• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Troxel Back to ISU

horribilisfan8184 said:
Look, Stitt and Co. bailed him out of a horrible situation, most likely at his request. Regardless of whatever happened after that at ISU, I see this as a situation where Trox owed the Griz one full season. Hopefully Trox asked for his release and Stitt graciously ok'd the deal.
Maybe. But Stitt did not give him a job in which he could expect to retain him.

Maybe this has been discussed and I am just affirming what others of have posted. Troxel clearly stated he was going to go anywhere Phen went. Phen was hired sometime in March, thus Troxel probably knew he was leaving well before the end of spring practice, but stayed long enough to learn a lot about our O, thus I have no respect for the guy. I hope he fails at ISU.

NativeGriz said:
Maybe this has been discussed and I am just affirming what others of have posted. Troxel clearly stated he was going to go anywhere Phen went. Phen was hired sometime in March, thus Troxel probably knew he was leaving well before the end of spring practice, but stayed long enough to learn a lot about our O, thus I have no respect for the guy. I hope he fails at ISU.

Or he was granted a release by Stitt, told to keep it hush until after spring ball, and at least stay til then. We can "what if" the EF out of this fellas.

HookedonGriz said:
NativeGriz said:

Or he was granted a release by Stitt, told to keep it hush until after spring ball, and at least stay til then. We can "what if" the EF out of this fellas.
That would make Stitt an absolute dumb ass to keep his future competitor around long enough to learn a lot about our team. The last time we lost a coach to an inferior team, we got beat at home because that coach knew exactly how to defend against a stitt offense. Troxell is going to help their DC a bunch, not to mention having some ideas how to take on our D, when it comes time to play us.

NativeGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
NativeGriz said:

That would make Stitt an absolute dumb ass to keep his future competitor around long enough to learn a lot about our team. The last time we lost a coach to an inferior team, we got beat at home because that coach knew exactly how to defend against a stitt offense. Troxell is going to help their DC a bunch, not to mention having some ideas how to take on our D, when it comes time to play us.

81760-because-its-all-part-of-the-pl-DhTL.gif

NativeGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
NativeGriz said:

I think people blow this out of proportion, Stitt included with his attitude towards the media. Coaches have plenty of film on each other and coaches talk to other coaches who have talked to our coaches. It's a small world.. especially in college athletics. Stitt is happy to share his offensive ideas with coaches around the country. If a coach knows his philosophy and watches a couple years of film, they have a pretty good read of his offense.

It all comes down to which team executes, protects the ball, and has the better talent. That team will win 99% of the time.
Remember Hauck's attitude of you know exactly what we're going to do, but we'll kick your ass anyway? #GoodOlDays

kemajic said:
Ursa Major said:
boisebengal said:
I think a lot of what you've all said about Troxel and Kramer is spot on. I think that Kramer was tough on his coaches and had high expectations from them, and I've heard that there were times he interfered with the playcalling. I thought it was strange as well, that Matt would leave as ISU OC to take a wide receiver job at Montana. In any event, the good thing is that ISU returns most of their coaches from last season so that there's continuity. The bad is that Phenicie's never been a head coach before, and past performance is an excellent indicator of future success. I wish ISU could have some semblance of success like Montana's had in the past.

Good Post Boisebengal. Unfortunately, I'm not as kind.

Enjoy cashing your paycheck from UM, Judas. It will be your last.
Enjoy Phen Phen and another half-decade worth of BSC cellar dwelling.
Enjoy your next career opportunity as parking coordinator at Craters of the Moon National Monument.

I'm with Griz2k, f*** him!
Way to diss a former Griz player. Stitt had him in a ridiculously underutilized position; this was inevitable once Phenicie got the job at ISU.

Are you familiar with Ursa's posting history? Maybe re-think that first sentence.

If Troxel had knowledge before spring practices ended he should have stepped away. If Stitt knew he should have demanded it.

griz5700 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ASchmidtacular/status/856931047224868864[/tweet]

What "statement" of Trox does Schmidt refer to? Some words? Departing ISU when Kramer was still there, and then coming back after Kramer left? Departing UM so quickly?

I agree with 8184. Trox owed UM a minimum of a full season after accepting the job here. His role with isu wasn't going anywhere. Phen would have and could have hired him next season.

griz5700 said:
NativeGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
NativeGriz said:

I think people blow this out of proportion, Stitt included with his attitude towards the media. Coaches have plenty of film on each other and coaches talk to other coaches who have talked to our coaches. It's a small world.. especially in college athletics. Stitt is happy to share his offensive ideas with coaches around the country. If a coach knows his philosophy and watches a couple years of film, they have a pretty good read of his offense.

It all comes down to which team executes, protects the ball, and has the better talent. That team will win 99% of the time.
Remember Hauck's attitude of you know exactly what we're going to do, but we'll kick your ass anyway? #GoodOlDays

Agree 100%. The old Lombardi "we will give you our playbook and still out execute you and win" mentality

These are not the good ole days. These are the survival days and we can use any advantage possible.

kemajic said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
Look, Stitt and Co. bailed him out of a horrible situation, most likely at his request. Regardless of whatever happened after that at ISU, I see this as a situation where Trox owed the Griz one full season. Hopefully Trox asked for his release and Stitt graciously ok'd the deal.
Maybe. But Stitt did not give him a job in which he could expect to retain him.

Regardless of the pay or responsibilities it was a lifeline. And I saw Trox as a potential OC for the Griz if Stitt was inclined to listen to the eGriz family of experts on that subject.

HookedonGriz said:
griz5700 said:
NativeGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:

Agree 100%. The old Lombardi "we will give you our playbook and still out execute you and win" mentality

I don't agree. No one would really give the other team it's playbook. Playbooks are much more complex now than when Lombardi coached. Assume Lombardi and other coaches don't pass out their communications and signals and fake signals to the opposition. Or, how they signal in plays. Or how the offense and defense should/will adjust at the start of a play, based on what the opposing team does. Or, who on the team is good at adjusting and playing smart, and who isn't. What the actual philosophy of the offense is in certain circumstances. Their list of situational plays, i.e. the whole list. Their list of trick plays, i.e. the whole list. The little strengths and weaknesses of players. Info on who might be susceptible to getting distracted by trash talking. Who is a bit weaker than the others. Who has a lingering injury problems. Etc.

EverettGriz said:
I agree with 8184. Trox owed UM a minimum of a full season after accepting the job here. His role with isu wasn't going anywhere. Phen would have and could have hired him next season.

What?!? Come on, you can't be serious?
He owed us almost a year of his life? What are you a slaver?
Unless there was some kind of noncompete clause in his contract, this is crazy talk.
And you think ISU would hold the OC job open all year, or just fire someone after 1 year? Yeah that sounds real practical.
Griz nation gets more delusional each season

I don't see why Stitt won't publicly release a statement? I really think him being so adverse to the media creates problems with the image.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume that Matt has a family and a home back in Pokey. The home would have gone on the market soon and the family is probably still in Pokey finishing out the school year.

In the meantime, Matt gets the opportunity to go back to ISU and not move his family and not sell his house and not have to buy a house in the much more expensive Missoula market, and get an increased salary.

Matt would have flunked the IQ test if he had not made the move back.

If at least part of my assumptions are correct, congratulations Matt and best to you and your family - and thanks for the help you gave us.

EverettGriz said:

Totally disagree. If Trox was leaving in a lateral move to become WR coach, I might agree, but the guy got a promotion to be the OC. Honestly, if the Griz poached a coach that just got hired at his current job, I don't think anyone would be on here complaining about it.

dayday said:
I don't see why Stitt won't publicly release a statement? I really think him being so adverse to the media creates problems with the image.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gonna go on a limb and say this couldn't be further from the truth.

garizzalies said:
EverettGriz said:

What?!? Come on, you can't be serious?
He owed us almost a year of his life? What are you a slaver?
Unless there was some kind of noncompete clause in his contract, this is crazy talk.
And you think ISU would hold the OC job open all year, or just fire someone after 1 year? Yeah that sounds real practical.
Griz nation gets more delusional each season

Well, I still believe in a world where a man should honor his commitments, particularly when he was done a favor. There's a right way to do things, then there's the way where as long as you don't violate a noncompete....

Latest posts

Back