• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pro Day Tomorrow (April 2)

I see that Gubner’s number page has him at 4.82 in 40, as opposed to 4.85 in a post and in Rainey’s chart. He is listed at 294 in Rainey’s chart.

Gubner put up speed test numbers that would have been among the very best among the defensive linemen at this year’s NFL Combine in Indianapolis.

His 4.85 time in the 40 would have been the second-fastest time for a D-Tackle, and his 10-yard split time of 1.68 would have been third. His 4.60 shuttle time would have been third at the combine among D-tackles, and his three-cone time of 7.45 would have been second. All on a frame carrying nearly 300 pounds.

Similarly, Braxton Hill would have ranked among the quickest linebackers at the combine, with a 7.01 second three-cone time that would have been the fastest in the position group and a top 20 time among all athletes in Indy.

The Buchanan Award finalist and Anaconda native also posted a 4.29 time in the shuttle, which would have been third at the combine, and his 10-yard split of 1.62 would have been tied for fifth in the position group.

The 2024 NFL Draft will be held April 25-27 in Detroit.”

QB Club email.

Looks like walker has some pretty athletic numbers do his size also

Overall impressive and loves seeing all the footage of these guys working out

Hope the best for them as they were all true Griz players and some of the best we have had

Gubner put up speed test numbers that would have been among the very best among the defensive linemen at this year’s NFL Combine in Indianapolis.

His 4.85 time in the 40 would have been the second-fastest time for a D-Tackle, and his 10-yard split time of 1.68 would have been third. His 4.60 shuttle time would have been third at the combine among D-tackles, and his three-cone time of 7.45 would have been second. All on a frame carrying nearly 300 pounds.

Similarly, Braxton Hill would have ranked among the quickest linebackers at the combine, with a 7.01 second three-cone time that would have been the fastest in the position group and a top 20 time among all athletes in Indy.

The Buchanan Award finalist and Anaconda native also posted a 4.29 time in the shuttle, which would have been third at the combine, and his 10-yard split of 1.62 would have been tied for fifth in the position group.

The 2024 NFL Draft will be held April 25-27 in Detroit.”

QB Club email.
It appears Gubner excelled in multiple areas during the Griz pro day! The only knock might be his bench reps, which would place him last of all DTs at the combine. That said, I really hope Gubner (and all Griz) get an opportunity at the pro level!

"Gubner did not disappoint, throwing down times of 4.79 and 4.85 seconds in the 40,”

"scouts from the Jacksonville Jaguars, the Seattle Seahawks (x2), the Green Bay Packers plus CFL reps from the Calgary Stampeders and the Saskatchewan Rough Riders in attendance,”

"Of the 35 players drafted out of Montana since the Griz entered the Big Sky in 1963, 10 were recruited by Hauck. And every player other than Tyrone Holmes (a sixth-round pick in 2016 and the last Montana player drafted) over the last 20 years was developed by Hauck."

Gubner quite rightly gets a huge amount of the shine, he is incredible and any team will get a STEAL if they draft him in those late rounds, but man, Braxton Hill is a sleeper. I know I've said it a few times on here, but two years ago he hurdled an NDSU lineman to get into the backfield and it woke me up to him. Watching him last year was an absolute pleasure. Braxton Hill's athleticism really flew under the radar

Let me preface this post:

I am NOT disparaging these young men who played their hearts out for the School and each other. I know most of the athletes invited to the combine are the elite of the elite, and my observations are NOT empirically based.

What I am going to say is based on comparisons from this year's 2024 NFL combine for Gubner, Forbes and Hill. I didn't look at the results for any of the other players, because I don't believe they will get a FA call let alone possibly drafted.

Overall, our guys would have been on the low end of the combine results, with the exception of one player.

I really don't think anyone is going to get drafted, but IF any of this years players do get a call late Saturday or Sunday, it will be Gubner, and not Hill.

Gubner had beasty Pro Day. Comparatively, his Pro Day results would have placed him in the top 10 DT's in this year's combine. I also checked his numbers against the LB's, and he would have probably been close to scoring in the top ten as well. Gubner's a machine. He should have gotten an invite to the combine. I think is gonna get a call on Sunday, either as a 7th rounder or as a FA. He is going to be on a roster when the regular season starts, I'd bet lunch on that.

Forbes could get a FA call, and I can see him making a practice squad, or ST. I don't believe he will make a regular season roster. I can easily see him having a nice career in the CFL.

I am gonna catch crap for this next statement, but IDC.

A lot of people think Hill will go in the 7th. I will be stunned if he does. His pro day numbers were average-ish at best. He didn't impress. His bench was way low. 225 15 times? That is not good, at all. It could have been a bad day, nerves and all. I am certain he is not going to be drafted unlike some people believe. He might... might get a call for a mini-camp as a FA. I don't think we see him in the states again unless it's on a UFL roster. He could play in the CFL pretty easily though.

I don't think any of the other players are going to get calls.

I loved watching these men play their hearts out for us. I wish them all the best, but this is just one person's completely uneducated, unsolicited thoughts on these former-Grizzlies football future.

Let me preface this post:

I am NOT disparaging these young men who played their hearts out for the School and each other. I know most of the athletes invited to the combine are the elite of the elite, and my observations are NOT empirically based.

What I am going to say is based on comparisons from this year's 2024 NFL combine for Gubner, Forbes and Hill. I didn't look at the results for any of the other players, because I don't believe they will get a FA call let alone possibly drafted.

Overall, our guys would have been on the low end of the combine results, with the exception of one player.

I really don't think anyone is going to get drafted, but IF any of this years players do get a call late Saturday or Sunday, it will be Gubner, and not Hill.

Gubner had beasty Pro Day. Comparatively, his Pro Day results would have placed him in the top 10 DT's in this year's combine. I also checked his numbers against the LB's, and he would have probably been close to scoring in the top ten as well. Gubner's a machine. He should have gotten an invite to the combine. I think is gonna get a call on Sunday, either as a 7th rounder or as a FA. He is going to be on a roster when the regular season starts, I'd bet lunch on that.

Forbes could get a FA call, and I can see him making a practice squad, or ST. I don't believe he will make a regular season roster. I can easily see him having a nice career in the CFL.

I am gonna catch crap for this next statement, but IDC.

A lot of people think Hill will go in the 7th. I will be stunned if he does. His pro day numbers were average-ish at best. He didn't impress. His bench was way low. 225 15 times? That is not good, at all. It could have been a bad day, nerves and all. I am certain he is not going to be drafted unlike some people believe. He might... might get a call for a mini-camp as a FA. I don't think we see him in the states again unless it's on a UFL roster. He could play in the CFL pretty easily though.

I don't think any of the other players are going to get calls.

I loved watching these men play their hearts out for us. I wish them all the best, but this is just one person's completely uneducated, unsolicited thoughts on these former-Grizzlies football future.
I wouldn’t be too surprised to see TC or Walker get minicamp invites.

I think O’Connell did 6.97. O had 38.5 in vertical. 4.7 in 40. Is Hill’s 40 known?
Hill's compared to listed LB's at the combine:
Bench - 15 reps - dead last
Vertical - 32.5 - tie for 12th
Broad Jump - 9.4 - tie for 15th
40yd - 4.77 tie for 15th
Shuttle - 4.29 - 3rd

Back