• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Wow...weber?

GeauxGriz

I just heard that Utah's leading rusher is transfering to Weber state. He will be a senior next year. His name is Warfield....maybe Branndon Warfield.

He is a stud...and should be the best RB in the Big Sky next year! Why Weber...the world may never Know.

Careful Geaux...someone might accuse you of not walking a mile in this kids shoes...not considering the familial obligations he might have....maybe you are not considering the wonderful educational opportunities that are available at Weber...Its not all about the atheletics you know...He's got to consider his future...maybe he already has four or five children?

Sometimes the "leading rusher" title can be a little misleading. Marty Johnson played the first two games for Utah last year. I would think Warfield is a pretty good back but maybe not the best in the Big Sky next year.

RUSHING GP Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G
----------------------------------------------------------------
WARFIELD, Brand 9 201 985 66 919 4.6 9 61 102.1
JOHNSON, Marty 2 58 419 14 405 7.0 3 38 202.5

Sportin' Life said:
He's got to consider his future...maybe he already has four or five children?

Or four or five wives.

Sorry, that was bad but I just couldn't resist. I will probably get chewed out for making that comment but oh well.

GrizBear said:
Sometimes the "leading rusher" title can be a little misleading. Marty Johnson played the first two games for Utah last year. I would think Warfield is a pretty good back but maybe not the best in the Big Sky next year.

RUSHING GP Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G
----------------------------------------------------------------
WARFIELD, Brand 9 201 985 66 919 4.6 9 61 102.1
JOHNSON, Marty 2 58 419 14 405 7.0 3 38 202.5

Right on Bear, wasn't Ronnie Jenkins (BYU) the leading rusher in the WAC the year before he transfered to NAU? He did well at NAU and is playing in the NFL, but I don't think he ever lived up to the hype surrounding him.

GeauxGriz said:
I just heard that Utah's leading rusher is transfering to Weber state. He will be a senior next year. His name is Warfield....maybe Branndon Warfield.

He is a stud...and should be the best RB in the Big Sky next year! Why Weber...the world may never Know.

Let's see, why Weber. Hmmm transfering from Utah... Weber is in Utah. Stay's close to friends/family/possible girlfriend. Seems like that would be the logical explanation.

Shakermaker said:
GeauxGriz said:

Let's see, why Weber. Hmmm transfering from Utah... Weber is in Utah. Stay's close to friends/family/possible girlfriend. Seems like that would be the logical explanation.

Yeah...smart thinkin...except he is from Texas.... :roll: And if that is so logical, Oches should be going to UNC next year....

And those stats for the other guy are misleading....as are the average yards for Warfield. Warfield had to carry the ball against Michigan ,Air force and CSU....That will taint the average yards per carry for anyone.

It is a very good pick-up for the Wildcats...but we will see. The Griz will hold him to little.

Shakermaker said:
GeauxGriz said:

Yeah...smart thinkin...except he is from Texas.... :roll: And if that is so logical, Oches should be going to UNC next year....

And those stats for the other guy are misleading....as are the average yards for Warfield. Warfield had to carry the ball against Michigan ,Air force and CSU....That will taint the average yards per carry for anyone.

It is a very good pick-up for the Wildcats...but we will see. The Griz will hold him to little.

GeauxGriz said:
Shakermaker said:
GeauxGriz said:

okay... drop the family... he's got friends and possioble a girly. Why else would he stay in the same state? Other than that... who gives a rats ass.

You may be right....but I think that the "logical explanation" would be better named the "speculative explanation". Here are my top 5 speculations why Warfield chose Weber:

5-He is Morman, and wants to stay in the holy land

4-He has a boyfriend in Utah

3-He went on a vision quest, and his gaurdian animal was a wildcat

2-Isn't polygamy still legal there? :wink:

And The #1 reason Warfield will transfer to Weber...(Drum roll).....He is an alien 0X and the Government put a shock collar on his nuts, and the electronic fence that sets it off is the Utah state line.......

Ok...not quite Letterman.....but if my pay were as much as his, I'd work harder on it....

i see that Warfield had his sites set on either BYU, Utah, utah state, and Weber when transfering from his JC.

One thing to keep in mind is that if he's playing for Weber he's...well he's playing for Weber. I've not looke at their OOC-schedule, but rushing against the Griz, Cats, ISU, and sometimes NAU and PSU can be tough.

I can't find anything saying he's even transfering though. I'd think it would be significant enough to warrent at least an article on espn.com seeing as he was their starter and leading rusher. I'm not saying it's not true though.

Way off topic, but i see a JC qb's name was ANDY GOODENOUGH
that would be a great last name to have.
"I'm not great, but i'm goodenough!" 8)

Geez Geaux, you made 'Montana Grizzly' status long ago. No need to be double posting anymore. :lol:

What if he doesn't fit in the Weber offense as well as Utah's? GSU once had a highly touted QB from UGA, he never panned out.

Latest posts

Back