cats play like the Grizzlies used to play and vice versa. There was a noticeable void of emotion on the Griz sideline.

Not only has the Rob Ash syndrome, but he also exported our best emotional leader across the divide.

grizfan95 said:
RABIDAWG said:
TX-GRIZ said:

Is it? One team is 7-4 and the other is 5-6. You don't see Saban hooting and hollering on the sidelines. This point is ridiculous.

Obviously you need to watch more of what Saban is like during a big game. He’s a pretty intense coach

I mean say what you want about Gregorak...I personally don’t regret not having him as a coach....but he at least gets it when it comes to Cat Griz.

Stitt probably could have used a Dale Carnegie course at one time to learn to motivate people. Seriously.

RABIDAWG said:
TX-GRIZ said:

Amen. No fire whatsoever. Quite obvious just from the body language of the coaches. ty was jumping around like a goddamn maniac, while Stitt had his hands in his pockets looking at the ground. A team is always a direct reflection of its coach. Pathetic

garizzalies said:
RABIDAWG said:
TX-GRIZ said:

Amen. No fire whatsoever. Quite obvious just from the body language of the coaches. ty was jumping around like a goddamn maniac, while Stitt had his hands in his pockets looking at the ground. A team is always a direct reflection of its coach. Pathetic
Doing his best Tom Landry impression. Different hat.

Motivation is certainly important, but it certainly isn't why the Cats beat us. Execution is why we lost. They executed their game plan to near perfection. They blocked better, they tackled better, they made plays (and we didn't) when they needed to, they didn't turn the ball over, and they had nearly 1 quarter more of offense than the Griz due to ball control. Until we tackle and block better our and not drop catchable balls our win/loss record will look very similar to this year. And yes this is all on Stitt's shoulders.

Back