• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Yesterday's game=Old school BSC

JayLarson

After having a day to process some of my thoughts on the game, this game between Eastern and the Griz is what a typical BSC game used to look like in most of the 90's. Lots of points by both teams and lots of passing yards. Am I disappointed in the loss, yes, but the with both QBs combining for about 800 yards passing any just plain football fan would say it was a very exciting game.

I wish the Griz would go back to spreading the defense out and slinging the ball all over the field, hell they even ran a couple of screens to the wideout and it looked alot like Air Bear. In the second half everyone got to see how special of a player that Ellis Henderson is, and he needs to get alot more touches of the football in a spread out passing attack.

If you look at what is happening in college more and more these days, controlling the clock has gone out the window and scoring as many points as possible is in, most teams are not focused on defense anymore, and this slowdown offense seems to be holding this team back a little bit.

JayLarson said:
After having a day to process some of my thoughts on the game, this game between Eastern and the Griz is what a typical BSC game used to look like in most of the 90's. Lots of points by both teams and lots of passing yards. Am I disappointed in the loss, yes, but the with both QBs combining for about 800 yards passing any just plain football fan would say it was a very exciting game.

I wish the Griz would go back to spreading the defense out and slinging the ball all over the field, hell they even ran a couple of screens to the wideout and it looked alot like Air Bear. In the second half everyone got to see how special of a player that Ellis Henderson is, and he needs to get alot more touches of the football in a spread out passing attack.

If you look at what is happening in college more and more these days, controlling the clock has gone out the window and scoring as many points as possible is in, most teams are not focused on defense anymore, and this slowdown offense seems to be holding this team back a little bit.

Regardless of the offense, the successful teams can still tackle consistently and defend the pass better. Our defense is so lost against better teams.

Back