• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Your FTC Quote of the Day, Monday

BWahlberg

DONOR
Last year I put up an FTC play of the day, this year I'm going with quotes, but I'll include video highlights of the game that surrounded the quote as well.

Starting the week off, we go to the post-game interview of former O-lineman Jon Opperud who was asked what it felt like to get a win vs the rival Bobcats back in 2011. His reply...

"We're 22-4 against them in the last 26 years... I wouldn't really call that a rivalry."

(it was a pretty rough day for MSU's #5 that day)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19_N2Q_p_aE[/youtube]

Thanks for posting BW. :clap:
That gets me jacked up for Saturday. Can't wait!

Oh and FTC!!!!!!!!! all week baby!

BWahlberg said:
Last year I put up an FTC play of the day, this year I'm going with quotes, but I'll include video highlights of the game that surrounded the quote as well.

Starting the week off, we go to the post-game interview of former O-lineman Jon Opperud who was asked what it felt like to get a win vs the rival Bobcats back in 2011. His reply...

"We're 22-4 against them in the last 26 years... I wouldn't really call that a rivalry."

Thanks for both quote and clip. Both great and both get you excited for Saturday

and the kittens will say it doesn't matter, 2011 doesn't count. It didn't happen, even though they carry the loss for the year, the Griz didn't win.

But, they are all still extremely butt hurt over it. :thumb:

The whole FT thing is so high schoolish. Personally I think its ridiculous and I would never want to stoop to the level of a Bobcat. Much better ways to get your point across then typing FT whatever.

... Dickenson was 12 years old the last time the Grizzlies had a losing season, in 1985. “I know that year very well,” he said. “Because my neighbor was Tony Arntson.” Arntson started at QB as a true freshman when the Griz implemented an ill-fated triple-option. They finished 3-8 and Dickenson would get to UM six years later, one Great Falls CMR quarterback following another. “He was a guy I kind of emulated and looked up to,” Dickenson said of Arntson, who is the head football coach at Helena High. “I was best friends with his brother John, and honestly, that was during the time when most of the Great Falls Russell guys went to the Bobcats.

“Then more of the CMR guys and even some of the Bison (Great Falls High) guys started going there. Which is why I’m going to say the Griz program took off.” Dickenson is joking, we think, but he notes that CMR is a tight group. He feels the same way about the Griz; he stays on the school’s national advisory board, noting, “I just like to know what’s going on.” He keeps track of the wins and losses, and perhaps lost more money on the Griz this season than any other. “It’s a good thing and a bad thing,” Dickenson said of UM’s streak of 25 straight winning seasons. “It’s great that they could do that, but it’s tough to have it (end).” And the pressure is off Arntson, a target of Dickenson’s once he arrived in Missoula.

“At the time, when I got there, he was the last starting quarterback to lose to the Bobcats,” Dickenson said.

ordigger said:
The whole FT thing is so high schoolish. Personally I think its ridiculous and I would never want to stoop to the level of a Bobcat. Much better ways to get your point across then typing FT whatever.

What about having it on your plates???? :lol:

I say: "F^%k Hammer"!
kisswink.gif

Hammer said:
ordigger said:

I'm so god damn jealous of that...

pussycatkillerz said:
Hammer said:
ordigger said:

I'm so god damn jealous of that...

Most people are. Makes for a great gameday commute!! Lots of honks and thumbs ups!

BWahlberg said:

Oh man what a fun game that was. They were sooo confident that year, chests all puffed out. Such fun.

Hammer said:
ordigger said:

Not a fan of it....childish.

ordigger said:
Hammer said:
ordigger said:

Not a fan of it....childish.

Bah humbug.

Hammer said:
ordigger said:

Love it!

ordigger said:
Okay
STC

The best part of that game replay....every time the griz made a play
, you could hear the Griz coaches in the box screaming.

Back