• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Yelling at People to Sit Down

PlayerRep

Well-known member
How about the people yelling/screaming at people in front of them to sit down. What is wrong with some fans?

UM is winning in front of a large and fairly loud/good crowd, Tinkle is standing and waving his arms to get people to stand up and cheer, and some people down in the corner are yelling/screaming at someone in front of them to sit down. What's with that?

Seriously, with 40 seconds left in the game tonight, people in row 1/2 are yelling at a guy (who turned out to be a former UM hoops player) sitting in the court side chairs to sit down. The guy and his friend just walked out.

Just when the team is becoming successful, and the crowd is coming back and getting more into the games, UM has some "fans" who are acting like this. They are potentially driving away good fans. They are hurting the atmosphere. I was told these same people have complained about people in their row leaning too far forward. They should be banned to the sky club, or to their rocking chairs at home.
 
You need to write an editorial. Put it in the Kaiman and the Missoulian. Seriously. It won't reach their eyes by posting it on eGriz. Preaching to the choir here.
 
My God PR, I was in section 109 and 2 old guys yelled at them. I told them we need them doing that. One old man tapped him on the shoulder and the shorter guy in the courtside seats gave them a dirty ass look. I have to agree it was pretty damn pathetic of those bitching about them standing up. One of the guys behind me said, "that would never fly at the ZOO!"

With that said, I was really happy with the student section tonight.
 
We're going to have to do something publicly to these people, to either keep them home or get them to change seats...tar and feathering, I don't know where to get that many feathers without ruining my wife's 4,289 pillows that we dont use in our house. I say round em up, put all the anti-stand crew at half court and throw eggs at em. And Im not fucking joking.

Tinkle and this team deserve a crowd that can stand for two hours...
 
This came up over on the game thread, with an emphasis on age: "Old F**ts", "AARP convention," etc. Trust me, being certifiably well into geezer-hood, it's not about (physical) age. I swear, some people were just born "old."

A few even show up at Griz football games ... we (my wife and I) have gotten some really dirty looks with our yelling and screaming. I suppose it's worse for BBall because you're indoors, and we've always been taught not to yell and scream indoors. (Pop psychology, but how else to explain it?) We need to make some people understand that BBall is a rock concert (does anybody sit down?), NOT a goddamn symphony.
 
You should of seen the fiasco in our corner with the um staff pissing ticket holders off by making them sit in their ticketed seats.... Heard allot of this is bullshit comments... And at least one person rip up their ticket and stomp out...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
 
That's really unfortunate. I hope I never get so old that I consider tickets as "seats" rather than admission to the game.
 
mtgrizrule said:
My God PR, I was in section 109 and 2 old guys yelled at them. I told them we need them doing that. One old man tapped him on the shoulder and the shorter guy in the courtside seats gave them a dirty ass look. I have to agree it was pretty damn pathetic of those bitching about them standing up. One of the guys behind me said, "that would never fly at the ZOO!"

With that said, I was really happy with the student section tonight.

Student section was truly terrific. Best I've ever seen. Yes, it was 109. And, again with Tinkle trying to get the crowd to stand in the last several minutes, this seemed very wrong.
 
Sounds to me like a Montana version of the wine and cheese crowd, nursing home furlough situation that is a U of Arizona home basketball crowd. I had ice-cold daggers shot at me the one, possibly two, times that NAU did anything positive and I dared to stand up and clap at the game @ UofA in November.

It's a playoff game for Pete's sake. Stand up or stay home! Idahogriz is right, it's a basketball game and not high culture. Stand up and be loud tonight, Griz fans.
 
I sit in 109 but at the top row so do not have to worry about all the old geezers that sit in that section yelling at me to sit down. I was a student from 1978 - 1982, and yet most of the fans in this section are older than me. There were fans standing up at many times in section 109 but most were near the top. those lower who stood up would most likely be yelled at to sit down by those old geezers that sit in front of me.

But even back in 1978 - 1982 this was a problem but at least they did something to resolve it. the section above the student section complained about the students standing back then. They ended up taking out a whole row of student seating which resulted in the student section having approximately 50 or so fewer seat (just an estimate) and the student section being lower allowing the upper sections to see the game better and not have to stand up.
 
IdaGriz01 said:
This came up over on the game thread, with an emphasis on age: "Old F**ts", "AARP convention," etc. Trust me, being certifiably well into geezer-hood, it's not about (physical) age. I swear, some people were just born "old."

A few even show up at Griz football games ... we (my wife and I) have gotten some really dirty looks with our yelling and screaming. I suppose it's worse for BBall because you're indoors, and we've always been taught not to yell and scream indoors. (Pop psychology, but how else to explain it?) We need to make some people understand that BBall is a rock concert (does anybody sit down?), NOT a goddamn symphony.


or the theatre/opera :roll:
 
Tonight's game is on ESPNU. If you don't want to have to stand, I promise you that if you stay home on your coach, not a single stranger will stand in front of you. 6.5 hours to tip, can't wait! :shock:
 
I will not act to kindly to anyone asking me to sit down in either Championship game. This is college basketball, not Sr Citizen activities fun night!!! No disrespect to anyone intended, but honestly to God, these games are about the school, and a team that earned the best support possible. Either join in the fun, or don't bitch about it!!!!! Rather it be basketball or football, it is insulting to the teams playing the game, if their fans cannot give them their best.

If you don't like it, go ahead and pull your support to GRIZ athletics. Myself and many others are waiting to purchase those seats to replace your whining asses. I honestly wish there could be a solution to make everyone happy. It is flat out embarrassing to see a full house with people sitting, and worse yet doing nothing to support the team. If and when, my body can no longer support me standing, I will find tickets in an area where I can sit comfortably, even if that means watching from the comfort of my own.

Don't take away the fun for those able to stand and yell.
 
griz71 said:
IdaGriz01 said:
This came up over on the game thread, with an emphasis on age: "Old F**ts", "AARP convention," etc. Trust me, being certifiably well into geezer-hood, it's not about (physical) age. I swear, some people were just born "old."

A few even show up at Griz football games ... we (my wife and I) have gotten some really dirty looks with our yelling and screaming. I suppose it's worse for BBall because you're indoors, and we've always been taught not to yell and scream indoors. (Pop psychology, but how else to explain it?) We need to make some people understand that BBall is a rock concert (does anybody sit down?), NOT a goddamn symphony.


or the theatre/opera :roll:
Some of the best screaming I've ever heard has been in opera houses...real fans that appreciate it stand and cheer a lot...and, In Europe, very vocal when the performance is bad....people my age, 68, should not blocking anything that exists thefor the students...the seating at Dahlberg looks weird on tv..wide aisles give it a small appearance while present student situation looks crowded. Move the students to the old folks side...that would give some excitement..
 
GrizLA said:
griz71 said:
IdaGriz01 said:
This came up over on the game thread, with an emphasis on age: "Old F**ts", "AARP convention," etc. Trust me, being certifiably well into geezer-hood, it's not about (physical) age. I swear, some people were just born "old."

A few even show up at Griz football games ... we (my wife and I) have gotten some really dirty looks with our yelling and screaming. I suppose it's worse for BBall because you're indoors, and we've always been taught not to yell and scream indoors. (Pop psychology, but how else to explain it?) We need to make some people understand that BBall is a rock concert (does anybody sit down?), NOT a goddamn symphony.


or the theatre/opera :roll:
Some of the best screaming I've ever heard has been in opera houses...real fans that appreciate it stand and cheer a lot...and, In Europe, very vocal when the performance is bad....people my age, 68, should not blocking anything that exists thefor the students...the seating at Dahlberg looks weird on tv..wide aisles give it a small appearance while present student situation looks crowded. Move the students to the old folks side...that would give some excitement..

Uh... The conversations are definitely different on the Basketball board versus the Football board. ;)
 
grizpsych said:
GrizLA said:
griz71 said:
IdaGriz01 said:
This came up over on the game thread, with an emphasis on age: "Old F**ts", "AARP convention," etc. Trust me, being certifiably well into geezer-hood, it's not about (physical) age. I swear, some people were just born "old."

A few even show up at Griz football games ... we (my wife and I) have gotten some really dirty looks with our yelling and screaming. I suppose it's worse for BBall because you're indoors, and we've always been taught not to yell and scream indoors. (Pop psychology, but how else to explain it?) We need to make some people understand that BBall is a rock concert (does anybody sit down?), NOT a goddamn symphony.


or the theatre/opera :roll:
Some of the best screaming I've ever heard has been in opera houses...real fans that appreciate it stand and cheer a lot...and, In Europe, very vocal when the performance is bad....people my age, 68, should not blocking anything that exists thefor the students...the seating at Dahlberg looks weird on tv..wide aisles give it a small appearance while present student situation looks crowded. Move the students to the old folks side...that would give some excitement..

Uh... The conversations are definitely different on the Basketball board versus the Football board. ;)
well, generally that's true. But, confrontation is too easy on the net and most times I pass it up, but, as we know, sometimes you just hit a limit of mindless cyber shots..alas. Still, I think older people often forget that the sports programs at the U are for the students, first, then the alumni, then the public...students should have priority seating, especially for championship events...Sadly, for this upcoming Men's championship game, I can't watch live...my carrier does not have espnU and the link you provide has too many popups and new sites....alas....
 
Back
Top