• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz vs Huskies Tickets? Hotels?

grizare#1

Hey Fellas,
So we received our season tickets but no mention of the Huskies game tickets which I ordered this spring, has anyone heard anything from the ticket office?
I assume they have not been released from Washington yet. Also does anyone know or recommend a good hotel in the area of the Huskies Stadium, I know none of them will be cheap so it is what it is.
Go Griz
Thanks in advance!!

UW tickets arrived the middle of last week and were available last Friday for pickup in the Adams Center ticket office.

Yep picked up my tix last week. You can grab them at Adams Center. If unable to do so a Griz Rep will be at the game and will have all the bought tix.

Cool thanks guys, I will call tomorrow and see if those's of us out of town can pick them up at the first home game.

So I called he ticket office today and they said those who have not yet picked up their tickets can do so at the first home game.
Go Griz

grizare#1 said:
Hey Fellas,
So we received our season tickets but no mention of the Huskies game tickets which I ordered this spring, has anyone heard anything from the ticket office?
I assume they have not been released from Washington yet. Also does anyone know or recommend a good hotel in the area of the Huskies Stadium, I know none of them will be cheap so it is what it is.
Go Griz
Thanks in advance!!

For a hotel, look in Silverdale. It should be much cheaper than anything anywhere near Seattle (unless you want to get hammered and walk to the game)...

If you find a hotel in Silverdale, it's a short drive to the Bainbridge Island ferry to Seattle.

Air b&b is the way to go in Seattle. This summer we rented and house in Seattle within walking distance of the stadium and 5 minutes from the light rail for 70 bucks a night. Bigger and nicer than a hotel and a full fridge and TV. I HIGHLY recommend it if you guys are gonna go to the game.

mtgrizfankb said:
Air b&b is the way to go in Seattle. This summer we rented and house in Seattle within walking distance of the stadium and 5 minutes from the light rail for 70 bucks a night. Bigger and nicer than a hotel and a full fridge and TV. I HIGHLY recommend it if you guys are gonna go to the game.

I'd agree with this as well. Had some App State alums come up to Seattle and they got an amazing place right next to Pikes Market through Airbnb.

get'em_griz said:
real44 said:
Anyone know what section the Griz tickets are in?

I Believe it's section 101. It's a corner section by the endzone.

UW gave very few seats to us in the lower 100 sections. Those tickets mostly went to players families. Most Griz fans will be up high in sections 330 to 332.

Cuervohola said:
grizare#1 said:
Hey Fellas,
Go Griz
Thanks in advance!!

For a hotel, look in Silverdale. It should be much cheaper than anything anywhere near Seattle (unless you want to get hammered and walk to the game)...

If you find a hotel in Silverdale, it's a short drive to the Bainbridge Island ferry to Seattle.
The ferry Terminal in Seattle is nowhere near UW.

Cuervohola said:
grizare#1 said:
Hey Fellas,
Go Griz
Thanks in advance!!

Holy Bad Advice, Batman.....you REALLY want to be beholden to the ferry schedule? No way...I'd rather spend the extra coin and be somewhere on the mainland.

jcglfer said:
Cuervohola said:
grizare#1 said:
Hey Fellas,
Go Griz
Thanks in advance!!

The ferry Terminal in Seattle is nowhere near UW.

Yeah, that'd be quite the walk. Hell, if you're looking to stay cheap, stay near SeaTac and Uber up.

The light rail is handy to get to UW but Silverdale is a @#$% of a connection (I live 10 minutes north of Silverdale). I might consider staying on Bainbridge and making that work as the ferry is a great way to go but I would allow 2-3 hours transit time. Island Inn is about a 15-20 min walk to the ferry (nice as you dont have to have a car in Seattle). The Best Western on the Island is a bit further. Silverdale to Bainbridge is 30-45 minutes and you still have to ditch your car somewhere. In short, living here, there is no way I would do that. (Of course, I wouldnt give a bit of thought to staying near the airport either but thats just me)

montanamike21 said:
The light rail is handy to get to UW but Silverdale is a @#$% of a connection (I live 10 minutes north of Silverdale). I might consider staying on Bainbridge and making that work as the ferry is a great way to go but I would allow 2-3 hours transit time. Island Inn is about a 15-20 min walk to the ferry (nice as you dont have to have a car in Seattle). The Best Western on the Island is a bit further. Silverdale to Bainbridge is 30-45 minutes and you still have to ditch your car somewhere. In short, living here, there is no way I would do that. (Of course, I wouldnt give a bit of thought to staying near the airport either but thats just me)

Me either. But if someone wanted relatively cheap rooms and didn't mind a bit of a commute, it's the only logical place. Silverdale? No effing way, although I do love me some Silver City Brewery!!

montanamike21 said:

The guy asked for a place near Husky Stadium and we've got two guys sending him to Bainbridge Island?

I don't get any of your logic... Staying in Silverdale saves about $40 on a hotel compared to Seattle (lowest prices on Trivago)... That pays for the ferry and Lunch wherever in Seattle.

The ferry has 11 runs on Saturday before the game with the last getting into Seattle around 3:30... One could pick to spend all day in Seattle or a few hours.

You're acting like 1 Million Griz and Huskies fans are going to hit the ferry system and clog it up all day... I have taken that ferry for Seahawks games probably a dozen times, and I never had problems.

The only way I would consider paying more to stay in Seattle is if the game was at noon.

Cuervohola said:
I don't get any of your logic... Staying in Silverdale saves about $40 on a hotel compared to Seattle (lowest prices on Trivago)... That pays for the ferry and Lunch wherever in Seattle.

The ferry has 11 runs on Saturday before the game with the last getting into Seattle around 3:30... One could pick to spend all day in Seattle or a few hours.

You're acting like 1 Million Griz and Huskies fans are going to hit the ferry system and clog it up all day... I have taken that ferry for Seahawks games probably a dozen times, and I never had problems.

The only way I would consider paying more to stay in Seattle is if the game was at noon.

...or if you want to spend a day in Seattle vs. Silverdale....but we all Silverdale is everyone's #1 Washington State travel destination....so much more to do than Seattle and you can save $40 on a room!!!

Back